Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Belated happy birthday to you! Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam! Xx

Hi Gail,

Ooh you're going to have such a lovely birthday weekend hunni! You enjoy being made a fuss of...and worry about the weight thing afterwards. And wasn't it you told me birthday cake was syn free...;)

How was take that?xxx

Woah - it's like fast forward here !!! Birthday is tomorrow. Take That is Monday night :D

I think I need a totally relaxing weekend in Amsterdam (if you know what I mean ;)). I've had a crap week.

Still trying to decide whether to weigh in early tomorrow (I will gain) and then hope that the week after is ok (and it might help me control a bit while I'm away ?) and I can hope to STS or even lose next week (I'll have a week to repair the Amsterdam damage) or just WI on my return on Wed am and get the damage all over and done with on one WI. Any thoughts ?

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi hunni xx

Difficult one...I'm the last person to offer advice cos I weight 10 times a day! I just can't help myself... every time I go in the en suite I get on the scales...obsessive I suppose! So I honestly don't know what to do hun xx.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine either way xxx

I think I'd leave WI till Wednesday and get all the pain out of the way in one go!

Either way, enjoy yourself in Amsterdam and have a great birthday chica.

:birthday: to my lovely friend Gail!!!!!!!

Have a really fabulous weekend! :party0019:

Enjoy all the syn free birthday cake :candle1: which is bound to come your way :eating:

We'll be thinking of you Monday evening, bopping away to the boys :party0023:

Lots of love, Dawn xxx :hug99:

P.S. Gwyn sends his love too xxx :flowers:

Last edited:
Hi gail,

Sorry I've not been about! Firstly, happy birthday! You've got so much ace stuff lined up! It'll be great!

As for WI, I think wait til wednesday - everything will be out the way then, and it'll reduce the number of "bad" weigh ins. Which will demotivate you less.

Also, while I'm here, I had my first ever introduction to slatterys in whitefield yesterday. Have you ever been?
Xx

Happy Birthday Gail! :D x

Happy Birthday Gail!!! Hope you have a fantastic weekend in Amsterdam and a great time at Take That!
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

P.S. Don't worry about weighing in - It's your birthday, it only happens once a year!

Becky x

Aw Gail, I was so sorry to read in the paper that the Take That concert was cancelled, I hope you enjoyed your weekend all the same. xx

Bess said:
Aw Gail, I was so sorry to read in the paper that the Take That concert was cancelled, I hope you enjoyed your weekend all the same. xx

Hi Bess,

Had a text from Gail earlier to say the concert was going ahead as Robbie was better! It was just the Copenhagen gig that was cancelled cos he was ill :)
So fingers crossed that Gails having a wonderful night! Xx

Actually I'd have been quite happy to have the concert without Robbie. I thought his bit was awful! But some other people from work wanted more Robbie & less Gary!

Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?

JimofTroy said:
Actually I'd have been quite happy to have the concert without Robbie. I thought his bit was awful! But some other people from work wanted more Robbie & less Gary!

Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?

And wouldn't life be interesting if there were more Jims in the world...! ;)

OMG. It was AMAZING !! I thought Robbie was fantastic even though he wasn't well. I would have absolutely no issues with seeing them without Robbie but in my opinion he added to the atmosphere.

Food on Saturday night was absolutely delicious. A one star restaurant just outside of Amsterdam. Wine absolutely gorgeous too. Rest of the weekend was great. Food not brilliant but not disastrous either.

I decided to WI on Saturday in the hope of keeping me focused this week to try to avoid another gain ! Gained 3lb so aiming this week for STS at worst, but ideally a loss. Will try and catch up later but good to be back :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

JimofTroy said:
This world ain't big enough for more than one of me!

Totally agree..............:D

Sent from my iPhone

Woop! So glad the concert went ahead and that you had a great weekend. My newspaper reporters are clearly a bunch of lying hounds and I don't think they are even Murdoch related.......:)

Gald you enjoyed the show Gail - being a die hard TT fan, I wasn't sure about Robbie coming back, and TBH I'm still not sure. I'm not convinced he really is a team player and isn't back in it just for his own gain. Time will tell I spose. Glad you got to see all 5 of them though :) xx

Back