gazpacho

hyperuk

*spelling! Are there any recipes out there for a cold soup? I love soup but its getting a bit to warm for hot soup now. I know gazpacho is traditionally made with lots of oil so any alternative recipes appreciated!x

Creamy Gazpacho;
25 mins plus chilling, serves 4, free on green and original

1lb 2oz ripe plum or vine tomatoes
1 small cucumber, peeled
1 green pepper, halved and deseeded (in spain I don't use a whole one!)
3 spring onions, chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 1/2 oz very low fat natural yogurt
7fl oz cold water
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Garnish;
finely diced tomato, cucumber, yellow pepper and red onion
finely chopped coriander or parsley
very low fat natural yogurt

Immerse tomatoes in bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then remove and peel away the skins. Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper and place in a food processor with the spring onions, chilli, garlic, wine vinegar, yogurt and water. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.

Pour blended soup into a large bowl and season to taste. Cover and chill in fridge for several hours.

To make garnish, mix the diced vegetables with the herbs and place in small individual serviing dishes. Put yogurt in a separate bowl. Serve the gazpacho, ladle it into chilled bowls. Let guests help themselves to the garnishes

I was just making a normal hot soup and realised that I wouldn't want to be doing this in the height of the summer so I found this one:

Gazpacho Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Obviously you would need to use passata/triturado instead of tomato juice and sweetener instead of sugar but it sounds really easy and perhaps worth a go.

Back