Gaining weight on S&S?

Kuromi Jenkins

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I've switched from Lipotrim to Slim & Save last Monday but in that 6 days I have gained 5lbs. I rang the S&S support line but got told they didn't know anything about LT so just stick with their diet and keep drinking water. I'm getting quite desperate now as I don't understand why I'm gaining weight again. I'm monitoring and logging my food and drink and am not going above 50g of carbs daily (LT is about 46g) and my calories are about 550 a day (LT is about 450).

Has anyone else had this problem or got any advice? I've tried following their simplicity and life style plans and am still going up.

I don't want to go back to drinking 3 cold shakes a day as I was always cold on LT hence why I switched for hot meal packs but I'm getting worried that the 1 stone 5lbs I lost over the last month is being undone at a quicker rate than I originally lost it.

Thanks, Kuro

Re: Gaining weight on S&S?

To gain 1lb of fat you need to consume 3500 calories more than you are burning. So it is physically impossible to gain 5lbs of fat on what you are eating.

Is totm due? Drinking plenty of water etc? It must be so frustrating I would be the same. Id give it another week and if its not sorted itself out then id think of another plan of acrion. Fingers crossed xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The only thing I can think is that you're storing water weight right now but if you keep at the diet and keep drinking water it will whoosh back off xx

I'm drinking plenty so don't understand why I'd be retaining water. And I'm deffo not consuming 3500 calories over my allowance as I'm having between 550-650 a day max.

Today I reckon I will drink anywhere between 3-7 litres as I've already done 2.5 and I still have this afternoon and an evening down the pub that usually involves about 3 litres so I should gave more than enough to flush my system over the course of today.

You're actually drinking too much water. If you drink more than the recommended 2-3 litres a day then the sodium in your blood gets too diluted and this causes bloating as well as other things like headaches and feeling sick. Stick to the 2-3 litres xx

Yep too much water can cause that and is actually not a good thing due to the sodium in water. My friend who's doing a vlcd got heart palpitations from drinking too much water!!

It could be your bodies way of adjusting too to something new. Give it another week and see.

Also - try changing the batteries in your scales? Mine went silly and then I changed them and they went back to normal!!

Good luck xx

Well a week after the initial jump and this morning I was 10.8 which is 1/2lb up on last Tuesdays weight. I've had 3 litres yesterday and about 2 so far today. I'll probably have just under another litre over the course of the evening, so I should not be having too much now, although tbh I didn't think I was having more than 3 last week either so I'm confused as to whether it's retention through not enough or gain because of too much. Either way I'm hoping the week from hell is over and tomorrow I'll be back down as everytime me it's looked like it's coming down this last week I've been back up again the next morning.

Let's see what the next few days bring.

P.s I'm deffo not pregnant.

You've gained again this week? There's something not right. Are you exercising? Could be muscle gain? x

I've only started exercising as of yesterday so it is doubtful that. I went up from 10.7 on Tues morning last week to 10.11 3/4 the next morning after my first day of S&S which totally threw me as I expected maybe a pound or 2 but not 5, but then over the last week it's been fluctuating and not going down. So technically I've been hovering at a gain of approx 5 pounds (give or take all the quarters and halves of pounds) which I can't get my head around. I tried ringing S&S but they were useless which I was disappointed with as what's the point of having a help line if the answer is "I don't know. Try sticking with it and seeing what happens".

Are you sticking to the 'allowed' list of food? I noticed in your diary you had spaghetti and meatballs, don't think that's allowed. Spaghetti is carby x

The spaghetti is the Slim & Save one and the meat balls are home made turkey mince. I'm eating stuff off their website, so can't think of anything that I would have eaten that would have done this much damage in a few days.

Ahh right, I really don't know what's going on then x

Ditto. That's what's so distressing because I don't understand and I'm the kind of person that is a control freak and likes to understand what is going on at all times and feels outside of their comfort zone when out of my depth.

Back