Green Day Garlic bread.

I also use it as a base for pizza, when base is cooked just add some tomato sauce and use cheese from allowance. x

Hi All.
I'm new to this forum but the minute I saw Garlic Bread recipie I was hooked! I'm addicted to the stuff and have really missed it since joining SW. My ever loving husband thinks nothing of eating a nice buttery garlic baguette in front of me so now I won't feel like I'm missing out :)

Sorry to be daft but how long do you cook them for??
About 20 mins hun, I just keep testing it until its at the crispy stage I like, everyones different so keep checking until its to your preference. Havent made it for a while but fancy some now LOL.
Looby xxx

Made Garlic bread last night, saw similar recipe for it elsewhere and made it to my taste.:)
Free on green or extra easy.
Make up mash (smash or real potato) i used the cream of the crop mash with spring onion, about half a bag made 2 6 inch rounds.
add 1 clove of garlic finely chopped,
1/4 tspn garlic powder or to taste.
1/4 tspn onion salt or to taste.
mix together and flatten quite thinish but not too thin onto tray sprayed with frylight. Pop into oven 140-150c (turning halfway through) until crispy.
I found its better to make smaller ones as they cook quicker.
It is gorgeous, even my eldest son ate it :eek: and he is a fussy so and so, he wants me to make more. Give it a go. xxx

will have to try this with the next spag bol :) sounds yummy x

This sounds lovely, think I will give it a go! What kind of texture does the garlic bread end up like?

Back