Funny taste

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Manachina, 31 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Manachina

Manachina Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Is anyone out there?????

I am actually doing fine on my 5th day of CD, even though I am having a hard time drinking all that water my bigest thing is having that funny taste in my mouth.........:eek:

What can I do to get rid of it??? Is it NORMAL???

Please Help....................

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes it is normal. It is the key tones as you will be in ketosis.

You can use a breath spray like goldspot. You can get these from any chemist.

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I found the more i drank the taste went away it is the ketones taste .Some peeps use a mouth spray like gold spot or mouth wash others use a sugar free mint (dont know if these are ok on your diet) and some brush there teeth 20 times a day lol.Have to say i found flushing them with lots of water works best for me .Stick it out the water gets easier as time goes on xxxxx

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Definitely your ketones mate, which is a good sign :clap: Brushing your teeth also helps because of that lovely 'fresh breath' feeling, and I know people who aren't on VLCDs who carry round a portable toothbrush and toothpaste because doing a quick brush up stops them eating - they feel like they don't want to 'dirty' their teeth! :eek: Yes, I know it sounds weird, but we are all a bit of a weird bunch!! :p

6. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Into my 6th month on CD and I still have the manky mouth and the death breath!

I am drinking 5L of water per day too!

I chew sugar-free gum endlessly and have done since day 1!!

It is a good sign you are in ketosis, so enjoy it!

7. Manachina

Manachina Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks, you all..... I"ll get some Sugar- free Chewing gum right now....... Iam actually missing to chew on something.
    I just posted another thread asking for help again with the taste in my mouth......having a little trouble navigating the site.......not much on a computer........
    Thanks again

8. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I don't tend to notice a bad taste during the day, it wore off after a week or so on CD, although I do wake up with death breath and a carpet mouth lol

Corinne x

9. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm LLing, but I thought you couldn't have sugar-free gum when SS with CD or LL? Something to do with citirc acid affecting ketosis? Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.