Garlic bread/mayonnaise

Maximus

Gold Member
I'm after a very low syn way of making garlic bread. At presaent, I'm thinking of 3 slices of WW Danish brown, and possibly a butter bud and garlic pureé combo. Failing that, as I;m not sure how that lot would taste, perhaps Flora extra light mixed with garlic then thrown in the oven?

Garlic mayonnaise - any ideas? - I've not touched mayo in months - not even low stuff.

There simply must be workarounds!

Steve

you could spray a HEb of lightly toasted wholewheat bread with some buttery frylight and then rub some garlic into the bread, place on a baking tray and crisps up in the oven for a few mins.

Garlic Mayo is lovely when u mix 1 tbsp of ex lite Mayo , 2-3 tbsp of nat yoghurt, crushed garlic, dried parsley, and some sweetener!!! Delicious.
Also make chilli Mayo the same swap garlic for chilli add little more sweetener. Abd maybe a bit more water to make it go further

you could spray a HEb of lightly toasted wholewheat bread with some buttery frylight and then rub some garlic into the bread, place on a baking tray and crisps up in the oven for a few mins.

Not sure if it is the same stuff over there, Britmum, but buttery frylight over here tastes disgusting (to me) not sure I'd risk it as I tried simila to taste it on bread/toast - suffice to say I never use it now!

Garlic Mayo is lovely when u mix 1 tbsp of ex lite Mayo , 2-3 tbsp of nat yoghurt, crushed garlic, dried parsley, and some sweetener!!! Delicious.
Also make chilli Mayo the same swap garlic for chilli add little more sweetener. Abd maybe a bit more water to make it go further

I could try that. Any reason for the sweetner (is it a little bitter otherwise?) will have a go at that one though:)

What about garlic pureé? as opposed to actual cloves of garlic?

Just thinking aloud really...

Steve

Maximus said:
Not sure if it is the same stuff over there, Britmum, but buttery frylight over here tastes disgusting (to me) not sure I'd risk it as I tried simila to taste it on bread/toast - suffice to say I never use it now!

I could try that. Any reason for the sweetner (is it a little bitter otherwise?) will have a go at that one though:)

What about garlic pureé? as opposed to actual cloves of garlic?

Just thinking aloud really...

Steve

Ooh our version - Pam buttery is fab, tastes like proper butter.

You can always just use normal frylight, it does have to be the buttery one, it just needs a spray to moisten so you can rub the garlic in, also helps it crisp up in the oven.

For the garlic bread, use low fat spread, fresh lemon juice, parsley and crushed garlic or garlic puree. Mix together and spread on.

Garlic mayo-I use very low fat mayo, natural yoghurt(optional but will make it less syns) fresh crushed garlic or garlic powder and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Hi hun, I make mine using mashed potatoes and crushed garlic or garlic salt, mix together and place onto a oven tray sprayed with fry light flatten it out into round shape, bake in oven 150c until crispy, turning halfway.
You can make into a pizza after base is cooked by topping with tomato sauce (homemade slimming world style) sprinkle with oregano and topped with babybel light (HE). Put back into oven until cheese is melted. Hope this helps.
xxx Looby

loobylou that sounds amazing!

When i make garlic bread i just use HEB of bread for the base and for the garlicness i use veg bouillon mixed with garlic salt mized with a dash of water... and if i have any HE left i sprinkle with cheese and bake... tastes FAB and really naughty but FREE :D

Garlic Mayo... sorry cant help there mayo makes me VOMMM :S X

Could you use smash to create a garlic pizza bread? I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes!

Also, with the garlic mayo, I usually add half a teaspoon of mixed herbs along with the garlic which is quite tasty. Hope it goes well!

Could you use smash to create a garlic pizza bread? I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes!

Also, with the garlic mayo, I usually add half a teaspoon of mixed herbs along with the garlic which is quite tasty. Hope it goes well!
Think Smash might not be solid enough, i use Cream Of The Crop frozen mash with spring onion, its free on Green and EE, I buy it from Heron freezer shop.

Last night i made potatoe skins and with the 'flesh' that was left i made a faux Garlic bread. I mixed into the mash Garlic salt, veggie boullin and a laughing cow traingle (from my allowance of day) and it made a really good dough.. i layed it on a ceramic tray and flattened it out and it looked like the garlic bread you get from resteraunts... baked for about 40mins... and then as i had some HE left added a thin layer of laughing cow over the top and a sprinkle of cheese and back in for 5 mins WOW!!!!

Back