Gave up smoking and took up eating ;o(

Trash

Still fighting
Ok I've always struggled with my weight in that Ive always been around BMI of 27/28 but 6 months ago I gave up smoking (i used to smoke 30 a day) and since then I have put on nearly a 1.5 stones in weight!

I cant stop eating. I am craving food all day even 10mins after a meal I am craving food! Its driving me insane!

Anybody else feel like this! Every day I say i am starting a sensible diet with calorie counting but I fail after a couple of hours!

Yup. Quit smoking last yr (wooooo!!!) and for ages I was just nibbling all the time!!! I've found SW really easy to follow whilst craving as there's so much 'free' food included in the plan. You actually can munch away mostly guilt free lol your doing better than me anyway!! I piled 2.5 stone on in 9 months. Frankly it was worth it to get off the darn fags!!!

Attachments

• image-3067954531.jpg
    image-3067954531.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 46
Trash said:
Ok I've always struggled with my weight in that Ive always been around BMI of 27/28 but 6 months ago I gave up smoking (i used to smoke 30 a day) and since then I have put on nearly a 1.5 stones in weight!

I cant stop eating. I am craving food all day even 10mins after a meal I am craving food! Its driving me insane!

Anybody else feel like this! Every day I say i am starting a sensible diet with calorie counting but I fail after a couple of hours!

Yep. This happened to me. I developed an insatiable appetite. Sadly I still have it. Find an instead, something to distract you x

Rkmriddell said:
Yep. This happened to me. I developed an insatiable appetite. Sadly I still have it. Find an instead, something to distract you x

Did you turn to food? What would you suggest for distraction?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Zest for Life said:
Did you turn to food? What would you suggest for distraction?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Talk to friends no 1. Cook. Pluck eyebrows. Paint nails. Things that need attention and use hands are best.

Didn't realise i did but yes. Food became my coping mechanism whereas fags were initially. This is definitely where my appetite came though. Could eat a mountain once i stopped smoking :(

Well done you on giving up smoking. There's no better investment for health :)
Would you think of changing your plan to Slimming World, it enables you to eat loads, much of which doesn't need to be counted - it may help

That's gr8, I'm sure it will help you. I did WW for a while, but found it restrictive and soon tired of counting everything.
Looking forward to hearing how you get on x

Back