Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

hey :D I am another evening indulger .. I save all my syns and scoff them all in the evening , this is the time when I used to eat and eat , mostly cereal , I ould get through 1/2 a box of the chocolatey kind !!:eek:

I dont see a problem at the moment , its all about making the right choices and if you need a treat in the evening then as long as its the right treat then I think its ok , I try to wait till 9 pm , and try and eat very slowly , I use 10 syns a day and I find I am spoilt for choice of yummy things to have !!!!

You are doing so well , its obviously working how you do it now so why change :)

Hi Gail :D
Just wanted to pop in and say well done on getting that 5 stone!! Wow that is fantastic! You are a true inspriation! And 6lbs off! woww. Absolutely amazing :D
You should be so proud of yourself! xxxxxxx

Me 3, I'm an evening synner! All my syns go on my "last coffees" :). Can't have coffee without cake and bikkies! :)

Thanks all. I think for now I'm going to leave things as they are because I don't feel comfortable to try and rock the boat. I am heading into uncharted territory for me (my lowest EVER weight as an adult was 11st 11lbs and my lowest ever 'stable' weight (a few months only in 2000) was 12st 2/3lbs so I am nearly there - eeek) so I just want to cross this bridge first. However in the future, I might try a shake up if I think I can manage it - it's working for now but I just can't see how it can 'help you' to have pretty much all your fat content for the day and 2/3 of your calorie intake when you're about to go to sleep !!! Obviously it's not harming me at the moment but maybe it will help if I spread them out a bit differently ?? I will let you know !

Today was another good day. I only have one piece of chocolate left now from the posh hotel Easter chicken which is good (although it has been REALLY delicious *drool*). I had 23g earlier today (7 syns) and have a 42g piece left for tomorrow (approx 10 syns). Had baked potato, cottage cheese and a huge salad for lunch and fish pie for tea. Thought it was lentil shepards pie when I got it out but when I went to put it on the plate it was actually fish pie (I'm not a great cook......!!!!) so I had to use my 2nd HexB on green for the fish instead of cereal bars :(. Still, it worked out ok.

I have sooooo many syns in my house that I've made a decision not to buy any new syns until I've eaten some of the ones I have in. Could take me a while though. I get through food sooooo much more slowly now which I think is a good thing but not so good because I want to keep buying new stuff. I think I might need to have a 'syns' party for friends........watch this space :p

Anyway, I ought to go to bed. Up too late again :(

Have a good week everyone - only 4 days which is good but unfortunately I'm working this weekend so for me it's an 11 day week - eeeek.

Gail x

hi gail thought i would pop by to see how ur getting on ,well done on losing 6lb thats a great achievement :happy096:.

thanks for ur message on my thread x been an awful couple of weeks but things can only get better!!
i haven't had any binges which i am amazed at lol
hope u have a good week
val xx

Well done on your loss, I know you had a gain last week, but it's still a great loss. Everyone seems to be having great losses this week, I'm sure I'll be letting the side down tomorrow lol xxx

I have sooooo many syns in my house that I've made a decision not to buy any new syns until I've eaten some of the ones I have in. Could take me a while though. I get through food sooooo much more slowly now which I think is a good thing but not so good because I want to keep buying new stuff. I think I might need to have a 'syns' party for friends........watch this space :p

My husband is enforcing this on me at the mo! He says two big boxes of treats is too much! :p

Well done for your great loss this week Gail!:D You are not alone, I am also an evening 'syner'. When I am at work I am much more controlled, partly because I am so busy. Whatever you are doing obviously works Gail. x

My husband is enforcing this on me at the mo! He says two big boxes of treats is too much! :p

If only I only had 2 big boxes of treats.....................................;)

I have the worlds largest supply of cereal bars (I'm too embarrassed to admit just how many and I don't have the time to count them) and I dread to think how many months I could get through without needing to get any more syns :eek:

Thanks for your visits Laura, Jane, Shrimpy and Val - did I miss anyone. So sorry if I did !

Today has been good. I have felt a bit munchie all day but have managed to keep control (so far) so all is fine.

Food diary (EE):

Breakfast - yoghurt, passion fruit, pear
Lunch - 50g (dried) rice, home made bolognaise sauce, salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, beetroot, tomato)
Tea - home made paella (est 2 syns for a couple of small pieces of chorizo), salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato)
Snacks - 2 chocolate weetabix plus semi skimmed milk (HexB + 2 syns + HexA), the last of the easter bunny from posh hotel ! - 42g 11 syns (but worth it !)

Need to go to bed - was up ridiculously late last night (my own fault !)

See you during the week :)

Gail x

Hi Gail,

Sorry I missed u tonight x The day has flown by, its gone midnight and I'm only just getting my "fix" on here!

Shame the posh Easter choc has all gone ;)
Vicki produced the present she brought back from the isle if wight for me...a box of fudge! Lol!

Have a gd sleep hun x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hope today is another fab one for you Gail... I think I may take a leaf out of your book and start building up a huge cereal bar cupboard... lol! Not sure if I can be trusted with that just yet, but... one day!

xxx

Yeah! Take a picture and post here! xx

You should see my treatsize choc collection! It is terrifying, you could almost drown in the box! It's like of of those ballpits in the indoor playgrounds! ;) Cereal bars vanish quick around me, too tasty by half!

I will CONSIDER posting a picture of all my cereal bars if you ALL promise not to (a) laugh at me or (b) think I'm completely crackers/a bit OCD. If you agree to those conditions then we MAY have a deal..............;)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

P.S. Fairly good day today considering i've been 'munchy' all day.

EE
Breakfast - vanilla mullerlight, raspberries
Snack - more raspberries
Lunch 125g smoked peppered mackerel (1 Syn), rice, lettuce, pepper, tomato
Snack- pear
Snack - 2 chocolate weetabix (2 syns + HexB), 250mls semi skimmed milk (HexA), velvet crunch (4 syns), 2 x Alpen lights (6 syns)
Snack while out at rehearsal - 1 custard cream (3 syns)
Tea (10.30pm) - baked potato, cottage cheese, pepper, lettuce and cucumber, melon (when what I really wanted to eat was CHOCOLATE or biscuits but no syns left :()

Syns - 16

So as you can see lots more snacks than usual and considering what I have wanted to eat, I know I've done pretty well. Wondering if I'm a bit hormonal ?? Ah well, time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone

Post the picture Gail! We might laugh but only because we will all have something like it! ( I have 6 choc options in the cupboard cos they were on offer !!)
X

Yeah post the pic Gail! I will not laugh, I will only be jealous as at the moment as I'm a bit strapped for cash, my cereal bars tin only contains Aldi cereal bars... Rubbish! xxx

Really helps to see that other people have 'hungry' days as well... and how the syn total can help to keep things under control. Brilliant, and reassuring.

xxx

Hi Gail. Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Have skimmed back on my phone so apologies if I've missed something. This mountain of cereal bars sounds very intriguing, are you sure you have a camera lens wide enough for it? :)

Clawing back 6lbs in the next week is a fantastic effort too, well done. Bet you'll have lost the lot and then some by this weekend.

Re the evening syns; well like Dawn said I guess if you're still losing the weight then why change it? However if it is of concern to you I'd do something in baby steps. Maybe cut the syns down by a fraction and try using them earlier in the day. Say 10% less and give it a week or so to settle. Just a thought anyway. I think so long as it still fits round your life and you can be relaxed within the boundaries if the diet. You can't let it completely control and dominate your life in a way that doesn't suit you, else you nay find it unworkable and go off Piste! Let us know what you decide and good luck xxx

Back