Gained 3lbs in a day!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by purplefish, 25 October 2010 Social URL.

1. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    Ok so we had friends round yesterday with wine, crisps, spag bol and cheesecake. Very naughty as I'd been doing so well and lost 2lbs this week. I stepped on the scales this morning and have gained 3lbs since yesterday morning!
    I daren't eat anything today!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    tbh hun i doubt you have, this is why WW have their WIs one a week, each day we differ by 2lbs or more, either lossing it or gaining it, you may find the actual weight of the food is still playing a huge part in your actual weight but it wont be fat, it will be the food along with water retention which will most likely vanish in 2 - 3 days x

4. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    So do you think I should carry on as normal or try to eat less points each day?

5. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith Slimmer 2010

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just keep to your normal daily points allowance and you will be fine, I have a weekly blow out and its fine. Your be fine :) Im sure

6. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    Thank you, I hope so!

7. little_miss_somersault

little_miss_somersault Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    dont worry it will just be the food weighing heavy wait until your actual weigh in day and your see a big difference. weight naturally fluctuates from day to day...chin up im sure all will be ok on your offical weigh in day x

8. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always have a NO points day after weigh day so im sure if you just stick to your points from now.. Come weigh day you'll be fine :D

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    To gain 3lbs you'd have to have eaten more than 10,000 EXTRA calories yesterday.

As it's already been said this is exactly why you should only weigh yourself once a week. Stick to your points bank 1 or 2 a day if it makes you feel better ;) but really don't worry about it x

10. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith Slimmer 2010

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes I thought that, and 10,000 calories is alot of food even on a 'pig out' and this doesn't even sounds like a blow out just a social occasion you had with your friends :)

11. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have been much better at my serial scale hopping lately, but yesterday I was naughty and weighed myself in the morning, then again later in the evening. And apparently, I gained 5 pounds.
    Now I know I ate a sandwich and drank a glass of water. I also know i did NOT gain 5 pounds in a few hours!!
    SO- stay off the scales till weigh in, and if you really feel the need, save a point or two a day and do a bit of exercise :)

12. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    Thanks everyone! Feel better already!
    xx

13. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    love, I weight myself every day, it's a habit I can't get rid of. I go to the restaurant the night of my official weigh-in (which falls on Sunday). When I weight myself the following day, I'm *ALWAYS* 3 lbs heavier. But that's just food still in circulation and water retention because probably the food I had was too salty at restaurant. The following day (Tuesday) I've always lost 1.5 to 2 lbs, and on the following day (Wednesday) I'm back to the weight I was on Sunday.

Maybe after a night like that try to stay light the following day: I use the principle of the wendy plan and have 4 points less than my allowance on a Monday. Then, I would have 2 points less than my allowance on a Tuesday and do some exercise on a Wednesday, usually a very long walk (6/7 miles now, but I started with 2!)

This strategy still works now in maintenance, in fact I'm still losing weight!:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.