Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi Gail,

Lovely to have you back!!

I am so excited for you that everyone is noticing and giving you those well deserved boosts!!! It must feel incredible!!

I bet you are rocking those size 16s in great style! Can't believe your ring is flying off too! Maybe you could get it resized or you could have it on a chain and wear it as a necklace!

You have done tremendously well, that's brilliant that the size 18s look silly now. We would love to see a headless pic of what the old trousers look like on you now but a snap of the size 16s would be great too!

Good luck for the rest of the week xxxx

Hi Gail, well done on your losses over Christmas and into the new year! Isn't it a great feeling to be in the 13s?! :D I'm not quite into any 16s yet, but I'm comfortably back into all my size 18 skirts and trousers and it feels gooooood! Here's to another great week... x

Hi Gail, nice to have you back! You have done so well and it is encouraging to read about how good you feel since you have lost weight. X

Hello stranger

As a diarist (is that a word) you're no Anne Frank or Samuel Pepys lol. Maybe you're too busy losing weight - that's what it is.

Hope you get your 4st soon chick!

Steve

Hello stranger

As a diarist (is that a word) you're no Anne Frank or Samuel Pepys lol. Maybe you're too busy losing weight - that's what it is.

Hope you get your 4st soon chick!

Steve

Ha ha ha ha !! Thanks Steve. Hopefully I will make up for it now.................................;)

Having a VERY busy week (one of those where you don't really know where to start and everything feels a bit frantic :mad:) hence posting here at 1am :eek:

Lost 0.5lb this week (which was fine when I weighed in the morning after a 3 course meal with wine) but then had 2 further meals out yesterday :eek:. This morning I was 2.5lbs up from yesterday's weigh in but hey ho, I had a good weekend (I didn't go mad, some of my courses were SW friendly and I don't regret any of it).

I have learnt over the last few months not to take much notice of the mid week weights (particularly the morning after big meals out) so I'm actually not too bothered. I was going to try hard to keep my syns low and not eat much today but I realised part way through the day that was a stupid idea and exactly the reason that SW (and people here) recommend flexi syns/draw a line under it etc (and the reason that I have gone off track in the past - I don't consider my weekend 'off track', it was just meals out which happen fairly frequently in my life !). So I have eaten well today (but sensibly and definitely within my syns) and tomorrow will be the same.

I still weigh in every day but find that now (having learnt not to bother too much) I don't let it put me off one way or another. If I've lost lots, I'm pleased, if I've gained but stayed on plan then I just accept it and keep to plan knowing that it will come off again.

Finding weight loss life a bit frustrating though (and I know that to some reading this, this will sound ungrateful so sorry) but I have very few clothes to wear at the moment. I have quite a few tops that I've slimmed into but very few bottoms. I want to go out and buy some more but I've become a bit frustrated by having bought stuff that I've had a couple of months wear out of (at most) and then grown out of it again :mad:. Since starting this 5 months ago (and this doesn't include the stuff that I bought just before I started to lose weight !) I have bought 5 pairs of work trousers (in 3 sizes), 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of combat pants that I can no longer wear (and those are just the things that I can think of at 1am). It's not that I'm not delighted to have lost the weight and I really am feeling FANTASTIC, it's just frustrating too.

So anyway, I will continue my journey and sticking to plan as far as possible. Am out for dinner again tomorrow night but will try and save my syns for the evening and find somewhere SW friendly.

Hope you're all having a good week (if you managed to get to the end of this post - I'm not known for being concise and to the point !!!)

Gail x

Oh Gail, I hear you about the clothes thing!!!!! It's the bane of my life at the moment. I did think about selling all my supersize work clothes on eBay, because they are pretty nice and smart, but I feel reluctant to do that at the moment. I'm not ready to pack them up either, so I have far too many clothes crammed in, and am layering too tight clothes with too big clothes! I have absolutely no idea what size I am, or what size to buy - it's the oddest thing ever, lol.

Never mind, if anyone had said to us this time last year we would have had this problem, we would have been so so so excited and happy, huh?!

