Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

'Holiday' ! Am on a music course so I'm very excited. Last year I started SW within a few days of getting back from the course. So the people there haven't seen me since the very biggest that I was. Hoping that they'll notice (or at least some of them !!).

So, this week I lost 2 lb. YAAAAAAY. First proper loss for a few weeks. A deserved loss because I have been pretty good this week :)

Next week's WI is my 1 year anniversary of being on SW so that's a very good incentive to stay on track this week. My suitcase is loaded with Alpen lights (I'm hoping not to use them because I'm sure that there's plenty of other stuff to eat BUT at least I've got something to snack on if I get desperate) and I have a SW buddy.

Anyway, expect a long, rambling, emotional post next week (as is my way ;)) for my anniversary as I look back on the last year. See you then folks :D

Gail x

Blimmin heck Gail - if they don't notice you've lost 5 stone they must be blind!!! i'm sure people won't even realise you are the same person!!

Have a fab week, and looking forward to your anniversary post :) xx

Yay! Well done Gail! I KNEW you were gonna lose well today from our chat yesterday!!! Brilliant! Xx

You're so going to wow them all there today! How exciting...they're going to be absolutely blown away by how gorgeous you look! And you enjoy the attention and accolade hun...its through all your hard work that you've come this far! Hmmm...now where have I heard that before...? ;)

Have fun and chat soon xxx

Well done on the 2lb off Gail that's fantastic! Have a great week away and enjoy all the compliments which I'm sure you will be getting :D

I'm also looking forward to the anniversary post, see you when you get back x

Gail - well done lass! You have my official permission to stick your violin bow in anyone's eye that doesn't notice.

Well done on the loss!!

Have a fab time away and if they don't notice, I suggest making it very clear! ;) Dropping phrases like "no dessert for me, I've just managed to lose 5st" ;)

Hope you enjoyed your music week and that back to work isn't too stressful.

How are you chica?

Last edited:
Hope you had a good week away and well done on the 2lbs loss last week! I bet lots of people noticed a difference between this and last year! :)

AAAAARGH. Just wrote the longest rambling post ever and then the computer swallowed it.....................

I HATE COMPUTERS............................................

Oh noooo! :(

Welcome home hunni! Xx

WARNING. (2nd time lucky). LONG RAMBLING POST.

Had a great week. Had loads of lovely comments including one person who came back 3 times to say how good I looked and how he couldn't believe it. I felt fabulous. Foodwise, week almost went to plan. I had pudding every night (the plan - I'm not good at refusing pudding !) and was sensible with everything else until Thursday. Then went downhill from there involving lots of chocolate, a few biscuits (which I had hoped to avoid) amongst other things. Week finished with a 2 lb gain, most of which will hopefully be off by tomorrow so I think that's not too bad. Only downside was coming home to find that the power had gone on Tuesday so the freezer had defrosted and fridge been off. Grrrrr. So trying to have a cooking 'fest' this week to restock.

So, my SW anniversary post. How do I feel ? I feel fantastic. I have finished my first year on SW with a total loss of 5 stone 2.5lb. Start size 24-26, currently 14-16. I have had several holidays in that time and eaten a total of 16 michelin stars !!!! I can't believe that I have actually managed this. Despite a (net) maintain for the last 2 months I am ready to start losing again and feeling more positive about SW than I have for a long time. I have decided that by the time of the next holiday in November I want to have lost the rest of the holiday gain (from June) plus at least another half a stone. I may revise my target downwards nearer the time but that's my start point. I would like to lose 3 lb this week (ie the gain of 2 lb plus at least another 1).

What has changed:

I don't worry about sitting next to others on trains/planes/theatre seats and having to be uncomfortable holding my arms in

I don't take my own towel to hotels etc because theirs will fit round me

I can shop in 'normal' shops for clothes/shoes

I have so much more confidence in so many ways that you just can't always put into words

I am so proud of myself.

And probably so many more things that will come to me after I press send.

Minimins has helped me INCREDIBLY so - people here have kept me going when things were difficult, looked out for me and the people that have inspired me have moved me from just thinking that I'd lose a bit to be a bit happier and healthier to thinking that one day I might not be overweight. BMI is definitely NOT everything but I would love to be considered not overweight for the first time in my life. My year has taught me that I will never be 'normal' - I will always have some hang ups about my body and probably will always feel overweight (not all the time but some of the time at least) and I will always want to overeat (my time so far on SW has taught me this), however SW has given me the tools to control this. I don't intend to ever come off SW but as it doesn't feel like a diet to me, that's ok with me.

So, I am looking forward to this weeks loss and the start of year 2 on SW. Hopefully the last 'losing year' and after that maintaining but I actually don't care whether it isn't. I was lucky that my weight came off pretty quickly early on but if I become a tortoise from now on, I'm in good company (Bess, Bev amongst others).

With grateful thanks to all my friends here on Minimins,

Gail xxxxx

Love the new signature Dawn :D

Gail x

Evening/morning Gail x

Firstly...I missed youuuuu! :)

Secondly...hooray for you!!! Hunni we all KNEW that you would have some wonderful comments while you were away! It was just you who doubted it!

You look fab!

You ARE fab!

And I love your post. You put things so well, and with such honesty. I'm glad you're proud of yourself because you blooming well should be, and I'm so proud of you too xx

Good to have you back with us xx And thanks for noticing the new addition to my sig!

Love the post Gail, I'm glad you had a good time and am not surprised you got lots of compliments! You have done so well and I know you will get to target now with your positive attitude :)

2lb gain is great for a week away with chocolate and biscuits - you know it will be off even quicker than it went on!

Thank you for the inspiration, it really keeps me going!

XX

Welcome back Gail - I take it the violin bow was not necessary for eye poking then? We all knew they would notice.

Your anniversary post is just brilliant - it is so good to see you so positive - and nice that you have everything in persective.

Do not follow this tortoise at the mo - she's currently reversing back up the uphill! Bl**dy birthdays!

We all knew they would notice! ;)

It's lovely to read your posts at the moment. They are very inspirational and I can literally feel your optimism while reading them.

Back