Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

OMG! I weigh more than you Steve!!! :eek:
Stevie LOVES this!

(though not in a nasty way lol)

GO on Gail - challenge is set. See if you can beat 9.5lb in 2 weeks - you know wht they say? - the enjoyment of the holiday equates the weight gain.

Whatya mean a bad influence?? - moi? - never!

Steve you are a BAD boy! Stop trying to lead poor Gail astray! Or I shall have to come and sort u out...and I'm bigger than u don't forget! ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Steve, I have NO intention of trying to beat the 9.5lbs - unfortunately just because I have no intention of trying to beat the 9.5lbs, doesn't mean that I won't !! Love ya girls for sticking up for me :)

I took a photo today of me in shorts (which I haven't worn for about 10 yrs although I don't think you can see I'm wearing shorts in the photo !) and one of my new tops. I will try and post tomorrow when I have a chance. It's too late tonight.

Today we went to Kennedy Space Centre which was great. I haven't been before so it was good to do something new and different. Was good for breakfast (fruit and yoghurt - turned down cereal and waffles !) and lunch was ok apart from a small brownie (which I thought was ok based on the fact that I'm on holiday !). Then evening meal (out) not quite so good. I chose wisely - chicken with carrots, greens and rice however it came with dumplings (which I ate a few but left some - the leaving bit being very impressive for me) but then I also ate 2 cornmeal muffins and 1.5 scones which was just unnecessary and greedy. Didn't manage to get in the pool today either :( but we will definitely be in tomorrow afternoon and then probably most of the day on Sunday.

Oh, I love being on holiday. The nightmare of the last 2-3 weeks of work is firmly behind me (for now !) :)

Gail x

P.S. Shrimpy - I can't believe that I'm making you feel guilty. At home recently I've been the laziest person in the entire world !!!!!

I'm bigger than you too Steve, and the biggest of these other girls, so watch your back! lol

Gail I LOVE the Kennedy Space Centre. I'm hoping to take the bairn to Florida in a couple of years (he'll be nearly 11 by then) with the main aim of doing that and Epcot. Also want to fly up to New York while we're there for a couple of days. It really is so nice to hear how much you're enjoying it though. And you're on holiday, do enjoy the muffins. You'll be back on track once you're home. Can't wait to see the pics!

I think I'd better quit - while I'm behind or should I say while I'm alive lol.

I'll leave you with the immortal words of Mika.

Big girls, you are beautiful!

I'm now off to bullying.com - just to check out my legal rights;)

This is just great, so glad. :)

I love that song! :D

Nice one Steve - glad you like us big girls, although I suspect we're all hoping to get somewhere in your direction (weight loss wise) soon.

Still waiting for a post of you in your boxers though!

I took a photo today of me in shorts (which I haven't worn for about 10 yrs although I don't think you can see I'm wearing shorts in the photo !) and one of my new tops. I will try and post tomorrow when I have a chance. It's too late tonight.

Today we went to Kennedy Space Centre which was great. I haven't been before so it was good to do something new and different. Was good for breakfast (fruit and yoghurt - turned down cereal and waffles !) and lunch was ok apart from a small brownie (which I thought was ok based on the fact that I'm on holiday !). Then evening meal (out) not quite so good. I chose wisely - chicken with carrots, greens and rice however it came with dumplings (which I ate a few but left some - the leaving bit being very impressive for me) but then I also ate 2 cornmeal muffins and 1.5 scones which was just unnecessary and greedy. Didn't manage to get in the pool today either :( but we will definitely be in tomorrow afternoon and then probably most of the day on Sunday.

Oh, I love being on holiday. The nightmare of the last 2-3 weeks of work is firmly behind me (for now !) :)

Gail x

P.S. Shrimpy - I can't believe that I'm making you feel guilty. At home recently I've been the laziest person in the entire world !!!!!

I must admit I am utterly jealous! I would love to go to the Kennedy Space Centre. And all the yummy food! :drool: I'm so impressed with your restraint, I'd have eaten everything and left nothing. I'd be left sitting in a corner holding my bloated sore belly!

