Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Gail, we've all struggled and got back on the wagon and I have no doubt that you will be fine again very soon. Your day to day plan sounds good and very doable. Just wait 'til next week, all will be well. xx

Gail, well done for the plan of attack, it sounds do-able. Remember one step at a time. For a dripping tap fills a bucket! You can do this, one meal, one choice at a time. :)

We are here to help, and support. I would say good luck, but you don't need that, you know exactly what you are doing and why you are doing it, AND you'll be right back on plan and losing in now time. *huggles*

Thank you so much everyone. I really needed that. I have had a good (green) day so far and still have 1 x HexB, 1 x HexA and all my syns left. I am coming up for my 'dangerous time' - late evening. I have just had a huge meal so hopefully I won't actually have space for too many syns (although I'm quite good at making space for those !!!!). I think I'm going to try just for 15 today and not more. I am feeling much more positive, probably because I've admitted that I was struggling. That's a good thing. Just one good day today will do me and then tomorrow I'll aim for another good day. The thought of having to give my syns away to my neighbour (even temporarily) is motivating, as well as Jules previous threats of force feeding scan bran :p

Dawn - you have nothing to apologise for. Just because I was feeling a bit despondent about SW doesn't mean that I can't support others and share in their good and bad. Actually I quite like doing that when I can :) Must get to bed earlier though !

Thank you Tracy (with or without an 'e' ?), Pinkie (I remember seeing your struggle last week and I was so pleased that it passed so quickly), Clareel, Chelsea and Spanx (for your understanding - it's nice to know that I'm not alone), Little Sausage and Bess (for your support), and Shrimpy for your wise words.

Steve, thanks for your visit to the 'coven' !!!! Lovely to know how you think of us here :rolleyes:

And finally JoT - welcome to my thread :eek: *runs away scared* ;)

I will post again tomorrow (which will be the true indication of how today went). Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't get called out for work tonight :sigh:

Thanks again all.

Gail xxxx

Thanks Minimum and welcome to my thread. There's lots of drivel on here (most of it written by me !) but hopefully some good things too :). I'm hoping to be back to my 'usual' - committed, enthusiastic and motivated self pretty soon.

Gail x

Right Gail well fortunately I've seen that you are doing really well today so coming round with the large case of scan bran I had put together for you won't be necessary!

Seriously I have no doubt that you will be back on track before you know it. I really think having a large meal is a great idea, hope that worked out for you. You've done really well to come on here and share your struggles as we will be keeping our beady little eyes on you.

Good luck! Here's to another 100% day tomorrow! Xxxxx

Exactly my sentiments, Jules.
Gail, you've just had a tiny blip and before you know it you'll be back on track. And it's that first 'new' loss that will kick start all the positivity you felt before. We're all here! X

Evening / morning Gail!!!

I see you got your early night then :rolleyes: (like me lol)

Glad you're sounding more upbeat today hun xx. I think it's even harder to admit to yourself that you're struggling than it is to tell others. But isn't it nice to get it off your chest! You're doing so well, one day at a time xx

Sorry the very not normal JoT has found you lol!!! If you thought Jules was tough, you better brace yourself lol!!! Actually, she's a big ole softy really but don't let her know I said that ...:fear:

I'm going up to bed now but I'll probably play on my mob for a while :rolleyes:

Got my :fingerscrossed: you have a quiet night xx

Lots of love, Dawn xx

Gail, just to cheer you, even with my sloppy efforts I've managed to lose my 6lbs holiday gain, so I know you'll do well. Well done on a good day yesterday, that's all it needs, a few good days, then more good days than not. :) xx

Gail, just to cheer you, even with my sloppy efforts I've managed to lose my 6lbs holiday gain, so I know you'll do well. Well done on a good day yesterday, that's all it needs, a few good days, then more good days than not. :) xx

YAAAAAY. That's fantastic Bess. I'm absolutely delighted for you :D

Thanks Penny for your lovely comment.

Yesterday turned out ok. I had 25 syns which I had set as my upper limit so I was happy enough with that. Today has been good so far (although as for yesterday I will only know that when I go to sleep after my 'dangerous' evening time !). Dinner is in the oven (lentil shepherds pie) and I have 13 syns left and a HexB (ie cereal bar :)) left to go. Today I am aiming for 15 syns (but a maximum of 20) and then hopefully down to 15 (but absolute maximum of 20) for the rest of the week. I think once I have a few good days under my belt I will feel better and back in control. Then I can start enjoying SW again which I really was before I went on holiday.