Ha ha ha ha !! Thanks Steve. Hopefully I will make up for it now.................................;)

Having a VERY busy week (one of those where you don't really know where to start and everything feels a bit frantic :mad:) hence posting here at 1am :eek:

Lost 0.5lb this week (which was fine when I weighed in the morning after a 3 course meal with wine) but then had 2 further meals out yesterday :eek:. This morning I was 2.5lbs up from yesterday's weigh in but hey ho, I had a good weekend (I didn't go mad, some of my courses were SW friendly and I don't regret any of it).

I have learnt over the last few months not to take much notice of the mid week weights (particularly the morning after big meals out) so I'm actually not too bothered. I was going to try hard to keep my syns low and not eat much today but I realised part way through the day that was a stupid idea and exactly the reason that SW (and people here) recommend flexi syns/draw a line under it etc (and the reason that I have gone off track in the past - I don't consider my weekend 'off track', it was just meals out which happen fairly frequently in my life !). So I have eaten well today (but sensibly and definitely within my syns) and tomorrow will be the same.

I still weigh in every day but find that now (having learnt not to bother too much) I don't let it put me off one way or another. If I've lost lots, I'm pleased, if I've gained but stayed on plan then I just accept it and keep to plan knowing that it will come off again.

Finding weight loss life a bit frustrating though (and I know that to some reading this, this will sound ungrateful so sorry) but I have very few clothes to wear at the moment. I have quite a few tops that I've slimmed into but very few bottoms. I want to go out and buy some more but I've become a bit frustrated by having bought stuff that I've had a couple of months wear out of (at most) and then grown out of it again :mad:. Since starting this 5 months ago (and this doesn't include the stuff that I bought just before I started to lose weight !) I have bought 5 pairs of work trousers (in 3 sizes), 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of combat pants that I can no longer wear (and those are just the things that I can think of at 1am). It's not that I'm not delighted to have lost the weight and I really am feeling FANTASTIC, it's just frustrating too.

So anyway, I will continue my journey and sticking to plan as far as possible. Am out for dinner again tomorrow night but will try and save my syns for the evening and find somewhere SW friendly.

Hope you're all having a good week (if you managed to get to the end of this post - I'm not known for being concise and to the point !!!)

Gail x
I'm surprised you weigh midweek. See my diary for my excuse for not getting weighed at doctors today lol

Sounds like you're having a nice week Gail.

How were your meals? What did you munch on? You know me, I am a food perve.

Well done on your loss after a big meal out! xxx

Well, I'm having a bit of a strange week. To start with, I've had so many meals out and I know I've put on weight this week (because I weigh every day). It hasn't put me off because I expected it (after the 4th meal out.....!) but I've been trying to eat a bit less to compensate and that's not really working. Every time I try to do that (and even sometimes when I don't) I just want to munch (evenings mostly). Which I haven't felt often since starting SW. So I haven't eaten less, I've just accepted that on a week like this, if I try to eat less, I'll just eat more and go 'foraging' for food ! However, considering how bad those feelings are this week, I'm actually doing ok.

Went over syns a little yesterday but under today (so far......!) and still pretty determined that I'm going to keep at it for the rest of this week, regardless of the fact that I'm likely to put on weight (and it will be my first gain since starting SW - if so, it will be time to heed my own advice about looking forwards and putting it behind you !!).

Jules - meals out (here goes)
2 italian - had prawn/tomato skewers with plain rice and an 'orange vinagrette' (which was a bit creamy so it definitely wasn't just vinegar !!), goats cheese salad (as HEA) and tiramisu (yum, yum, yum), and the other had calamari (fried rings) with a teaspoon of garlic mayo, fish/prawn/scallop/tomato skewers (with no added oil) and spinach/broccoli (no butter/oil) and more tiramisu (yum, yum again.......:-0)

Curry night - grilled mackerel with lemon, then chicken biryani

Noodle bar - a fried rice dish with chicken, pineapple, coriander, peppers and beans. Was v nice.

So, it's not that difficult to see why I may have put on weight this week.........

Still, I don't have many weeks with quite so many meals out. Have drunk loads and loads of water so am giving myself every chance to STS (at best !!!).

