Funny taste

Manachina

Is anyone out there?????

I am actually doing fine on my 5th day of CD, even though I am having a hard time drinking all that water my bigest thing is having that funny taste in my mouth.........:eek:

What can I do to get rid of it??? Is it NORMAL???

Please Help....................

Yes it is normal. It is the key tones as you will be in ketosis.

You can use a breath spray like goldspot. You can get these from any chemist.

I found the more i drank the taste went away it is the ketones taste .Some peeps use a mouth spray like gold spot or mouth wash others use a sugar free mint (dont know if these are ok on your diet) and some brush there teeth 20 times a day lol.Have to say i found flushing them with lots of water works best for me .Stick it out the water gets easier as time goes on xxxxx

Definitely your ketones mate, which is a good sign :clap: Brushing your teeth also helps because of that lovely 'fresh breath' feeling, and I know people who aren't on VLCDs who carry round a portable toothbrush and toothpaste because doing a quick brush up stops them eating - they feel like they don't want to 'dirty' their teeth! :eek: Yes, I know it sounds weird, but we are all a bit of a weird bunch!! :p

Into my 6th month on CD and I still have the manky mouth and the death breath!

I am drinking 5L of water per day too!

I chew sugar-free gum endlessly and have done since day 1!!

It is a good sign you are in ketosis, so enjoy it!

Thanks, you all..... I"ll get some Sugar- free Chewing gum right now....... Iam actually missing to chew on something.
I just posted another thread asking for help again with the taste in my mouth......having a little trouble navigating the site.......not much on a computer........
Thanks again

I don't tend to notice a bad taste during the day, it wore off after a week or so on CD, although I do wake up with death breath and a carpet mouth lol

Corinne x

I'm LLing, but I thought you couldn't have sugar-free gum when SS with CD or LL? Something to do with citirc acid affecting ketosis? Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

Back