Had a couple of lovely comments today at work from patients and colleagues who hadn't seen me for a while which is always nice although I feel a bit guilty accepting compliments at the moment when I feel like I'm not doing this properly.

Tonight I am at home (for once - phew !) so hoping to try and get an early night - (ha ! as if I would be that disciplined as Dawn and Shrimpy particularly know :eek:).

Am off to check a few diaries now.

Gail x

The woman with the plan! That's excellent, Gail. And now you can get back to enjoying SW and before you know it that modest holiday gain will have, pow!, gone just like that! X

Pity I'm in school tomorrow, otherwise I would keep you company into the wee hours! You will have to make do with my voice from beyond the duvet reminding you to choose low syns for maximum bang for your buck and to have 2 alpens for that B choice... so you get as much as possible! You gotta make sure you feel too stuffed to go over by much, you can do this! I know you can. *smoochies*

Shrimpy said:
Pity I'm in school tomorrow, otherwise I would keep you company into the wee hours! You will have to make do with my voice from beyond the duvet reminding you to choose low syns for maximum bang for your buck and to have 2 alpens for that B choice... so you get as much as possible! You gotta make sure you feel too stuffed to go over by much, you can do this! I know you can. *smoochies*

This is the awesomest advice :)

Hiya Gail xx

Don't you DARE feel guilty cos you've had a dodgy few days & people are noticing your TRIFFIC weight loss :nono: You deserve EVERY blooming compliment you get hunni because you've earned them through lots of hard work :character00115:

Glad the "plan" is working well for you and that you're feeling more in control. I dare say I might be talked into staying up on my moby for a while...I mean I'm NORMALLY all tucked up in bed with a good book by 8 o'clock but seeing as its you.....;)

Lots of love xx

I dare say I might be talked into staying up on my moby for a while...I mean I'm NORMALLY all tucked up in bed with a good book by 8 o'clock but seeing as its you.....;)

Ha ha ha ! You are on form tonight Dawn :D. I have laughed out loud on more than one occasion at your posts this evening. (and we have been simultaneously posting on each others threads at times :cool:)

I would have been in bed (honest guv !) but I'm waiting for my shepherds pie to cool down before putting it in the freezer ! Have now (sensibly) divided it into bits to help it cool rather than leaving it in the big dish (until 11.20pm - oops) to cool rather more slowly................................

Not having my syns and HexB until I am definitely on my way to bed. No point in making the temptations worse. Oh my gosh, I feel a degree of control there - YAAAAAAY :D

Gail x

*Ahem* It's me...

Please confirm in writing why on earth you are having a down time/day lately? You have lost nearly 5 stone!!! What the hell is there to feel down about?

A quick fact for you... An average weight for a newborn baby is 7lbs 2 oz so in fact you have lost in total nearly the weight of 10 babies!! Now if that doesn't make you think nothing will ;)

Now write 100 lines saying...

I will be proud of my weight loss achievements

;) x x

Thanks Mini mum, Dawn and Spanx,

Minimum - I have been feeling a bit down recently because I gained a lot (11 lbs over 3.5 weeks) and was out of control with my eating since getting back from hols. I know it was only a few days and I wasn't seriously worried that I wouldn't get back on plan again (unlike the 'early days' when I worried that any little thing would 'knock me off my perch') but I was genuinely out of control. I ate somewhere between (probably because obviously not counted :ashamed0005:) 50-80 syns per day most days last week :eek: and that is very unlike me.

For me this is all about control - I feel totally fantastic but I also know that deep down I am and always will be a pig. I have huge 'fat potential' ! So, I have to be on the plan otherwise I will simply put back on all the weight I lost and a bit more. I DO NOT want to go back to that so I have no option but to carry on. I was finding it hard to get back on track which then raises the anxiety that gradually I will slip back to where I came from. Hence the mini-despondency ! But, I think I am now back on track. Clearly I need a few good days under my belt but I have had 2 so far and am feeling good about being back on track. So fingers crossed.

Sorry for the long post. You probably just wanted me to say - 'yes, you're right' and leave it at that :cool:. Apologies but brevity has NEVER been one of my strengths........................!!! :rolleyes:

Gail x

Back