Gain due to off-plan or exercise?

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Morning all,

I have just weighed and had a 1.5lb gain this week . I had an off plan day Saturday and I have pretty much used all of my 15 syns (sometimes 16) a day on most days this week. On Monday I started the 30 day shred with the hop of losing a few inches.

Anyway, do you think my gain was purely due to the fact ive had an off plan day (which wasnt mega off plan, just quite a lot of alcohol) and max syns this week or do you think it could be due to the fact ive been extreme exercising? Ive literally gone from no exercise to doing it four days in a row now.

Im not looking for an excuse for my gain as i know Saturday night didnt help but I guess im just looking for some clarification.

Thanks xxx

I had a similar thing when I started my exercising, my weight loss slowed for a few weeks but has evened out now and I am also noticing nice tight thighs from the exercise which is exciting. Someone told me the reason for this is possibly because you increase your food a bit when you exercise as you are burning so much off, who knows but I would say stick at the exercise

i'd say it was probably a combination of the two things to be honest!!!
my weight losses slow to small gain when i really do the exercise.

I'd say it was a combo of both, I sts this week even though i'd been 100% on plan but I also upped my running quite a lot. 30 day shred is quite intense so I can imagine you would be retaining water after starting that. Good news is it should all even out and hopefully you can get a good loss this week. Best of luck! X

this happens when i up my exercise too, sweating it combined with all that alcohol your muscles probably got dehydrated if that makes sense and are clinging to the water you put in your body, as far as i'm aware muscle cells retain more water than fat cells so if you're exercising the first while your body will probably hold onto more water but this can be a very good sign so don't worry :D

Back