Gammon

What make are they?
Gammon is free on a red day Hun, so not sure how they have syns?

i think they are formed, so its not a piece of gammon, its little bits of gammon pressed into a mould, which is prob where the syns come from,

They are iceland gammon rounds. I looked in the SW 2007 food directory, and thats where it said they were 4.5 syns each on original. Could someone else please check, and let me know?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceland Gammon Rounds, Smoked/Unsmoked, twin pack, chilled * 127.5g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 4½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 12 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

blimey!, just shows where syns can come in when you think you are being 100% doesn't it?

There's likely to be added gubbins to those formed steaks, which is probably why. It'll mean proper gammon in the book, the free stuff.

my god, how much crap do they add to these reformed things?!

It's just reminded me why i don't eat things like that!

Aldi 2 gammon steaks £1.99 and really tasty.

I love gammon but it's got well expensive hasnt it?

Think all meat has become really expensive...even the cheap stuff I used to buy for slow roasting. I used to pay £3-4 for a decent sized piece f brisket in Asda..£7-8 now!!

Bit off subject I know, but abot 18 mths ago you could go to Asda/Tesco & buy a huge 5kg bag of pasta for £1, but the same bag in Tesco at the weekend was £3.50, that's gone up 250%!!

yeah i found that too, was a bit miffed, this month i'm doing the shopping on mysupermarket.co.uk and it gives you the prices in all the main supermarkets, then going to the ones around us and get the cheapest stuff, bit of a pain but its the best way to save some dosh!

Yeah gammon has got more expensive but so has everything else unfortunately. Sunflower oil used to be 50p and now it's £1.30, that's a biggie I noticed recently.

I'm not surprised that the reformed gammon has syns and I doubt I'd eat it anyway, it's all about the real gammon which is delicious, I have it about twice a week usually!

Bit of a silly question but how can you tell the difference between real gammon and the reformed stuff? I havn't bought gammon in years but i was going to get a couple of gammon steaks and pineapple for the weekend and don't want to buy the wrong stuff.

The Gammon rounds (the cheaper ones) will actually say on the packet Hun. In Asda they are actually called gammon rounds.
Dont be put off....I have tried them and it didnt make any difference to my loss that week.

Back