Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi Gail - glad you enjoyed the buns! I would love to try them but don't trust myself one bit! so will stay away.

Good luck for your 2lb off this week - defo still doable. :)

x

Hi Gail,

Hope you're having a good week hunni xx

Maximus said:
Anyway, back to business.

2lb is gettable, Gail (Gettable Gail - I like that. Not as much as Dirty Dawn, or Lewd Lou, but I like it;))

Steve (Cliché man):)

PMSL!

Totally get the other 2 stevie babe but not sure where you get Dirty Dawn from tho...;)

Well, it was either that or Loopy:eek: - lewd being much more accurate....
My mum used to call me Loopy Lou :D but your name for me is just as accurate Steve hahahaha

Er, just leave the illiteration to the meister here. I make those life-changing decisions.

Now know your place or there'll be mischief you hear me Brazen Bess;)

:8855:

I think you can all choose one for Gail and then I'll judge* the winner.

I'm a great believer in democracy.

* I use the word judge lightly. I will look at them all and choose my own:p
Gaffer Gail ;):D or Garrulous Gail :D are my offerings!!

PMSL!

Totally get the other 2 stevie babe but not sure where you get Dirty Dawn from tho...;)

Quite right too - i do apologise. Ladies and gentleman, re-introducing, 10st 11.5lb worth of..............................................................

Deviant Dawn!:)

Garrulous works, but then again such a sociable creature deserves something a little more apt like gregarious Gail. However as she's one of the few ladies I look up to (or at least admit to looking up to;)) I hereby give to you, the one, the only, yours and mine.....

GURU GAIL

Steve:p

Hee hee. Hilarious posts thanks :D

Hi Gail - glad you enjoyed the buns! I would love to try them but don't trust myself one bit! so will stay away.

Good luck for your 2lb off this week - defo still doable. :)

x

I totally agree Becky. I love them but there is a little part of me that wishes I'd never tried them (I have my sister to blame for that - I'd have never thought of it !). However I have and they're here to stay :)

Sorry Gail - didn't mean to hijack your thread;)

Now bagels & cream chese is a different matter....;)

Anyway, back to business.

2lb is gettable, Gail (Gettable Gail - I like that. Not as much as Dirty Dawn, or Lewd Lou, but I like it;))

Anyway, even if it isn't this week, there's always next week.

Steve (Cliché man):)

Not hijacked at all - no need to apologise (for once !!)

Oh yum, bagels and cream cheese........:)

I think Gail Force was best, or Gorgeous Gail.......from Batty Bess. :rolleyes:

Well, it was either that or Loopy:eek: - lewd being much more accurate....

Er, just leave the illiteration to the meister here. I make those life-changing decisions.

I think you can all choose one for Gail and then I'll judge* the winner.

I'm a great believer in democracy.

Ha ha.

Quite right too - i do apologise. Ladies and gentleman, re-introducing, 10st 11.5lb worth of..............................................................

Deviant Dawn!:)

Garrulous works, but then again such a sociable creature deserves something a little more apt like gregarious Gail. However as she's one of the few ladies I look up to (or at least admit to looking up to;)) I hereby give to you, the one, the only, yours and mine.....

GURU GAIL

Steve:p

'Look up to'. OMG. I am so honoured !!!!!

Gettable Gail, Gregarious Gail, Guru Gail, Gaffer Gail, Garrulous Gail, Gail Force, Gorgeous Gail. Oh Wow, what a choice :p

I like Gail Force or Guru Gail but I feel a tad arrogant saying that !!!!

Batty Bess, Brazen Bess and my offering Banana's Bess or Beautiful Bess (I've never seen a picture but you are beautiful inside so that's enough for me :))

Lewd Lou - I'm afraid that I can't beat this one - Sorry Lorrayne :p

Dirty Dawn, Deviant Dawn, Delectable Dawn, Dynamic Dawn, Skinny Dawn (I know it doesn't match but it's so true :D)

Had a good week this week. Hoping that I'll make my 2 lb target (which will get my 5.5 stone shiny back again for the 3rd time - hopefully here to stay this time). Then after that, no specific targets I think. I find that although it has helped to focus me a bit, it starts to make me a bit 'scared' of eating which isn't always helpful for me. So after Sunday my target will be to lose every week for now unless there is something specific going on that might prevent that in which case I'll review that week. However it feels lovely to be losing again - a few weeks down the line will be better when I get under the 12 stone mark and towards my 6 stone shiny and lowest weight ever. As Dawn knows, 2 weeks doesn't make a trend !!!

