Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Sounds really good Gail and well done for avoiding the buffet! You must feel really encouraged to hear all the positive comments about your weight loss. Hope you have a good loss this week.x

Thanks Val, honey and Jane (and Jules and pinkie and a few others who post here regularly). You have no idea how helpful it is to have so much support here.

Jules - there are lots of other SW'ers at work but I meet others quite regularly too when you start talking about losing weight. I don't go to supermarkets so I wouldn't meet any others there !!

Pinkie - I could think of loads of scrummy buffet food to make but unfortunately work buffets are almost always sandwiches, sausage rolls and fried food (which I love but which helped to get me where I was !) so I try to avoid them.

I have a new cereal bar addiction.....chocolate HiFi bars and weetabix oaty toffee bars. Yum yum yum.

Today was good. Had some really delicious smoked trout and salad. Nearly went off track this evening when I got a strange letter at home from work (and I'm not usually an 'emotional' eater) but fortunately I went out (to see The Script in concert) and had no food with me. Home now but feeling a bit better so have stuck to plan. Working this weekend :( so might be grumpy when I get back here !!

Thanks again to all of you.

Gail x

All fine here. Having a hectic weekend though. Working today and tomorrow (Boo !) and the trying to get to orchestra rehearsal tomorrow afternoon plus concert tomorrow evening (which will cheer me up a bit from the working weekend !). Will need a new orchestra top soon because this one is getting a bit big :)

WI tomorrow morning too. All was going well but had a big meal tonight so tomorrow may not be as good as it would have been (temporary 'post meal' gain - I was 2lbs down this morning but definitely won't be anything like that tomorrow for my official WI) but that's ok because if so, it will balance out next week. I know it's still coming off so that's good :)

Gail x

Had a really good day today even though I had to work ! Have had a few comments about my weight loss at work this weekend as well which is always nice although sometimes I'm a bit embarrassed by that because it's like living life in public (if you know what I mean).

Played in a concert tonight which went pretty well too even though I lost the counting at a crucial moment. Oops :eek:

Lost 1.5lbs which takes me closer to my BMI below 30 which will be great and really looking forward to getting my 5 stone shiny :D. I just really can't believe that I've nearly lost 5 stone - who would have thought it. Particularly not me when I started this journey 7 months ago.

No meals out (phew !) but out to a friends on Thursday who I haven't seen for ages so I will need to discuss food before we meet up so that I can stay on track (and obviously hopefully she will notice that I've lost a bit of weight !)

Gail x

Woohoo! Well done Gail - that 'below 30' BMI will be yours next week! x

Lost 1.5lbs which takes me closer to my BMI below 30 which will be great and really looking forward to getting my 5 stone shiny :D. I just really can't believe that I've nearly lost 5 stone - who would have thought it. Particularly not me when I started this journey 7 months ago.

well done gail :happy096: i knew u had lost almost 5 stone but didn't realise you had manage it in such a short amount of time you put me to shame all the farting about i've been doing the last month so its onwards and upwards from now on if u can have such a good loss i can too :rolleyes: no more excuses :talk017: xx

Hi Gail

I am struggling with my next bmi change too! It's stuck on 25.3!!!
Only a teensy bit to go until I am apparently normal. Let's both get into the next category this week!
Course, my crisp sandwich might not have helped me but it was so yum :)
Best wishes
Tracy

Very well done Gail, what a super dooper result!!! Can't wait til you get to that bmi, it will be party time!!

I was a little confused about something you said before... You don't go to supermarkets???? Where do you shop???? Xxxxx

Thanks Spanx, Pinkie, Val, Tracy and Jules. Everyone is so lovely :)

I have realised that I am definitely a bit of an 'all or nothing' person which helps for SW in a lot of ways.

I have been in a different place of work for the last few days (i only go there every few weeks) and have had lovely comments every day. I wore a fitted top (that I have never been able to wear before) plus the size 14 trousers and definitely had more comments. I need more smaller trousers (again.......) so need a shopping trip soon.

Tried the 30 day shred yesterday for the first time. At least I know what to expect for next time !! I will keep you posted :)

Feeling positive. Made fish pie again tonight - was yummy :D

Gail x

P.S. In answer to your question Jules, I have all my shopping delivered. It works brilliantly for me - I'm not tempted (much) by stuff that I don't want, they have minimum use by dates, I can have the shopping delivered late at night and I find the fruit and veg of v good quality :)

Oh I SEE... Of COURSE! Didn't think of that, silly me!

Oh everyone is getting involved in this 30 day shred, I think I need to do it really, bf downloaded it for me and I haven't even looked at it... Lazy! I'm going to do it this week. But then that's what I said last week, naughty me!

Well done on your Size 14s and all your compliments. 'Fitted' clothing you say eh? Remember it won't be long before you are shopping in "Shout" by Piccadilly Station and picking up all the tight size 12 backless mini dresses. xxxxx

Ha ha ha ha ha. You're determined to see me in something destined for someone half my age :p !!!

Thanks for your faith in me though :)

Gail x

P.S. I absolutely LOVE your new shinys (good user name too !)

Well done on your 1.5 this week :)

Played in a concert tonight which went pretty well too even though I lost the counting at a crucial moment. Oops :eek:

Your last paragraph is so heartening to read Gail and I am so pleased for you. :)

What instrument do you play in the orchestra? Used to be the fiddle and percussion for me, (not at the same time!) but it's been so long now.....

xx

Thanks Clareel and Bess,

I played the flute and piccolo in the orchestra on Sunday (which I play reasonably well) however I am also learning the violin (which I play very badly but it's fun !). I love music and most of my childhood free time was spent on musical activities. I didn't play much for about 10 years (combination of work and moving around a lot so not meeting people to play with). I started playing again when I couldn't fit into my drysuit for diving (so about the only positive thing of gaining lots of weight !) and now I just love playing again.

I'm still having a good week. Made a really delicious fish pie earlier this week. Yum Yum Yum. I was so proud of myself ! And it was really easy too.

Today I went shopping (well, more of a mini shopping trip). Bought another pair of size 14 work trousers and a pair of size 12's to slim into. OMG. I have never ever ever bought anything in a size 12. I started my adult life in a 16 and went up from there. I can do them up but am probably around a stone away from being able to wear them in public. But it's a goal and it motivates me. Also bought some new 34 bras which again is a first for me. Still didn't have the courage to try anything else on :( but I left it a bit late which may have been a deliberate avoidance tactic ! I always used to look at myself in the mirror and pretend that I didn't really look like I did (or just avoid looking) and now I still can't believe what I see some of the time. Obviously I still have a fair way to go but I look ok. I just can't get used to it.

Bought a small slice of cake (15 syns - calorie count on the pack) and 2 huge trays of raspberries to treat myself. All within syns allowance obviously. Am just chomping my way through 1 tray of the raspberries now which are absolutely amazing before I have my cake (I also bought a mini chocolate pudding which will be 9.5 syns but I'm saving it for tomorrow :)). Haven't had any other syns today so it's fine. Also did Day 2 of Jillians shred with my new mat and weights. EEEEEEK. I am feeling a bit wobbly now but pleased.

So all in all, I am feeling very proud. I don't care what I lose this week because I've been good. Obviously I hope that I lose something but I really don't care. It's coming off and will continue to do so.

Thanks for all your support.

Gail x

Back