Gallstones?

Mr Creosote

I hear Gallstones can be a problem on VLCD's...Anyone any experience of these or how to limit your chances of getting them whilst losing weight quickly?

You can get gallstones on any diet not just VLCDs and you can get them if youre not on a diet its not just VLCDs. Theres really nothing you can do to prevent them if youre going to get them, just stick to the plan, drink plenty and dont let the scare stories put you off.

Some of you on here will know at around week 9 on my journey i was rushed to hospital on a saturday due to a pain in my abdomen that i suspected may be gallstones, but infact it was just from eating the night before & my body wasn't used to it anymore. Like the others have said, there's risks to every diet.. don't think about the negatives and just look at the positives!!

I have had my gallbladder removed due to having stones when I was doing slimming world they said it was due to fatty foods not diet so don't worry about it or think this diet will make it worse

My doc actually recommended a vlcd as I have suffered with gallstones in the past.

Strange that this topic should appear. I was taken into hospital in thursday after severe abdominal pain and vomiting. It was the worst pain I have ever felt! It came on a couple of hours after I had eaten some chicken, ham and salmon. Pain passed and although taken in by ambulance I discharged myself after 2 hours as I hadn't seen a doctor and felt fine. last couple of nights I have had pain (but nothing like the first time) a couple of hours after eating. My self diagnosis using google is gallstones! (lol) if it is well it won't stop me cding!

When I had gallstones I was literally crawling on the floor on my hands and knees the pain was that bad wud rather go thru labour again lol

It was pretty much like that. Couldn't move, talk thought I was just going to pass out and never come round. Very scary but couple of hours later I was fine.

omg reading this and my poor mother is going through that pain, awww i feel for her and she`s 64 bless her...She never moans or complains, but reading that u would rather go through labour has made me really feel for her, ill up the looking after her and keep an eye on her.....................................By the way ladies your weight losses are fantastic!!! Really well done :D

When I had gallstones I was literally crawling on the floor on my hands and knees the pain was that bad wud rather go thru labour again lol
Yes mine was like that each time and I had to go to hospital and have morphine each time. Touch wood I haven't had any more trouble for over a year now.

slim2012 said:
Yes mine was like that each time and I had to go to hospital and have morphine each time. Touch wood I haven't had any more trouble for over a year now.

I had mine out 11 years ago when I was 22 but I think that is now also reason y I can't lose weight until I came on this diet

Tiggwinkle - as you will see my story above, i was also rushed to hospital with adbominal pain. The pain only happens for me when i eat carbs now, so staying away from it i've been fine! :)

My friend had her gallbladder removed, after dieting she said the pain is like labour pains, very scary, episodes last from 1 to 8 hrs. Doctor said it is very common after any form of dieting.

Back