I WILL make it to the gym today. I will. I must. Though husband is taking me out to dinner at 5 ish though, so should be able to fit in a gym session. :)

I'm so glad you are relaxing and loving it. :) You deserve it. :)

Nice one Steve - glad you like us big girls, although I suspect we're all hoping to get somewhere in your direction (weight loss wise) soon.

Still waiting for a post of you in your boxers though!

Eeh! - I wish you'd stop hitting on me;) one day I might just post said photo!!!

Eeeeek - not on my thread please.........................:p

Gail x

Don't worry Gail - that's what PM's are for :p

I must admit I am utterly jealous! I would love to go to the Kennedy Space Centre. And all the yummy food! :drool: I'm so impressed with your restraint, I'd have eaten everything and left nothing. I'd be left sitting in a corner holding my bloated sore belly!

I WILL make it to the gym today. I will. I must. Though husband is taking me out to dinner at 5 ish though, so should be able to fit in a gym session. :)

I'm so glad you are relaxing and loving it. :) You deserve it. :)

Hmmmm! - that's EXACTLY what i did. It was great at first, so liberating. By the end of it, my body was screaming for me to stop, to get home and get back on plan. I was starting to reject food freedom. This was a great sign.

I'm sure Gail will be getting those feelings soon. Once you do Gail, you know you have got it cracked.

You'll have to let us know of any other places - especially sea food places with their all-you-can-eat crab, lobster & shrimp:D

You'll have to let us know of any other places - especially sea food places with their all-you-can-eat crab, lobster & shrimp:D

Eeeeeeeek! :eek:

:bolt:Don't eat me!!!:wave_cry:

:8855:

Still having a great time. Today is a rest day. Yipppppeeeeeee :). This weekend has been really lovely - went to Seaworld yesterday and saw some family that live over here that I haven't seen for years and years.

Tomorrow we are off to discovery cove to swim with the dolphins. Hopefully the kids (my nieces) will be brave enough to do what is asked of them ! Hope the weather holds up because we are predicted storms on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yesterday was a mixed bag in terms of food. Breakfast - pretty good (yoghurt, fruit and a small bowl of cereal), lunch pretty good (plain chicken salad with a few dried cranberries, pickle and strawberries plus a small taste of chocolate cake and cheesecake (someone elses) and I left the bread that came with my salad :)), then pizza for tea - eeeeek ! Would have been ok but I was a bit too greedy and had 3 slices and then icecream !!! Ooops.

Today I am feeling munchy and it's still early. Oh dear. I fear I am heading the way of Steve (which does not entirely surprise me - I am only human !) however I know that whatever damage I am doing would have been far worse beforehand. Scales say at present 5lb up from shortly after arrival !!!

Toodle pip. Time to go and lie in the sun. Then more body magic later in the pool with the kids :)

Gail x

You're doing fabulously well, being much more on plan than I think I would manage surrounded by all the comfort food and BBQ and OMG... :D

Glad you're having such a wonderful time! I'm pretty jealous, I would love to swim with dolphins (even if they're dirty pervs- seriously).

Enjoy the sunshine, get an amazing tan and wonderful memories and then I can live vicariously through you!

No Gail it sounds like you're doing ace! 3 slices of pizza ain't so bad, I don't think I could have stopped at 3 slices once I'd decided I was going to eat pizza! Your lunch yesterday was ace too. Who'd have thought you could stick to SW so well in Florida, I'm super impressed. Well done. Swimming with the dolphins sounds lovely, I bet your nieces will love that xxxx

Swimming with dolphins......mmmmm :)

Swimming with dolphins - you lucky, luck lady. Enjoy yourself.

It is one of my dreams to do this.
We sailed the Gulf of Patras about 20 years ago in a small yacht and one day we were surrounded by about 100 dolphins. But as soon as I dived in to join them they swam away! You can imagine what my dearest husband said !!!!

Sounds so wonderful Gail xx I would love to swim with dolphins but as I won't fly its a bit hard...

Enjoy yourself hunni! Cram as much in as you can, but have some lazy time too!

Lots of love xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back