Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

P.S. I STS today which is fine because I was a pig yesterday evening at my meal out (after I had a big meal in the afternoon - if I hadn't been out I probably wouldn't have had another meal at all because I was full but because I was out, I troughed !!). I had a good week before that and had lost a little so it will come off this week. I'm happy :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Gail, I love reading your diary. :) I know exactly what you mean about troughing just cause! :) I do it at home as well, but only if something is yum!!

Thanks - I'm glad I'm not alone. Food yesterday evening was yum (Chinese banquet :eek:) but really no need for it after such a big, late lunch - oops !!!

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the reference!

And I'm glad you had a good time with Dawn and Jules.
I hope you've sent Dawn back in one piece. I'll be checking up, you know!

Thanks for the reference also. May I have it in writing please to show to my teacher?
Thanks - I'm glad I'm not alone. Food yesterday evening was yum (Chinese banquet :eek:) but really no need for it after such a big, late lunch - oops !!!
I troughed out to night on a Chinese too! I love Chinese food. So my WI tomorrow should be okay I hope but probably not great - and I so wanted to get to my next target. :cry:

I am on a high. Concert went really well despite a disastrous rehearsal on Wednesday. Saw quite a few people today that I haven't seen for a year and almost all of them made lovely comments which is nice.

Today has been a bit odd in terms of food. I had no breakfast because I wasn't feeling very well this morning (which passed soon). Lunch was a bag of 5 freshly cooked doughnuts from a stand at an event that I was at and a caramel egg - oops. Then no time to eat tonight and I wasn't really hungry so that's been it today !! Not the healthiest of diets but I have been 'in control' (although it might not look that way to others !!) so actually not worried about it.

Hoping for a good week this week. Only a couple of things that might be tricky so I am aiming for a good loss this week. I would like to get back to my lowest for my 1 year anniversary on SW. That's 6.5 lbs in about 5-6 weeks so should be achievable. I had hoped to get to 6 stone but I think that may be a bit too challenging so I'll stick to this target.

Hoping my life in general (including work) will get a bit calmer but that may be a bit optimistic too !!! I'm still trying to keep up with diaries though where possible so bear with me :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Great about the concert Gail, is that the one that your parents were coming to?

Work/life balance...that's always a difficult one. You've done so well in just a year, you really are amazing! :)

Glad it all went well! :D

Fingers crossed things stay calm. :)

Hey Gail - it's so nice to hear you sounding so positive and bubbly! I'm glad your concert went well and that you got lots of nice comments. But some doughnuts and a creme egg all day???? I'd have passed out with hunger!

You and Pomette are making me want Chinese now too! Fortunately I'm too poor to afford one! :)

Have a lovely week!

x

gl12282 said:
A post just to tell myself how far I've come on this journey.

1. I feel fantastic. I know I have a way to go and I find it very strange when people say 'you can't have much left to lose now'. I think I would like to lose at least another 2 stone but I don't really care how long it takes me now. 2 stone doesn't even feel too daunting even though it will take me months (unlike the first few).

2. I can't believe how much I have changed. I feel so much more confident and I feel calmer. I wasn't unhappy before, but I can admit now just how much my weight affected me. I thought about it when I walked into a room/meeting at work, when I saw my family, when I met new people etc etc. Not always consciously but subconsciously I wanted to hide in the background. Other people never knew that but I did. I don't feel like that any more. Actually that makes me quite sad to think back how much it did affect me.

3. I never ever want to go back there. Sometimes I feel a bit 'fed up' of SW and just want to be able to eat loads of biscuits or whatever else I want to have at the time or to be able to stop in at MacDonalds or whatever other junk food place I'm passing but more so, I never want to go back to that place. So I have accepted (at the moment !) that I'm in this for life unless I give up how I feel. So I'm making my choice.

4. I do worry that this is such a public journey. I can't deny what I've done because I think it's too obvious (and probably shouldn't anyway) but it worries me a bit that if I ever put weight on it's so obvious and I will go back to feeling even more ashamed than I was before I started. I know that's a bit stupid but there we go.

Anyway, that's probably enough for now otherwise I'll just get upset reading this !! I'm going to be very happy tomorrow (seeing Jules and Dawn) and will let you all know how it goes :)

Gail x

I love this post, Gail. Inspirational words that will resonate with everyone here. They certainly do with me. Xx

Evening Gail,

Wow! Really pleased about the concert! Gwyn and I knew you'd be absolutely brilliant, despite all your worries!

Infact we were talking about you and Jules tonite, and Gwyn said how welcome you both made him feel, and how you both included him in the conversation. He also thought you were a very talented and clever lady, and that Jules had a maturity beyond her years. I did agree with him BTW lol!

Loving the doughnuts...!

Take care, please TRY not to work too hard xx

Steve - for the detail, check out Dawns thread !

However the highlights were:

1. I managed to set off the smoke alarm twice. Once by burning the cheese on the fish pie and secondly by setting off the indoor firework about 20cm below the paper lampshade ! Ooops :eek:

2. Getting Dawn to feel my bra strap - Gwyn didn't know where to look ;)

3. Tiramisu for pudding (made by Jules) - yum

4. Great company for the afternoon. Not a pause in sight (well, I'm not known for being brief with words !)

This week is still going well. I feel back on track. Should be on for a good loss at the end of this week. Still ridiculously busy in general. Unfortunately my cleaner didn't come today so no ironing done. Am trying to figure out whether it would be better for me to get the iron out myself (eek) or just wear clothes in my wardrobe that are too big for me ??!

Ah well. I had better go and sort 'stuff' out at home. Hope you are all well.

Gail x

Just don't iron? I don't... I wash and punch and air dry. :)

I'm just about to adjust my height - I had hoped that I was 5 ' 5". I used to be 5' 4" and I liked to think that I had continued to grow. However I got measured at work and sadly I didn't !!! I am 163.something cm which worked out at 5 ' 4 " and a quarter. I have therefore reset my height at 5' 4" so don't worry, I haven't shrunk !!!

Gail x

Ha ha! That cracked me up! Talking of shrinking, I've shrunk about 2" in the last 15 years (gosh, that makes me feel old!). X

Oh wow thanks Dawn and Gwyn what a nice thing to say! I thought you two were really lovely, friendly and kind. Really had fun with you guys! And so sweet :) hybrid way my flowers are still looking lovely on my dining table!

Gail glad you're still feeling good abd things are going well! Forgot to ask how your parents enjoyed the concert?

Lol, also I forgot to tell you those nice children on your road spoke to me as I left yours... "is it your birthday?" hehe! Cute xxxxx

Ha ha. The kids are great aren't they (but nosey !!!).

My parents loved the concert - my Mum cried and spoke to just about everyone that they could. My Mum sat in the front row wearing light coloured 3/4 length cream trousers with dark green ankle socks and trainers !! It was funny. (you may be able to see where my fashion sense comes from now............). I was really proud though because I had told them that we might be a bit rubbish (because the rehearsal on Wednesday was so appalling !) but it wasn't so it was lovely :)

Gail x

I just read your points on how great you are feeling and how far you have come and WOW very inspiring indeed... You have come such a long way and you must be so proud of yourself.

I will be going to read Dawns diary in a minute and catch up on all the gossip from your meeting... Sounds like you had a great time x x

Back