Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Morning Gail xxx

I bet the concert was lovely and you're just being modest as usual!

I have my fingers crossed for wi sis xxx

Thank you. WI today was good. Lost 1.5 lbs which is a fair reflection of my week, so only 4 lbs to lose the rest of holiday weight and get my 5.5 stone shiny back. Then another 2.5lbs to get back to the 11's and then onwards into new territory. I would like to be there by the end of Jan (taking Xmas into account) and then continue downwards.

Keep your fingers crossed that the motivation of the last few days continues through the next few days. I have taken lunch onto the train along with a load of fruit for snacking over the next few days. Am thinking about what i'll do for hotel breakfast Mon and Tues. Monday night will be flexi synned with wine :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

gl12282 said:
Thank you. WI today was good. Lost 1.5 lbs which is a fair reflection of my week, so only 4 lbs to lose the rest of holiday weight and get my 5.5 stone shiny back. Then another 2.5lbs to get back to the 11's and then onwards into new territory. I would like to be there by the end of Jan (taking Xmas into account) and then continue downwards.

Keep your fingers crossed that the motivation of the last few days continues through the next few days. I have taken lunch onto the train along with a load of fruit for snacking over the next few days. Am thinking about what i'll do for hotel breakfast Mon and Tues. Monday night will be flexi synned with wine :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Aww...really pleased for you sis! You so deserve that loss for refusing to give up!

I'm sure that motivation will stay with you x. You've set some achievable targets and I know you can meet them...and more importantly YOU know you can too x

Safe journey Gail and hope yr days away go well xxx

Well done Gail! Enjoy the next few days ans soak up those compliments, they'll keep you on the straight and narrow! xx :)

Thank you. WI today was good. Lost 1.5 lbs which is a fair reflection of my week, so only 4 lbs to lose the rest of holiday weight and get my 5.5 stone shiny back. Then another 2.5lbs to get back to the 11's and then onwards into new territory.
Yippee - the buffet and lack of all other food yesterday (norty girl) obviously didn't do too much damage. Onwards we go!!!
Am thinking about what i'll do for hotel breakfast Mon and Tues. Monday night will be flexi synned with wine :)
Tomatoes on un-buttered toast was always my standby when in hotels! Or scrambled eggs, but you never know how much fat there is in those!
. . . My violin teacher has said that I have to play a solo in the next concert. :eek: He made me play one in the first concert I ever did on the violin (I'd only been playing about 6 months then) but I didn't know that I could say no to him (!). I had vibrato that I never knew I had from the shaking !
I always avoided doing solos - I just loved playing with an orchestra and didn't like doing anything to stand out. But my music teacher at school insisted I played one in the end of year concert when I was in my last year and I'd just taken my music "A" level and passed my grade 8 (viola not violin). But yes, the vibrato from the shakes was very much in evidence - so I know exactly how you feel about doing solos chica. They're VERY scary - no matter how experienced you are.

Well done on both the loss and the plan, Gail.

See you next week, same time, same place, to find out how we both did with our plans?

Well done Skinny Mini!! :bighug:

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Congrats on the loss Gail:cool:

Sorry i can't help with breakfast plans. To me a hotel or anywhere away from home, is a holiday. Might explain my lack of maintaining ability?;)

They may have weetabix or bran flakes in boxes, otherwise stick to baked beans on toast?

Mixed day today. I have had some successes and some failures !!

Breakfast - big bowl of fresh fruit salad and a very small freshly baked pain au chocolat (believe it or not that was one of the successes !)

Lunch: most of a baked potato with baked beans and salad (success)

Avoided Danish pastry mid morning (which spent the rest of the day calling to me because they were left out and looked delicious but I didn't) mince pies afternoon break and chocolate with lunch.

However, I did have several celebrations chocolates late afternoon (? 6 or 8 - once i started i just kept eating) along with 3 toffees. Grrrrr.

Meal out - 2 glasses of wine plus pudding (planned so that's ok) but probably didn't choose my meals as well as I should have done (not so good).

So some good and some not so good. I knew it was going to be difficult. So tomorrow will be similarly hard but without the meal out although i will need to find food on the journey home. I will try to stick to the same breakfast, similar lunch and then stop at M&S food place at Euston for evening meal - ? Salad, meat and fruit (ie Syn free). Then main challenge will be avoiding the Danish pastries and the chocolates. Must remember and read my 'note to self' again tonight and tomorrow and accept that I will spend the day obsessing about all the food but that I will feel v proud if I resist. After all, it's not as though I will never have the opportunity to eat celebrations again !!!!

Wish me luck.............:)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Gail x

Well I don't think that was too bad hunni x I mean, you had a few extras here and there but you were still enough in control to resist other stuff, so well done xxx

Of course we all wish u loadsa luck for tomorrow...you can do it xxx

Lots of love xx

Well done on resisting the Siren Song of the Danish pastries! x

Well done on your loss this week Gail :)

I feel your struggle with trying to be good. My main problem right now is that I always want to be eating cozy comfort food, and I don't want to take time to prepare it, so I end up with the non sw version of things!

Well done on the breakfast and lunch tho, at least your heart is still in it :) xxx

Well done on resisting the Siren Song of the Danish pastries! x
From me too - you're doing better than me Gail at the mo. It was sausages rolls that the sirens forced me to eat yesterday!

Hi Gail

We don't do Failure or any other F words. You were successful, and not so successful;)

PS did you put tomato in your fruit salad?

PPS why not?

:p

I'm not sure if it is an age thing, but I am certainly developing a sweet tooth!

Hi Gail

We don't do Failure or any other F words. You were successful, and not so successful;)
Wise words from the [STRIKE]idiot[/STRIKE] wise one :D
PS did you put tomato in your fruit salad?

PPS why not?

:p

I'm not sure if it is an age thing, but I am certainly developing a sweet tooth!
Hormones make us girls crave sweeties, Steve. What's your excuse? Men don't have hormones...do they?

Gail, as 'bad' goes......that's not really bad at all!!!
Boy, when I'm bad I am really bad, which makes your bit bad actually look good........if you follow me :D

I am dreading the tins of Roses, QS, Celebrations, Matchmakers, Selection boxes and all the other delicious rubbish that will be too hard to say no to. Roll on January 1st ;):D

xxx

Hormones make us girls crave sweeties, Steve. What's your excuse? Men don't have hormones...do they?

Do we not? - blimey, that's news to me and I suspect The Lancet. If I remember rightly all multicellular organisms produce hormones including plants! - I think what you might have meant was females produce estrogen and males testosterone (as primary sex hormones) but what would I know being a thick geordie male;)

Translated as my testosterone level is rampant - give me walnut whips lol

Gail, as 'bad' goes......that's not really bad at all!!!
Boy, when I'm bad I am really bad, which makes your bit bad actually look good........if you follow me :D

Aint' that the truth:eek:

I am dreading the tins of Roses, QS, Celebrations, Matchmakers, Selection boxes and all the other delicious rubbish that will be too hard to say no to. Roll on January 1st ;):D

and those are just for brekkie right Loulou?:p

xxx
PS I'm only joking so please don't go all, er, hormonal on me Lorrayne:D

Back