Gaining half a pound between scales and PDA

Cobweb

I was wondering if anyone else who has switched from paper to computerised weigh ins has had problems with the new technology.

For the second time today I have stood on the scales chuffed with my weightloss only for the weigher to tell me that the display on the scales is different to what it says on the PDA.

I don't mind too much if like today it was the difference of 4lbs and 3.5 lbs off, I wasn't in the running for SotW or any other milestones but I can imagine it is gutting for someone when it is the difference between a new sticker or even target and not.

It really annoys me too, the new scales don't say the half lbs. I've got all excited a couple of times for my next sticker to then be told I'm still 1/2 lb away. The old scales used to say .5's but these don't.:mad:

Our new scales show half pounds.......??

Yes I heard that some do but ours don't.:( No room left at the side either for it. The stones and lbs fill the whole screen.

Ours dont show the half pound and it is really blooming annoying. Ive been dogged by a flipping half pound for weeks I wish it would sling its hook. As Laura says you think you are at your next target only to find out you are a flaming half pound heavier than you think.

I want to sling them out of the window!

I wonder then if one set of scales is slightly more expensive and each Consultant had to make the decision of which to buy?

So this will happen everytime I weigh suchandsuch and a half? I wonder why it doesn't fit any more, ah well at least I am prepared, I shall believe that I have an extra half pound when I weigh in from now on and then if i don't I'll be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around.

I am the weigh lady for my class. They should both show the same. However I have noticed that with people who are 20st something the scales can't show the half pounds as the 2 takes up too much room on the display. I'm not sure if this is the reason or it's a general problem with the scales display. I've stopped looking at the scales because I was getting confused!

Hope this helps

I am the weigh lady for my class. They should both show the same. However I have noticed that with people who are 20st something the scales can't show the half pounds as the 2 takes up too much room on the display. I'm not sure if this is the reason or it's a general problem with the scales display. I've stopped looking at the scales because I was getting confused!

Hope this helps

I asked a consultant about this and you are right. The 2 takes up more room than a 1 would do. So the .5 gets pushed off the edge of the display on the scales.

This should only affect those who are 20 stone or over. Once you get to 19 stone something, the .5 will magically reappear.

The weight displayed on the PDA is always the correct one.

Once people know about this, and are prepared for it, then they will probably not worry too much, but I can see that it is very annoying - after all, every half pound helps!

I gather that some consultants have made their feelings about this glitch very clear to the powers-that-be!!

Ah okay that explains it, even more of an incentive to get below 20 stones, thanks for the replies guys, still kinda crappy that this happens in the first place but ah well :)

Yes, it definitely is "kinda crappy"! Nice to see you being so philosophical about it, but it is really something that should not have happened.

Back