Apologies for all the exclamation marks. I'm tired and can't think of anything else to put :)

Will update again on Sunday but I'm feeling another long rambling post coming up so beware ;)

Gail x

Hi Gail xxx

Ooh I would have to plump for Gorgeous Gail...cos you are xx Not very imaginative but very true xx

I'm pleased you've had yet another good week hunni :happy096: ... buns or no buns lol! I really hope that 2lbs comes off on Sunday...you've worked so hard, and that 5.5st shiny belongs to you xxx

Yes, you post away Gail. As far as I'm concerned you don't post enough on here. Some of us like what you have to say;)

Anyway, It's your thread, so ramble away! - you know I love rambling and am an active member of the ramblers:D

Disappearing Dawn has plenty to say for herself:p but some of us come on here to listen to the organ grinder:cool:

S

Yes, you post away Gail. As far as I'm concerned you don't post enough on here. Some of us like what you have to say;)

Anyway, It's your thread, so ramble away! - you know I love rambling and am an active member of the ramblers:D

Disappearing Dawn has plenty to say for herself:p but some of us come on here to listen to the organ grinder:cool:

S

:8855:

Awwww thanks. You say the loveliest things :)

Found another one for Bess (from her own mouth) - Bonkers Bess ;)

Thanks again Steve, your confidence in me is.................scary :p

Gail x

S

:whoopass::whoopass::whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

:D Guru Gail does it for me........as you are and we all pay attention to you Gail. A very wise, clever, funny and motivational person and guru fits perfectly (unlike my trousers) ;)

Ooooh, Brazen Bess, now there's something to live up to!! ;) :D

It's really good to read about your journey Gail, you always inspire me not to give up, even though I fear that it doesn't always look that way it is true....x:sigh:

WARNING.........long rambling post coming up !!

Ooooh, Brazen Bess, now there's something to live up to!! ;) :D

It's really good to read about your journey Gail, you always inspire me not to give up, even though I fear that it doesn't always look that way it is true....x:sigh:

Thanks Bess for your kind words. I'm glad I can help. I know things are difficult but I'm so pleased that you are fitting SW into your life. I know that means that your losses are slow, but on the plus side, you haven't gained and you are continuing to lose albeit very slowly. Don't give up but enjoy your food. If so, it doesn't matter how long it takes, it will be a sustainable loss. If you aren't enjoying your food (and the other stuff) then it's time to have another look, maybe choose some new recipes etc. I totally admire your determination and your ability to keep at it despite maybe not having the quick results that you might have wanted. Good on you :)

So, my rambling post (again ;))......

I have been thinking over the last few days (and spoke to skinny Dawn about it today on the phone). Life is settling down into a slimmer me. I can't believe it really but I can't remember quite as vividly the negative feelings that I had about being overweight (when I looked back - I never really admitted it when I was so overweight) which worries me a bit because that seems to be my main motivator at the moment.

Although I feel great, I am more motivated to stay on this plan by not wanting to go back where I came from so I worry that if I don't remember that as much, I might not be as strict. So (when I get round to it) I am going to cut and paste the posts from here into a kind of diary (my posts plus a few of the lovely ones from others who have helped and supported me) so that I can look back on it. Hopefully it will help me remember how I felt when I was positive (like now :D) and when I wasn't so positive and help me to find that again at those times. Because I certainly remember a few times when I was either finding things difficult or simply just 'didn't feel like it'.

I find it difficult to believe that people look up to me here and yet in some ways I just love the fact that I feel so positive. For really the first time in my life, I am feeling that I might actually get to a goal, that I might actually have a 'normal' BMI. I have never even been close. And I am also starting to look ahead to how I might deal with the maintenance part of this journey (I'm happy to give out my advice on that (Dawn !!) even though I'm still nowhere near !!!!). I never ever thought that might be a problem of mine because I just didn't think I'd ever get there.

I wish I could capture what it is that made the change. What made me look forward to a meal of baked potato, salad and something else rather than avoiding that so that I was so hungry that I had no choice but to grab something less suitable, what made me wonder round M&S today and only pick up a few chocolatey/sweet things (along with lots of fruit) but not eat them all at once. I don't think I'll ever know that but I wish I did because then I could really help others to make that switch.

