Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Glad the concert went well, gives a really good feeling doesn't it? Brilliant that you feel back on SW track now too. :D x

gl12282 said:
2. Getting Dawn to feel my bra strap - Gwyn didn't know where to look ;)

Gail x

Lol! He's a retired biology teacher...I think he knew EXACTLY where to look!!! ;)

This is great news about your good week Gail! You sound so much happier :) I'm really pleased with myself for sticking to it since we met up. I'm sure its because you and Jules had gone to so much trouble to cook lovely sw food, I would've felt so guilty if I'd gone off plan after eating it!

Have a super day tomorrow xxx

Thanks Michelle. I do feel very proud :)

Dawn - I never even thought to ask whether you were back on track after your hols, I just knew you would be :D

Bess - what did you used to play in orchestra ? And do you still play ? (sorry, I can't remember if you said before)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Bess - what did you used to play in orchestra ? And do you still play ? (sorry, I can't remember if you said before)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Violin and timpani, but not at the same time :rolleyes: :D and Percussion of all kinds in other bands. I don't play any more, not in public anyway! Sometimes one of my daughters and I play violin duets together still, but I am very, very rusty!

Hi Bess,

I'm not rusty on the violin, I'm just rubbish !!! I'd love to try percussion at music summer school but I always worry that I'd be missing out on something better on another instrument - I'd prefer to play the flute but not if there are 15 of them (which there probably will be) in which case I'll play the violin but that involves quite a lot of 'air bowing' (ie I can't play lots of it, especially anything that's not in D major !!!) so percussion would be good. I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to leave the main body of the orchestra :)

Anyway, must go to bed. Another good day :). Should be on for a good loss this weekend - Yay.

Gail x

Glad to hear you're having a good week Gail. Me too - let's hope we get rewarded for it on Sunday! x

Hi Gail xx

Just stopping by to make sure all is well :wavey: It's great that you're safely back to normal now...and even looking forward to wi xx.

I used to play the piano and violin at school...not for long though cos I was rubbish! :8855:

I was quite good on the recorder and treble though! :rolleyes:

Gail - also just stopping by to say hi. It's good to hear you sounding so much happier than last week.

Violin . . .but I am very, very rusty!

I'm not rusty on the violin, I'm just rubbish !!!

I used to play the piano and violin at school...not for long though cos I was rubbish! :8855:

I was quite good on the recorder and treble though! :rolleyes:

We've got quite a little orchestra starting to form here. I play viola - long long time ago I was ok but now also very rusty, and gave my viola away when I came to Spain. But I do still have my tenor recorder - might even have a descant too somewhere.

So we need a cellist from somewhere to do some string quartets, or a piano quartet. Or a bass recorder to do some wind quartets.

Could be good fun !!!!

Pommette said:
Gail - also just stopping by to say hi. It's good to hear you sounding so much happier than last week.

We've got quite a little orchestra starting to form here. I play viola - long long time ago I was ok but now also very rusty, and gave my viola away when I came to Spain. But I do still have my tenor recorder - might even have a descant too somewhere.

So we need a cellist from somewhere to do some string quartets, or a piano quartet. Or a bass recorder to do some wind quartets.

Could be good fun !!!!

Ooh I always wanted to learn cello. I've still got my violin (a beautiful German one, it was my Grandads, who died before I was born). Never play it though. Used to play piano when younger.

Semi interesting fact about me, my family back a century or so when still in Germany, used to own a little music business, made pianos. One if theirs is referenced in Sense and Sensibility (I think). My son unfortunately shows no musical leaning whatsoever. I'd love to get a little piano at home, but I just don't have the room. *sigh* Now I just screech along to songs. :)

Morning Gail xx

Fingers crossed for a quieter day at work, and a good sw day xx

I'll play the violin but that involves quite a lot of 'air bowing' (ie I can't play lots of it, especially anything that's not in D major !!!) so percussion would be good. I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to leave the main body of the orchestra :)

Anyway, must go to bed. Another good day :). Should be on for a good loss this weekend - Yay.

Gail x

'Air bowing!' :D I used to turn my bow upside down in the difficult bits! I'd forgotten that until you mentioned this!

Great about the weight losses, so pleased you're chuffed!

Could be good fun !!!!

Sounds great! Hope you do it!

Ooh I always wanted to learn cello. I've still got my violin (a beautiful German one, it was my Grandads, who died before I was born). Never play it though. Used to play piano when younger.

Semi interesting fact about me, my family back a century or so when still in Germany, used to own a little music business, made pianos. One if theirs is referenced in Sense and Sensibility (I think). My son unfortunately shows no musical leaning whatsoever. I'd love to get a little piano at home, but I just don't have the room. *sigh* Now I just screech along to songs. :)

This is interesting Pinkie.
I know what you mean abut the piano, we've managed to squeeze one in, but it is a huge thing. It's a lovely piano which we were given, but when it arrived the very dark mahogany was splattered with paint. So....I painted it pink, elastoplast pink, and rubbed the raised bits with gold - very Elton John! After a few years we moved it to another room and now it is grey, the same shade as the walls, makes it 'disappear' though!

I used to play piano, but my teacher always said I was a lazy pianist and so better suited to playing keyboards, where the left hand only plays in blocks!! Once she told me that I kinda gave up on piano altogether and played keyboards all through school!!

Would love to have a big enough house to one day have a piano and re-learn it tho, I used to love playing songs off the radio etc, used to be quite good at playing by ear... that said, it's been over 10 years since I even looked near my keyboard which is sitting in my parents loft!!

Hi Gail, glad to hear things are going well for you this week.
Also well done with the concert, it's lovely when family come to see you and everything goes as planned!
Best of luck for WI at the weekend, not that you need it :D

Thank you everyone. I love the support that I get from here. It makes such a difference.

Re: the piano talk, I love my piano even though I don't play it that much. My 'dream house' (and the contents) has space for a grand piano - I just love that idea :). Sadly I don't think I won the lottery tonight as I haven't had an email. However if I have, I'll let you know which piano (and house !) I choose ;)

I had some really lovely comments (via other people) at work today. One was from someone that I don't even know (via someone else) - said to them 'do we have a new person at work ?' 'she looks similar to someone we used to have working here' - apparently she was really shocked when she was told it was still me. And then someone else was talking to a client and was asking who was involved with them. They couldn't remember so she asked what they looked like and they said 'slim, dark hair' - eeeek, it was me !!! Now, I'm really not slim which is fine but the fact that I'm not fat is just fantastic. Wow.

In general I had a 'slim' day. My trousers feel much looser and although I still think I'm another half a stone or so off the size below, I am definitely getting there. I am looking forward to WI on Sunday because I effectively have last week's loss plus this weeks (because I was out for dinner last week which negated the fairly good week that I'd had). Might even get my 5.5 stone shiny back although it's likely to be close. Either way it's fine. So I'm still a happy bunny :D

And also, feeling really touched by Bev's lovely comment about me on another thread. Thanks Bev.

Gail x

P.S. And a lie in tomorrow - YAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Yay! What lovely NSVs! :)

And a lie in!!! :D

Hi Gail!!!

Love it! Love it! Love it! Xxx :):):)

How fab it is to see you so happy, in control, and getting the compliments you so deserve xx I wonder if you even realise how well you are thought of, and how loved and admired you are xx

And of course you're slim now you silly thing! ;) You just can't see it yourself yet! I have a similar problem...I still think of myself as nearly 16st and can't quite get my head round the fact that actually I'm not lol!

Back