Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Don't worry about getting around the diaries Gail, just try and post here so we know you're okay!

How were you afetr the run? not too sore I hope.

Sorry to hear work is still not great for you, I hope it goes as well as possible and that this week goes quick! xx

Wow Gail! 5.5 stones gone and a 10K run - so impressed - well done! x

Thanks everyone.

Still feeling crap. Work no better and am now 'a bit virally' too (sore throat, low grade temp) so haven't eaten that much today (mostly rubbish but probably still within syns - not green/red/EE because I haven't eaten anything like that !!!) - however every cloud and all that !!

Will hopefully be back to post and read over the weekend.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

:hug99: Big hugs to you Gail - I hope work gets less stressful and that you feel better soon. Take care of yourself Xx

Take care hunni xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks everyone.

Still feeling crap. Work no better and am now 'a bit virally' too (sore throat, low grade temp) so haven't eaten that much today (mostly rubbish but probably still within syns - not green/red/EE because I haven't eaten anything like that !!!) - however every cloud and all that !!

Will hopefully be back to post and read over the weekend.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hope you feel better soon Gail. xx

Hope you feel better soon Gail!

Just caught up between travel weeks, so happy for the 10k run and the 5lbs! Wow!!! Hope the illness doesn't take hold, just seems so unfair after all you have achieved lately.

xxx

Hi Gail,

I do hope that you are feeling a bit better. A little bit of what your body needs right now is the way to go. You just need to get better soon.

Big hug x

It seems all my friends on here are feeling pants at the mo. You all need some R&R.

How about organising a girlie weekend in Spain? I'll kick t'other half out and you can all come and get some sun and rest.

Hope you feel better soon. This dieting lark can occasionally be a "reet pain".

Awwwww bless you all. Thanks so much. Your kind words are really appreciated.

Feeling much better thanks. The week is over and next week should (fingers crossed) be better :). Only one week in work before I go on hols :( (too much to do) but hopefully the holiday will be good. Food has been fine this week apart from the one day that I didn't eat much apart from Hex's and syns (which was still fine because it was within limits but probably not the healthiest diet......) !! I am eating all 15 syns pretty much every day at the moment. Which doesn't particularly concern me but it means that if I go over a little, I haven't got anything to balance out. So I might try to have 10 on a few days so that if I go a little over on other days I'm still within 105 for the week. I know this isn't an exact plan but I feel that it's better to try to stick exactly to the plan so that I know my limits.

I have an orchestra play day this weekend which should be good apart from the fact that it means getting up early tomorrow :( !

So, some thoughts:

This week I saw some of my parents friends who I haven't seen since before I started this. Obviously my parents had been bragging about it (!) but they were very complimentary. We were talking about how different I feel and they said that I seemed much calmer. I don't know whether I usually am (maybe ?) but it might have been a bit due to the exhaustion of the last 2 weeks too and feeling a bit flat. Anyway, during the chatting I was saying how much more confident I feel in so many respects and how much of a difference it has made to me and one of them commented that 'your weight doesn't define who you are' but when I think about it, I felt like it did even if it didn't.

Anyway, hopefully I will be here a bit over the weekend and will try to catch up on some diaries.

Gail x

Hi Gail - glad you are feeling better!

Interesting comment from your parents friends about 'your weight not defining who you are'. I agree with you that, to a large extent, it does. It certainly impacts on how we see ourselves and also how we act. I can honestly say that I feel so much better in myself now and that I no longer worry about what people's first impression of me might be...before I was always thinking that they would be remembering me as 'the fat one'... now it would probably be 'the mouthy one'!!!

Have a great weekend. I'm off on my hols on Sunday, so if I don't catch you again before then, have a great holiday yourself and let's hope we haven't done too much damage on the scales on our return! x

Yey! Glad you're back! :)

I'm glad you're feeling better Gail!! It's true that our weight doesn't define us but it does overshadow the true us sometimes I think. Certainly I know I've spent too much time over the past 20 years focussing more on my weight than on any other aspect of my life - to the point where I've worried (and still do sometimes) about what I'd do with myself if I didn't have my weight focus on...I'd have to get a new hobby ;)

Hope you're having a great and restful weekend!!

Strange comment from your parents' friend isn't it!!! I don't think our "weight" necessarily defines us but our appearance and our own perception of our appearance defines the way we behave and feel about ourselves for sure. It's great that you feel happier and more confident. A lot of it must be pride in what you have achieved. Gail, if you can drop 5 stone I reckon you can do anything!!!

Well, I lost another 2lb taking me to 5 stone 9 lbs loss. Wow. Today on the scales it said 11 st 13.8 lbs. I don't care that officially I am still in the 12's. This is new territory for me. Although my official lowest ever adult weight is 11 stone 11 lbs, I don't EVER remember stepping on the scales and seeing 11's. So another Wow !

My NSV today is that I can fit into and wear every single piece of old clothing in my wardrobe. There are a couple of blouses from 10 yrs ago that I have never been able to fit into (they still have labels on them !!). I do however have much flabbier arms than 10 yrs ago so wouldn't wear a couple of items because the sleeves are too short but I really don't care. Covering my upper arms is a small price to pay.

My new work size 12 trousers are still a bit too tight but if I had to wear them out now I could. I don't think others would notice but I would. Today I really felt the difference in that they are less tight and my legs are not straining in them any more. OMG - size 12. Me ? NOOOOOO ! However why do I decide to start trying on clothing at 11.30pm ?????? What's wrong with lunchtime ????!

So, feeling very happy. Food is good. I have been on plan all weekend. Tried my lentil shepherds pie with green lentils - won't be doing that again. Planning to try chinese diet coke chicken soon and also baked bean lasagne that I saw on Shrimpy's thread. Used all my syns today, had about 5 left over yesterday. All is well :)

Next week is my last WI before my hols. Hoping for any kind of loss and then hold tight for the holiday - eeeeek !

Gail x

Back