Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Evening Gail;)

Enough of this clothes talk - there are dudes present. Buy any gadgetry? ;)

I wish I understood women's sizes though (as a direct comparison) it might as well be hieroglyphics(sp?)

:p

gl12282 said:
Sorry Penny, forgot to answer your question. 6.5 x HexA total - Serves 8. I think I got this from Shrimpy

Mushrooms (200-400g)
3 onions
2-3 peppers
2 tins baked beans
1 tin tinned tomatoes
8 laughing cow triangles
200g reduced fat cheddar
Lasagne sheets
Chilli powder or tabasco to taste
Green herbs

Fry vegetables together (onions first) in frylight. Then add beans and tomatoes, herbs, chilli and laughing cow. Then layer in lasagne dish (i do 3 layers but you can choose) and cook on high for 40-50 mins. Grill cheese if nec at the end. Yum. Serves 8. freezes well but is worth thinking about adding a little extra liquid if you're planning to freeze it.

The coat was a bargain because there was 25% off this week at M&S :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I had a great week apart from a partly bad Friday and a very bad Saturday. So bad in fact that I can't even write down everything that I ate because I can't remember :(. So must read 'note to self' again today because I totally forgot about it yesterday.

So, result today is a loss of 1.5 lbs which is probably a fair reflection of this week. So, back on plan again today. Has been ok day.

So hoping for another loss next week. Still have 5.5 lbs of pre holiday/holiday gain to get off but it's coming off slowly but surely (4 lbs so far).

Gail x

P.S. am reading the Beck diet book now so will let you know how I get on..........

Sent from my iPhone

Well done for the loss! :D :D Good job missus!

Keep up the "note to self" and you'll be waiflike in no time! :hug99:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiilllllll, just been having a catch up on your diary, fabby loss today :D

I am doing the Christmas avatars in the next few days, and you MUST have one (I insist :p). I have an idea for one :cool: (dont worry I wont be shoving rockets up your bum ala Reggie) but if you have something in mind, let me know

*covets coat*

Thanks Smartie. But this week has been HARD. I'm proud because I did well most of the week (and avoided LOTS of biscuits) etc but frustrated that I blew it big style yesterday. Bleurgh.

Thanks for thinking of me in the avatars. I keep meaning to put something (anything really !) on just so that there is a picture but I have nooooo imagination. So if you have some thoughts, I'd be very grateful.

You're an angel.

Gail x

I've made it Gail, brace yourself for this one .... no drooling over your keyboard :p

nntci9.jpg

You have your very own cereal bar selection box :D What more could you ask for?

I did forget to mention earlier, there will be a slight charge for my xmas avatars, so could you stick 50p in a charity box of your choice. Thanking you very muchly :D

hi gail well done on ur loss this week x what is the beck diet book? never heard of it b4 if it helps u stay on the straight & narrow i think i need it :cry: god this dieting lark is hard wish i could wave a magic wand and not think about food all day :rolleyes: have a good week love val xx

Well done on that 1.5 loss Gail! Brilliant! :D xxx

Well done on the loss Gail. Just got to get you out hiking now along with Rambler Dawn for extra-spectacular Body Magic results;)

Strict Steve

Hiya Chica - good to see you sounding so positive. Think I might have to borrow your idea and write note to self as well.

Quick update - my little gain blossomed to 2.86 lbs by Monday morning! Still in target range but noiw struggling to get back into the swing of things and despite being on plan again sionce Monday have gained another 2 lbs. WTF !!!!

Hey ho - these things are sent to try us!

keep up with it chica, you're losing again and heading back for the next shiney!

:hug99: to keep you going

Morning Gail, I like your new picture, very seasonal with the snowman!
Biscuits - I never eat them, not fussed but someone bought malted milk :D ones yesterday and.......the rest is crumbs and history:sigh: ...:eek: xx

Eeeek. Talking of biscuits, I ate rather a lot yesterday. Got tripped up by a couple of things - buffet at work and meal out at a friends house and then topped it all off by eating 200g Bonne Maman biscuits *shame*. So undid most of this weeks good work in one day. Grrrrrrr. Not helped by having forgotten to order yoghurts for breakfast on my last shop so I'm having to eat my A and B choice in the morning which isn't helping.

