Attack Galettes

Hi all. I'm new on the Dukan Diet (day four of Attack today). Only just found some oat bran and wondered about the best way to cook these? I'd like to do a savoury version (with poached egg) and a sweet version (with a spritz of lemon juice for pancake day). I've got some fromage frais (couldn't get quark)....best recipes please ?

Look for the muffin recipes

Personally speaking, I have these this twice a day for my 2tsbp allowance.

For two 3" pancakes at half your daily oatbran allowance:

1 tbsp Oatbran
1 Egg White
1tsp Fromage Frais

Mix to a batter and then fry in as little oil as possible.

This mix in my experience is the best consistency for cooking, it turns easily and doesn't seperate.

I'm avoiding yolks right now, but you can use a whole egg which gives a thicker, cakier style pancaker.

Obviously if you want to make the full daily allowance in one go, you can use the two tbsp of oatbran with either a whole egg or a little extra fromage frais for consistency.

It's good with yoghurt or just a little sweetener! I'm a dessertoholic so I don't do savoury galettes, but it's also good with garlic and chives!

Please Brownie, NO OIL. If you use a good non-stick pan, all you need is a squirt of fry-lite if you absolutely have to, but usually a non-stick pan and slow long cooking on a low heat results in success! If using oil put a few drops in the pan and wipe around with kitchen towel to remove any excess.

The official galette recipe is in the book page 70 (I am only copying the quantities given):
(Oatbran quantity give is for attack)

1.5 TB oatbran
1.5 TB 0% fromage frais or quark
1 egg (or one white only)

Add sweetener and/or pinch of salt to taste

Mix and dry-fry in non-stick pan, few minutes each side.

you can batch-make these, they will store in the fridge (covered/wrapped) for a week (according to the book) or freeze.

I tend to make mine runnier with a bit of added milk and call it a 'pancake' - then add savoury or sweet fillings

Your comments echo exactly what I said: As little oil as possible. The least that you can use. A tiny, negligible amount.

What's the difference in my suggestion of using 'as little oil as possible' and saying 'a squirt of fry-lite' or a 'few drops in the pan and wipe around with kitchen towel'?

It amounts to exactly the same thing, as little as you possibly can.

I'm not professing to be an expert but I'm not wrong either.

Sorry :) it just a different perception.

Back