Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Does a summer dress involve showing my legs..........................?

Yes ?

Maybe not then......! :p

I'll think about it Jules but thanks for your confidence in me !!!

Gail x

:p

Gail - well done for only gaining 1lb after your fabulous weekend away! I know you'll have it off again in no time - and more besides!

Your list of things that have changed since you started SW is spot on and has reminded me of how far I've come too, in terms of changing eating habits and my whole attitude to food. I know that the tendency to pig out is still there, particularly if I'm in a situation where 'it's not my fault' ie a buffet at work, or party, but, if I'm honest, I don't really enjoy that kind of food anymore and so over doing it would be a waste of syns!

Have a fab weekend! x

I am having a fantastic week. At present, I am on track for a bumper loss (in the region of my first week's losses) which is sooooo exciting. I have nothing particular planned for today other than a trip to the Trafford Centre, none of which should interfere with my losses.

I cannot believe that this is 6 months. I cannot believe that I have stuck to it for this long. I cannot believe that I plan to stick to this for a long time. Wow. I have even impressed myself !!!

I knew (or at least thought) that I would lose weight on whichever plan I stuck to (although I have never tried a plan with so many carbs - previously I was eating low carb on the whole) but I just didn't know I'd stick to it. Now, I look back and it just snuck up on me ! I stuck to it for a couple of weeks, thought 'this isn't bad' - had some good losses and just kept at it. I have only had a difficult few days (and those were really hard) - I just couldn't understand why I didn't feel positive and good about it and everything was a struggle. However most of this has been fine.

Every time I am offered (or there is something on offer) like biscuits, sweets, bread, fried food etc if I refuse, there is a battle in my brain over it but if I really want it, I do. The difference is in the past, I ALWAYS really wanted it. Now I seem to have found a balance and sometimes do but mostly don't.

The reason that SW works for me is entirely down to the psychology of it - the reason I stick to it is because it allows me to be 'normal' but with some flexibility. When I have biscuits etc and people ask 'can you have that' the answer is always 'yes, I can. But only if I want it'. Sometimes I don't because that means that I can't have something else that I had planned later. But sometimes I do. I don't get to a meal and think I can't have enough to eat because I haven't got enough calories/points etc left. If I'm really hungry I can. So, I can't believe this is 6 months but just love how I feel about it. I know some people say that this is just another diet but for me, this has changed my life. Obviously what I do from now on is down to me, but fingers crossed and hoping for another good 6 months !

Gail x

P.S. Sorry for the long rambling post but like Honey, it's a bit emotional for me looking back on the last 6 months :)

Hi Gail, your last post has really inspired me. I have had a really bad week and have strayed badly off the SW path but I know that if anything will work for me it will be the SW plan. Hope that you have a fantastic loss, you deserve it Gail. x

Your 6 months post reminds me of my first week, when the consultant asked me how I had found it - my reply was 'Well, I didnt die' :8855:such were my negative feelings about dieting and 'plans'. But like you I perservered, getting some great losses along the way :)

I wont add any more because I felt exactly the same as you when I had got to the 6 month stage. So just tack your post on the end of mine :D

Hi Gail!

You are so good with words! What you say is so true. Exactly the same as how I feel, right down to the biscuit thing you said and everything! I also usually don't feel like having the treats whereas before I always believed there was nooooo way I could ever resist delicious foods that were in front of me!

You have come so far - 6 months is awesome! I was reading what you said on that other post about shopping then saw you're off to the Trafford centre, are you going on a spree?!? Let us know what you get!

Can't wait to hear about your fab loss this week! Xxxx

Ps did the 10km love run in Heaton park today! Hope to see you at the next run in Manchester :D ...maybe just a wee 5km?!??

Last edited:
hi gail have to agree with jules u do have a way with words when i see ur other posts i quite often think why couldn't i have thought to say that, well done on reaching and being successful for the last 6 months i think you deserve a medal :king2:but a crown will have to suffice good luck on the rest of ur journey x

Well, I went to the Trafford Centre. Lost all confidence as I walked in !!!!!

