Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Wow! Well done Gail on a fab loss this week! :happy096: It just shows that it can be done, even with an active social life!

Great that people are noticing too, although I often get a bit embarrassed if people say anything - still, I'd be annoyed if nobody noticed!

Hope your week goes well - don't beat yourself up too much for having a social life! x

Finding this week a little bit stressful. I think because I know that I have such a big 'foodie' weekend I want to be a little bit better than usual but I just want to eat. So because of that, I'm trying not to restrict my syns (and today I went a little bit over my 15 so I'll try and go a bit under tomorrow). This is exactly the time that SW has designed flexi syns for. So I will try and stick to plan this week, use my syns (but not try to make up for the weekend) and have a great time this weekend.

On the plus side, I have had loads of comments at work (at least 1 per day, often more) from people that don't see me that often about my weight loss. It has been really nice.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

It's nice to get compliments, isn't it? Now's the time that the hard work is really paying off, and that will give you the motivation to carry on. Well done, you're doing absolutely brilliantly!

On a lighter note, I weighed myself on the wii tonight (only to see and record the graph, I don't take any notice of the weight on that) and then I went and changed my 'mii' to a slightly slimmer one ! LOL

Gail x

Awwww thanks Val. Yes, I'm away so limited access to computer. Am on a gastronomic tour - yum yum. Not all that SW friendly though..........! So am flexi synning this weekend (planned for ages) and will get straight back on plan on Monday no matter what the damage is - likely to be a gain this week though which is fine because it will be my first gain since starting SW (about 25 weeks so I think that's not too bad !). Having a great time too so am not too concerned. So I will post again on Monday/during the week.

Hope you're ok too ?

Gail xx

Sounds like your having a good time Gail, good for you! I think it's incredible that you havn't put on since you started SW. x

Hi Gail

Just popping in to see how things are going. Seems like you're in control and well done for having the courage to plan this and then put it right when you get back!

Makes me hopeful for May's trip to Florida!

Steve

Sounds like your having a good time Gail, good for you! I think it's incredible that you havn't put on since you started SW. x

Hi Gail

Just popping in to see how things are going. Seems like you're in control and well done for having the courage to plan this and then put it right when you get back!

Makes me hopeful for May's trip to Florida!

Steve

On one of the other threads that I visit regularly, a poster wrote (when someone had gained quite a lot over xmas) that each pound gained was 3500 calories, so even though the gain was large, that person couldn't possibly have eaten that many extra calories. In this case, I might actually have done that ! Wow, what an amazing night/weekend. I really don't mind what I put on, it was worth it. I have been so committed on this journey so far, but this weekend was TOTALLY amazing and I will accept without reservation the consequences and work hard to get back (and more) what I've achieved.

Hopefully I will feel this positive and determined after I see the damage on the scales :eek: but I am so sure that I will. I will post the damage on Monday.

Thanks everyone for your support. And I am so pleased that this weekend came so far into my journey because I think I can deal with it now.

Have a great weekend and good luck for tomorrow to all the Sunday weighers who might read this.

Gail x

Well, I'm home now and although I won't weigh in until tomorrow, it looks like the damage from the weekend is likely to be 2-3lbs from last weeks weigh in (although about 4-4.5lbs from Friday's weigh in !!! Thank goodness I was so good last week :)). I'll post it tomorrow though.

Had some more thoughts about how I am now on the way home today and things are sooo different from any other 'diet' I've ever been on (and I haven't really dieted much in my life actually :eek:).

1. I don't 'treat' myself after weigh in - weigh in is just another day on the scales for me although it is the only weight that I record and celebrate my victories. I don't want to treat myself for my successes because that will make the next one harder to get !

2. I don't feel any joy in going over syns and 'getting away with it'. I know that sometimes you can do that but I don't do it deliberately and if I have 'got away with it' I don't feel the need to try it again, I just try to stick to plan. And I know that SW is not a precise science but I don't try and play the system, I just do it.

3. I have learnt lots of things that help along the way and try to use those as much as possible eg don't have a treat size snack anywhere near the rest of the tin :eek:, if I'm going somewhere that I might get hungry - take food with me if possible so that I don't feel the need to snack on other stuff, planning everything as far as possible (even taking a packed lunch on one occasion when there was a sandwich/cake meal provided so that I could have a good lunch and stay away from the cakes !!), save my syns for the evening as much as possible because that's when I tend to need them, don't try to compensate too much during the week for a flexi synned evening - that's what flexi synning is all about.

4. I know that it would still be incredibly easy for me to go back to how I was. Much as I love the way I eat now (and how it makes me feel) it wouldn't take much to push me back to how things were (although actually it would take a bit more than when I first started this thread :D) so I won't rest on my laurels, I just want to push on.

So, onwards and downwards. I know the gain tomorrow is coming but I think I'm ok about it because it will come off again soon and I had such a great weekend.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Gail x

Glad you had a good weekend :)

And well done with your positive attitude! That's what's needed to stay on track :)

Nay

It's amazing that you've changed your whole behaviour patterns and routines. This means you are on track to keep the weight off which is great. You are doing so well!! Glad you had a great weekend, you deserve it!

Well I gained a lb (an actual gain of about 3 lbs from Friday's weigh in) but it looks like I will be back to last weeks weigh in tomorrow so that I can concentrate on having a good loss this week. What is good is that I feel completely in control and focused and not in the slightest bit concerned about my gain because I know it will be off soon.

Still having problems with my knee :-( so can't run yet. However I had another physio session today (ouch !) and she said that I could start running if I can manage it. So that's good. Fingers crossed. I may try and go out tomorrow if poss.

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

Having a great week so far. Scales are looking v good but obviously nothing counts til Sunday but I have high hopes for my 6 month anniversary :)

I have a packet of 'crunchie' biscuits at home which have been calling since last week when they arrived with my shopping however I have been very disciplined and only had 3 which were all within my syns. Mistakenly ordered another packet this week :eek: so will probably take them into work. I'm not worried that I'll eat them all in one go (I haven't done that for ages and ages since just after starting SW) but I like to vary my syns and if they are here, I'll just use all my syns on them !!

Can't remember whether I've posted this here before (or whether it was on another thread) but it's quite strange living your 'weight loss journey' in the public eye. I have had so much support from my family/friends/colleagues but it puts a bit of pressure on knowing that everyone is watching (in the nicest possible way).

My size 16 work trousers are loosening up nicely ! I started wearing them in the 2nd week of Jan (when they just fitted - especially round the legs but were comfy and fitted on the waist). Now, they are quite relaxed on the legs (but still fine) and the waist is starting to be a bit loose. I am thinking about getting a pair in a 14 as an incentive because I don't think it will be too long. Maybe 7-10lbs or so ? Hopefully will be able to get into them in about a month or so especially if I manage to start running again.

Gail x

I say go for it, but just the one pair to start with :) , you don't need the extra pressure of clothes you can't get into ( been there got about 5 items of clothes that I never managed to get into! :sigh:)

I know what you mean about pressure! You feel if you put on even 1 lb that people will notice and think "I knew she wouldn't be able to keep it off"

But in reality It's all in your mind :D

Nay

Back