Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi there Gail,

Just you keep looking at those lovely shinys all over you signature hun!!!

Up or down...it doesn't matter that much when you've lost as much weight as you have!! What matters is that you're keeping tabs on it and not letting it get out of control! Blips happen, work gets in the way. Never forget how far you've come Gail...you're brilliant! :hug99:

Yup, she is!

I've no idea what's going on cos I'm still at the front part of your diary and I clicked on the back page by mistake.

I just want to say that you have done and are doing brilliantly. Not only have you lost a massive amount of weight but you are living your life at the same time.

That's what we all need to do because SW is for life. If we stop everything and just do SW what happens when we reach target. We start living again and put all the weight back on.

You're the proof that this plan works whilst leading a normal life.

I hope I'm not talking about something totally irrelevant but I won't know til I get to this page in the diary. I'll probably look a total prat :)

Nope, makes sense to me Tilly. :)

tillymax said:
I've no idea what's going on cos I'm still at the front part of your diary and I clicked on the back page by mistake.

I just want to say that you have done and are doing brilliantly. Not only have you lost a massive amount of weight but you are living your life at the same time.

That's what we all need to do because SW is for life. If we stop everything and just do SW what happens when we reach target. We start living again and put all the weight back on.

You're the proof that this plan works whilst leading a normal life.

I hope I'm not talking about something totally irrelevant but I won't know til I get to this page in the diary. I'll probably look a total prat :)

It makes perfect sense and it's totally my approach! I'm 21 months into it, so a bit of a tortoise, but I really have had a life and really do feel that I can carry on doing this long term! I'm sure being and staying at T will have its challenges but we'll deal with those when we need to!

Well said Dawn.
Now there Stevie baby - I'll have you know that some of the women drivers on here have won rallies so just be careful or else I'll get on a plane, drive to the NE and take you out on some of my old rally circuits. Then you may need some brown trousers !!!
Anytime!

Kielder Rally - piece of cake. As for brown trousers. Haway man woman, boxers all the way;)

PS re: this challenge I mentioned.

Leave me out of it!

Look at the trouble I got myself into with Little Sausage and theatre shenanigans :cool:

I was thinking about pitting YOU lot against each other. All friendly and above board like.

The winner can have a signed photo of me...... the wooden spoon can have two signed photos lol.

I reckon you all could push each other on with me as Mr Motivator in a strictly advisary capacity.

Anytime!

Kielder Rally - piece of cake. As for brown trousers. Haway man woman, boxers all the way;)

PS re: this challenge I mentioned.

Leave me out of it!

Look at the trouble I got myself into with Little Sausage and theatre shenanigans :cool:

I was thinking about pitting YOU lot against each other. All friendly and above board like.

The winner can have a signed photo of me...... the wooden spoon can have two signed photos lol.

I reckon you all could push each other on with me as Mr Motivator in a strictly advisary capacity.
Oh Stevie baby - never driven the Kielder forest - would love to though, but a bit too long in the tooth now to try!

As for challenges - Funcurls and I have already started one, albeit of a more "normal" nature, to get to targey by mid-October. Me an' my tortoise will get there eventually!

Thanks Steve - you get me all excited (over a challenge - you people with the dirty minds !!) then no challenge appearing :(

Off work tomorrow - yay. But v early train to London in morning - boo. Mornings are NOT my strong point. I have prepared lunch HOWEVER there may be a cinnamon bun with my name on it............. (moi, obsessed - NOOOOO ;))

Hopefully will have time to catch up on some diaries over the weekend :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Maximus said:
Anytime!

Hmmm...yet again the boxers are mentioned....

And yet again we still have no photographic proof...

gl12282 said:
Thanks Steve - you get me all excited (over a challenge - you people with the dirty minds !!) then no challenge appearing :(

Off work tomorrow - yay. But v early train to London in morning - boo. Mornings are NOT my strong point. I have prepared lunch HOWEVER there may be a cinnamon bun with my name on it............. (moi, obsessed - NOOOOO ;))

Hopefully will have time to catch up on some diaries over the weekend :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Evening Gail,

Ooh no work tomorrow...lovely!

In the interests of research, I think you should sample the cinnamon bun just to see if its as good as the ones in Florida. However, to be on the safe side, its probably necessary to test a second one just in case the first one is a dud!

Have a great day! Xx

In the interests of research, I think you should sample the cinnamon bun just to see if its as good as the ones in Florida. However, to be on the safe side, its probably necessary to test a second one just in case the first one is a dud!

Have a great day! Xx

And there was me going to say avoid those cinnamon buns like the plague! You know what they did to you in Florida!

Have a great weekend chica.

Hmmm...stevie babe...

Methinks you speak with forked tongue...;)

Last edited:
Hi Gail, Hope you have a good weekend - enjoy the cinnamon bun! x

Colour me jealous! Cinnabuns!

Gail - you take no notice of them!!

Bin the Cin(ammon)

They're trying to sabotage you and reduce your chances in the SOTY awards;)

Steve

*drool* fortunately the cinnabons are all gone now. NO regrets at all. And my obsession is now much less obsessive now (!) and I can move on :)

So, had a reasonable weekend (other than the cinnabons !!). This week was a gain of 2.5 lbs but actually I weighed in last week on Saturday at 12.4 but was actually 12.8 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so Sunday WI (after vast quantities of cinnabons) of 12st 6.5 was actually a great result. Lesson - should have weighed in on Monday, taken the hit from last weekend and moved on. So you live and learn.

So, I am determined that is my last gain for a while. I have been static for 6 weeks after my hols so time to move on. I think I am going to set some targets to help keep me focused (I don't usually do that because I don't like 'failing' but I think I need the challenge - thanks Steve :)). Watch this space.........

Sorry for not being around much. I'm checking various threads when I can but I am aware that I'm a bit absent :(

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

*drool* fortunately the cinnabons are all gone now. NO regrets at all. And my obsession is now much less obsessive now (!) and I can move on :)

So, had a reasonable weekend (other than the cinnabons !!). This week was a gain of 2.5 lbs but actually I weighed in last week on Saturday at 12.4 but was actually 12.8 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so Sunday WI (after vast quantities of cinnabons) of 12st 6.5 was actually a great result. Lesson - should have weighed in on Monday, taken the hit from last weekend and moved on. So you live and learn.

So, I am determined that is my last gain for a while. I have been static for 6 weeks after my hols so time to move on. I think I am going to set some targets to help keep me focused (I don't usually do that because I don't like 'failing' but I think I need the challenge - thanks Steve :)). Watch this space.........

Sorry for not being around much. I'm checking various threads when I can but I am aware that I'm a bit absent :(

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

So long as you enjoyed the cinnabons!!!

I've missed you on the Sunday thread, Gail - I'm rubbish at finding other threads, but we do miss you loads.....:D

So actually a loss if you take your Monday weight? Not bad after cinnabons.

I'm a bit like you in that I don't much like challenges either. But I'm doing one at the moment to try and shift the last 7 lbs. I was soooooo being lazy and it has given me the focus I need to just get on with it!

Don't worry about being around too much, we know you are busy at work, but do keep us updated on how you are doing. As Hony said, we do miss you!!

Hi Gail, I'm glad you enjoyed the cinnamon buns! They sounds heavenly, I've just eaten a piece of millionaires shortbread and it was divine! We still need treats sometimes :)

Sounds like it might be a good idea to have a few mini targets. You won't fail at them so long as they are reasonable which I'm sure they will be. Best of luck for this week and look forward to seeing the scales going down again!

Becky x

Good luck with the mini targets Gail. I am reading, just not having much to say that the others aren't saying!

Back