Gary speed Wales manager dies age 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is selfish, but that's depression for you. It makes a person selfish, self-absorbed and like no-one can possibly understand or help. It's also an illness of the mind. He clearly wasn't of sound mind to be able to act the way he did, even though he may have felt that he was. That's the real danger of this hideous disease, it makes you insular and unable to reach out for help.

Really, the only difference between you, me, and him, is that somewhere within us we still had the flickering of some sort of power to fight back. He, poor sod, did not.

ETA- you may feel just now that you could never do that again, once you are out of that place it seems.ludicrous that you felt that bad in the first place but that is because rational thought processes have returned. But you can never be sure that it won't strike again - I genuinely hope for your sake it never does, but I have been living with this on and off all my adult life, and know that it can recur without warning.

Last edited:
I have a friend who's father Hung himself after his business went bust she found him and has never been the same since, bet he never thought of that before he did it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

How do you know what he thought? You tell me not to make assumptions about you, but you are perfectly happy to make them about other people.
Seriously, as has been said, let's just let this go. No-one will ever know what went through his mind to make him do this. But its done. And its a lesson to all of us never to assume that the happy acting person you see is in a good place.

MadameLaMinx said:
How do you know what he thought? You tell me not to make assumptions about you, but you are perfectly happy to make them about other people.
Seriously, as has been said, let's just let this go. No-one will ever know what went through his mind to make him do this. But its done. And its a lesson to all of us never to assume that the happy acting person you see is in a good place.

All I said was I bet he never thought about who was going to find him hanging jeesh keep your knickers on! I thought this was supposed to be a friendly forum!

And I was talking about my friends dad not Gary speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back