Gabs journey

Ooohh I cheated a bit though I lost the bulk of that on a different diet :eek: I've lost around 10lbs on Atkins, good luck though seriously if you can manage to the end of this month without alcohol (not meaning to sound like I'm dependant on the stuff or owt! :rolleyes:) then I take my hat off to ya, even though I'm not wearing one... but you get the idea! X)

yeah im takin baby steps - im gonna try get thru the first 2 weeks thou .. i have the last game of the season on sunday (mad football fan) and i have never had a match day in my life where i have been to the football and remained sober before and after the game!!! .. so the test will be sunday - if i can get thru that then ill laugh my way thru may!!! x

good luck then!!! you've done pretty well on WW, lost a good amount in 3 weeks ;o you'll be fine I think, you'll lose it much quicker on Atkins too I bet!!! xx

good luck then!!! you've done pretty well on WW, lost a good amount in 3 weeks ;o you'll be fine I think, you'll lose it much quicker on Atkins too I bet!!! xx

well here's hoping!!! thanks aaron -im gonna start reading peoples menus and try get some ideas - im a huge fan of eggs thou which seems to be lucky haha- even on WW i used to have 2 boiled eggs for brekkie - and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is my idea of heaven!! .. not to mention all those cheeses mmm .. im a bit of a cheesaholic so gonna try stay away from cheese i read it stalls? im gonna have a babybel a day or some philly .. one or other! xx

well here's hoping!!! thanks aaron -im gonna start reading peoples menus and try get some ideas - im a huge fan of eggs thou which seems to be lucky haha- even on WW i used to have 2 boiled eggs for brekkie - and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is my idea of heaven!! .. not to mention all those cheeses mmm .. im a bit of a cheesaholic so gonna try stay away from cheese i read it stalls? im gonna have a babybel a day or some philly .. one or other! xx

Atkins sounds perfect then!!! yeah I've read that cheese has stalled/affected some people but I don't think it affects everyone - think its just one of them personal things yano? See how ya go with it, I LOVE cheese aswell, always have it with my salads! I love scrambled eggs aswell but I'm so poor at making them :(!

suppose i better post my menu and see if u all approve

Day 1! Week 1!

breakfast - boiled egg & 3 slices of ham wrapped up with philly

lunch/snacks - tuna & mayo salad, a mini peperami, & a mini babybel

dinner - chicken breast, creme fraiche, mushrooms & green beans - with a s/f jelly pot for dessert

on my fitness pal this works out as 16g carbs but with the 2 black coffees with one sweetener tablet i had im guessing that makes 20g - im not sure giving up coffee is something i want to do .. especially as i only have 2 cups in the morning .. without them im in slow motion all day!! lol - if this seems to prevent any weight loss next week then ill cut out the coffee xx

Looks good Gabrielle, how do you make the creme fraiche?

LOL OK,

I'd wait and see how you are doing first love, you may do OK without having to worry about cheese, hidden carbs, citrix etc.

LOL OK,

I'd wait and see how you are doing first love, you may do OK without having to worry about cheese, hidden carbs, citrix etc.

cool ill just see how i get on when i have my first weigh in -ill make a note of all im eating then maybe start to eliminate stuff one by one if im not losing

thanks for all the advice !

thanks everyone :D xx

ah, we're all here to help one another love.

Hi & welcome to Atkins. xx

hi and welcome to atkins, the cheese does stall a lot of people so go easy on it. i have personaly found that vodka and bacardi dont stall myself as long as i have it with coke zero. :D

Thats it bad encoragement already!!! Trust you!
Hey welcome to the mad house, join us on the daily menu thread so everyone can monitor your meals (if that helps) and also learn how to make an oopsie for those all important bacon and eggs.

Yes, Bad FAF, naughty, naughty.

LOL, as if. :D

hahahaha - thanks everyone!!!! nice to know that vodka and coke zero doesnt stall you!!! i think im gonna try lay off the booze as long as poss!! im sure i wont manage much past the 2 week induction!!

thanks so much for all your welcomes - this is just what i need to keep on track!

i will join you all on the daily menu threads and i cannot wait to find out what an oopsie is lol xx

so then i failed at the first hurdle lol.. went to the pub after work to watch the football and had 2 small red wines oops... then had a bacon & brie burger (without the bun) but had a couple of the chips oops .. but that was all.. and now im back on it - so going to make the induction start a little longer - im such a silly girl

anyway todays menu -back on track

B- boiled egg, ham & philly
L- chicken breast wrapped in parma ham stuffed with philly & mushrooms on side
D- cod fillet with green beans and homemade tartar sauce

Back