Anyway, still feeling positive but struggling a little so thanks for your support. I will be on the Sunday weighers thread to post my weight on Sunday regardless of how it goes.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Jules - meals out (here goes)
2 italian - had prawn/tomato skewers with plain rice and an 'orange vinagrette' (which was a bit creamy so it definitely wasn't just vinegar !!), goats cheese salad (as HEA) and tiramisu (yum, yum, yum), and the other had calamari (fried rings) with a teaspoon of garlic mayo, fish/prawn/scallop/tomato skewers (with no added oil) and spinach/broccoli (no butter/oil) and more tiramisu (yum, yum again.......:-0)

Curry night - grilled mackerel with lemon, then chicken biryani

Noodle bar - a fried rice dish with chicken, pineapple, coriander, peppers and beans. Was v nice.

Oooh Gail how yummy!!! They sound really nice and if you've put on a bit then what the hey you're doing so well.

Those skewers sound amazing and remind me of something I had in France! Mmmm.

I love goats cheese so good choice there and tiramisu is awesome! Your other skewers sound yum particularly as I have recently discovered I love scallops.

What was your mackerel like? I've never had fish in a curry place! Mmm!!!

Sounds like you've had some great meals. And also your strategies for minimising gains are very sensible!

Good luck for Sunday xxxx

Hi Jules (and anyone else reading !),

Have had a good week actually. This morning was back to Sunday's weight and I've stuck to plan today too. So fingers crossed for a miracle on Sunday and a STS (or even a loss ????) which would be amazing. Has just confirmed (again) that it's ok to weigh mid week but you musn't take too much notice of it as things go up and down naturally sometimes for no obvious reason. Have stuck to plan all week apart from some of the meals out (which I had planned to have pudding so effectively 'flexi syn' nights). Although I'm out again next weekend as you know (which I'm very excited about), I'm looking forward to when I have less meals out and I can snack a bit more to feed my cereal bar addiction/cassava crisp/velvet crunch addiction :eek:

Will post again on Sunday with my WI result.

Gail x

Good luck with your WI. As a fellow serial scale hopper I agree with you about fluctuation in weight during the week. However hard I try, the scales are always beckoning me but like you I don't take them too seriously until weigh day. X

Weigh in today lost 2.5lbs. It is a miracle !!!! Considering I went out for 4 meals last week (see earlier for descriptions) I am soooo chuffed. But I don't feel it's luck, I worked really hard for that. Have been drinking loads and just trying to stick to my syns on the non eating out days. Sadly can't exercise yet because of a problem with my knee but hopefully soon. That will help as well.

February is going to be a very tough SW month for me because I have so many really delicious meals out planned (quite a few of which will very definitely be flexi synned). So I don't necessarily expect to lose much (? any) weight this month. However what this week has taught me is that no matter what happens (and with flexi synning you won't necessarily lose weight (although I always have so far), you just stay in control) I will keep this up. May need to keep rereading this thread again and again though !!!

I have been feeling a bit 'hungry' over the last few days when I KNOW I'm not hungry (because I've just eaten an enormous SW meal of rice/stew plus fruit etc) but those are what I call my 'munchie' days. I try to save my syns for the evening times (which is when I feel like that) so that even though I know I'm not hungry, I can have a bag of velvet crunch/passata crisps/snack sized crunchie or whatever I feel like.

So fingers crossed for Feb. I feel that the people here really help so thanks to you all.

Gail x

Well done Gail! You must be really chuffed. That is quite an achievement as you have had meals out. Hope that this next week goes just as well. X

Finding this week a little bit stressful. I think because I know that I have such a big 'foodie' weekend I want to be a little bit better than usual but I just want to eat. So because of that, I'm trying not to restrict my syns (and today I went a little bit over my 15 so I'll try and go a bit under tomorrow). This is exactly the time that SW has designed flexi syns for. So I will try and stick to plan this week, use my syns (but not try to make up for the weekend) and have a great time this weekend.

On the plus side, I have had loads of comments at work (at least 1 per day, often more) from people that don't see me that often about my weight loss. It has been really nice.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

Back