So, today has been better. Can only do what I can do. Fingers crossed I can get off that temporary gain by Sunday in preparation for a difficult week next week........

Gail xxx

P.S. Had a delicious dinner tonight. Chicken Tagine (should be Lamb but the lamb I'd buy from Ocado is not v low fat so I'd have to get from a butcher to do it with lean Lamb)

Total syns for the lot: 16 (so between 2.5 and 4 syns each depending on the number of portions)

2 chicken breasts but could use 4 to have more meat in it. The sauce certainly serves at least 4-5 so if you put more chicken in, would probably serve at least 6.
2 onions
125g semi dried apricots (10 syns)
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp hot chilli powder
pinch of saffron in 3 tbsp hot water

Fry onions and chicken. Add the spices, apricots, tomato and honey. Simmer for a bit ! (longer if it was lamb). Serve with rice or cous cous and vegetables. Yum Yum :)

Hey sis!

I'm so gona do that recipe! I remember you saying how nice it is! I might even cook it for Sarah on one of our 'round the world' cooking nites lol!

Keep positive Gail x A good build up to Christmas will give you some leeway to let your hair down a bit! xx

I was a bit naughty yesterday. I had a good day (including using 6 syns plus my HexA and HexB between breakfast and lunch) and I was rushing out so I skipped tea (the naughty bit) but didn't have any snacks or crisps at the pub (which is a fab achievement for me - I've never managed that before). Am planning to be very good today during the day and then out to a buffet tonight with homemade cake etc - am going to try v hard to be moderate.

I had had a large gain prior to today (which is ok) but I really want at least a STS or a loss tomorrow because next week is a very challenging week for me so the more positive I can be about it, the better.

See you tomorrow.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Doesn't sound too naughty to me Gail! I'm sure next week will be fine, you are well prepared that's the main thing. xxx

Hiya lovely Gail, how's your weekend going? Are you out at a "do" tonight?

Concert methinks. Playing or listening?

Last edited:
I know Gail was playing tonight Bev...although she didn't seem to confident about the performance lol!!!

Hope it went ok Sis and that you raised lots of money for charity!

Really enjoyed the chat earlier :thankyou:

Lots of love xxx

Thanks Dawn, Bev, Bess and Penny :)

I have been a fairly good girl today ! During the day I had a bag of clementines, turned down biscuits at the hairdressers and browsing in Hotel Chocolat ! Then I had a bit of everything at the buffet tonight - included a mini pork pie, piece of cheese and potato pie, crisps and dips and a piece of christmas cake. Obviously not entirely SW friendly ! However I hadn't had lunch or tea and didn't eat excessive quantities of food so I thought I did ok.

I played in a concert tonight. As I said to Dawn today, it wasn't 'high quality' music (even with the most imaginative of imaginations !) but it was fun and we played as well as we could (which isn't that well to be fair :p). My violin teacher has said that I have to play a solo in the next concert. :eek: He made me play one in the first concert I ever did on the violin (I'd only been playing about 6 months then) but I didn't know that I could say no to him (!). I had vibrato that I never knew I had from the shaking ! I have managed to avoid it since then (3 years ago) but I have a feeling my time is up and I'll have to play solo in public again soon :eek: :eek: Not something that should ever be heard in public in my humble opinion ;)

Scales looking ok tonight so hoping for a small loss tomorrow morning which again would be a fair reflection of the week (particularly as its * week too). Actually feeling that the things I DIDN'T have today and yesterday are a real achievement for me as I haven't been too good at avoiding the little things recently (hence the plateau for the last few months) so I'm quite proud. Still need to try and get control of the mini binges during the week which are what are sabotaging things a little for me at the moment (obviously I am sabotaging myself but you know what I mean !).

So, after WI tomorrow starts my real challenge. Away for the best part of 3 days with little control over what I eat (although some of it should be suitable). Then out with work night out on Thursday. However will see a few people while I'm away who I haven't seen for 2 or 3 years so hopefully they may notice the change :)

See you soon.

Gail x

Back