However bought my first pair of work trousers in a size 14. Woo hoooooo. Only M&S (so bigger sizes I think) but I felt really good :D. Also bought a blouse in a size 16 which was nice too.

Didn't have the confidence to go in any other shops but maybe next time....................

Will post my loss here tomorrow.

Gail x

Awwwww. That's so lovely.

I find it difficult to think of myself as an inspiration but I remember when I first came here, seeing people that had lost a lot and stuck at it and being inspired by them. And now I'm getting there too. If I can be an inspiration to others - Wow. I am just sooooo chuffed. I really want others to feel like I do because (most of the time !) I feel so happy. Mostly just for what I'm doing, taking control and doing something about it but for also feeling good.

So if I can help one person find that feeling, I'm delighted.

Thanks for your comments.

Gail x

Thanks so much everyone for your really lovely comments. I just write how I feel, mostly because on the one or two occasions that I have found this hard, I find it difficult to get back to the positive feelings that I have at the moment so I thought I'd write them down. Then I can reread them and try and find that 'mojo' if it hides. I didn't know whether anyone else would want to read it (that felt a bit self centred) but I needed it for me so thought I'd put it here !

Well, this week I lost a huge 6lbs. Waaaa haaaaay. I am delighted. Even with the 1lb gain last week, I am just over the moon especially as this is my 6 month anniversary of doing SW. 1lb to go before I get my 4.5 stone shiney. (I was about to say fingers crossed for next week but then remembered what I'm doing this coming weekend and the weekend after that, so maybe 3 weeks time...............!!!).

Anyway, for all those who read my post regularly, thanks for your support. It is really appreciated.

Gail x

Wow well done Gail! Maybe we should all go for a gourmet weekend!!! No but really that is an amazing loss. You must be thrilled!!!! Such a great loss for your 6 monthiversary. Xxxx

Awwwww. That's so lovely.

I find it difficult to think of myself as an inspiration but I remember when I first came here, seeing people that had lost a lot and stuck at it and being inspired by them. And now I'm getting there too. If I can be an inspiration to others - Wow. I am just sooooo chuffed. I really want others to feel like I do because (most of the time !) I feel so happy. Mostly just for what I'm doing, taking control and doing something about it but for also feeling good.

So if I can help one person find that feeling, I'm delighted.

Thanks for your comments.

Gail x

Dear Gail,

I am thinking about following SW and browsing here have found and read all of your diary. Your honest account of your encouraging journey touched many chords for me and I think I will start, this week if I can get to the local meeting.

Many thanks.

Hi Bess,

Thanks for your lovely post. I absolutely love SW. It allows me to feel normal with what I eat and with EE (which I mostly do) I feel that I could possibly get to target and just continue to eat like this and therefore hopefully maintain (for the first time ever in my life). I now feel really good and actually don't care how long it takes me, as long as I stay in control it will come off.

I really hope that you can find the mojo, find a plan that suits you and then lose your weight steadily. You have done so well so far to have kept off 2 stone so I hope that you do well on SW. You must be determined to have stuck to CD.

If I can do anything to help, please let me know either by posting here or PM me.

Good luck and big hugs.

Gail x

Gail,

You are so sweet and I really appreciate your offer of support. I am sure I will need it. I have been really struggling this last year, feeling awful and regretting that I didn't maintain the new weight at which I felt so comfortable.
You do seem to have lost a lot of weight in a fairly short amount of time and that woosh of 6lbs was very impressive!
I find that I can't do CD now, my several attempts last year and failures made me feel wretched. I have a large family, we always eat together and often friends are here for meals as well, so CD was doubly difficult, especially as I wanted to keep it a secret from anyone outside my immediate family.....(I don't like attention, particularly about my weight. People are all too ready to chip in with their opinions I find.)

What is EE? Do you attend weekly meetings?

I can't tell you how glad I am to find and read your diary. I am beginning to despair again and you have really helped me by your honest account of a diet that I think may fit in with my life.

Thankyou.

Bess. x

Back