Furious! But thanks for the motivation!

Oh - only son syndrome, plus she thinks she is lady of the manor and head of the family here. :(

Still - she learnt rapidly that I do not get told what to do by her, but she now waits till I am out to get sneaky and get OH alone to do some brainwashing on him.

We are having to have a wedding at home too because MIL won't fly, but I have just gone for the full on wedding experience instead of the little discreet affair she wanted instead (she is ashamed of us having kids before marriage).

thats nothing to be ashamed of! thats not nice at all. just remember that its your big day dont let anyone tell you how it should be xx

the battles with mothers and mothers in law over weddings... they seem to feel like it's their day. I don't envy you. The weekend after we got engaged we went up to his parents' place and she managed to make me cry. She's usually lovely and we get on well, but she poured cold water on all our ideas. I'm sure it was upsetting for her too. All those years she'd imagined what her son's wedding would be like and here we were not conforming to the image in her head.

She came round about most of it, in the end.

glad she came round. think at wedding times it is nice to have everyone agree but obviously i think that it shud be up to the bride and groom. its their special day!

aw, i actually love my mil!

i am so grateful that she spoils me rotten but not too intrusive. at times i prefer her to my own mum ;)
it's wierd because i am aware that her relationship with her own daughter is more similar to my relationship with mine - a bit stilted. but i am 'the daughter she never had' because her own is not at all girly and they have not too much in common.

thats really sweet :) nice to know theres one out there.

i thought mine was really nice till the true colours came out and it really hurt coz i live really far from my family and it meant alot to me that my mother in law was so nice to me.. but hey it wasnt meant to be.

hope this love between u n ur mil stays like this hun, its lovely to hear xxxx

Mine bugged me so much before the wedding that we booked a last minute holiday to Cyprus we got back on the Thursday and got married that Saturday and went to Mexico on the Monday lol down side was she was making my cake and changed it whilst we were away, was bot what we wanted but look ok and it's only a cake

well done you for being strong and not giving in! i dont tell my inlaws as they are all size 6's and assume i just eat too much and dont know what the problem is, my sister in law said just eat less and youls loose weight simple!

just think thin think new clothes new you! xxx

Back