I have Minimins to thank for some of that. When I started this (and it was actually working to my amazement) I never really thought that I'd actually get to a target, I just thought that losing a bit of weight would make me feel better. Mini's (and some of the people here who have inspired my journey) has shown me that I could be one of those people. Obviously my slightly obsessive personality has also helped me (!) but I just feel so lucky. I wish I had done it earlier but I don't have regrets - it probably wasn't the right time for me. If I had found SW earlier, I'm not sure that I could have stuck to green and red all the time. EE has helped me to eat 'normally'.

I have learnt that I could so easily go back to how I used to eat and probably will always be that way but I honestly feel that this could be my way of life. I'm not SW perfect but that's good - I enjoy my food, I enjoy eating out, I enjoy cinnamon buns (!!!) but I can still lose weight. Gosh, how lucky am I :D

So, thanks everyone again. I am going to have a good loss tomorrow (definitely more than the 2 lb target that I set) and quite possibly lose all of the remaining holiday weight (which would take me to my lowest this time round). So then onwards and downwards, into the 11's, past my lowest ever weight as an adult and towards the 6 stone loss and beyond. I love SW and how it has made me feel. Yaaaaaaay.

Thanks everyone. You are amazing :D

Gail xxxx

Call that a rambling post?

Not a patch on the 1hr 53min verbal post earlier...;)

Seriously, a lovely honest post with lots of interesting points, and really well put Gail x.

You have come a long way, and now I think you truly believe you can finish what you started...and the finish line is almost in sight x

The 11's eh! Cracking achievement! And as we said earlier, you've done it whilst continuing a 'normal' life, and enjoying it. You and I are the same...we will always have to watch our weight...but we are learning how to do that effectively and without feeling too deprived. You CAN have your cinamon buns and eat them...and still lose weight! How great is that?

Anyway, who's rambling now lol!

Good luck for wi tomorrow sis...not that you need it!

So proud of you xx

You ramble away Gail! Some of us have good posts and wise words and loads of useful and positive stuff, wisdom and knowledge to share with others.

Then there's Dawn's posts! :p

Your confidence is brilliant -almost bordering on cockiness, but that is not always a bad thing. Of course I love to think the team (as I think we all are) can all on some level inspire and encourage each other along. You called last week correctly and seem very confident of a good loss again. I am usually fearing WI but you seem to dismiss it as a mere minor irritation (oops back to Dawn again lol).

Anyway, I will respond to PM's later when on main PC as iPad here is taking some getting used to but it is much better for typing and reading on than iPhone. I have not as yet worked out as yet how to scroll to the bottom of the PM to add my reply and at 1.40am not about to start seeking out manuals!

I could get used to this late night thing. I can certainly get used to lie-ins.

Just wondering though Gail, as well as the dieting, are you hitting the old body magic and stuff? You have to share the secret with the group just what is making you so confident -it is the law :)

Steve

You ramble away Gail! Some of us have good posts and wise words and loads of useful and positive stuff, wisdom and knowledge to share with others.

Then there's Dawn's posts! :p

Your confidence is brilliant -almost bordering on cockiness, but that is not always a bad thing. Of course I love to think the team (as I think we all are) can all on some level inspire and encourage each other along. You called last week correctly and seem very confident of a good loss again. I am usually fearing WI but you seem to dismiss it as a mere minor irritation (oops back to Dawn again lol).

Just wondering though Gail, as well as the dieting, are you hitting the old body magic and stuff? You have to share the secret with the group just what is making you so confident -it is the law :)

Steve

LOL. Thanks Steve ! Not sure what Dawn will say about that though.....................:eek:

Confidence on my WI result comes from a combination of having been on plan (with the flexi synned cinnamon bun(s) of 44 syns each !) and the 'cheating' of daily weighing :eek:. I therefore have a fair idea of what I'm likely to lose before I get to Sunday - hence the fairly accurate predictions. I'm not necessarily a fan of daily weighing for everyone but it works for me - it saves unpleasant surprises (whether 'expected' or not) and I have become quite good at ignoring the invariable blips during the week. It's just the way that works for me for I accept that for some it can be quite destructive if you look at the variations and react to them on a day to day basis.

So, this week I lost 4 lbs :D. That takes me to 11 st 13 lbs (actually 12 st 11.6 lbs !) for the first time this journey (my lowest ever was 11 st 11 lbs but I was under 12 stone only for a couple of weeks), gives me my 5.5 stone shiny back and 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks. Just shows you what I can do when I put my mind to it :D :D

Yay. No more targets for me though. As long as I lose every week (ideally 1 lb but I'll take anything) that is good enough for me. Looking forward to this week :)

Gail x

Congratulations and thankyou for your last two posts. Thank goodness (for me) that you are here. xxx

Back