GemBritney LL Diary

Bowels are the bain of our life on this diet for sure, either too much one way or the other lol

Loving the avatar, second the great legs comment. Very slick looking xx

Congrats on the 2lbs - five days in. I think that is good!

Ahhh...probs of the bowel...a topic very common on here. Happy to hear you had results and weren't out and about then.........follow through with a sneeky toot.
xx

Lol at you both on the 'loo talk' funny thing i just got off the phone to my Mum saying, 'I think i'm bunged up!!!! Its TOTM Mum so could be that adding to it!' What are we like, our live becomes food packs, water and lootimes!! Well done on the two pound loss-thats great!!

thanks girls...... i love our poop talk hehehe adds light to the convo x

Lol at the toilet humour. great we can be honest on here eh!

I'm normally pretty good but, not been for 6 days ...I have changed to mostly shakes ...so maybe thats what it is ...not right though.

xxxx

Oh maybe take a dulcolax hun xx

Apparently Glycereen (totally made the spelling up lol) suppositries (and this spelling lol) they work wonders within 20 minutes xx

Gembritney said:
HEHE glad i cheered u up...
Well i have managed to fart and poo so its all good in the hood lol.
U MADE ME LAUGH about when u said about the WHAT IF when riding chester!!! poor horse would wonder what the runny warm sensation was hahaha xxxx

Lmao how funny!!

Oh poor Chester, bless him lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Week 20 Day 1

Went to Docs today for my monthly check up, and a query abotu my loose skin... I am really concerned about this you see. I feel at the weight i am now, i shouldnt really have this big bulge and the saggy skin is getting me down too. I spoke to my Doc about this and i know im not entitled to any surgery to help me. So i said to her, since loosing the weight im getting more down and un confident coz i cant stand the sight of all this excess skin. She gave me some advice which i am going to take.. She says to try Pilates.... apparently it strengthens ur core muscles in the tummy and also helps tighten ur noo noo aswell ;).
Yes i am very proud of myself for loosing 5.5 stone and still need to pinch myself to see that it really is true..BUT im still left with the skin Problem. I have 19lbs left to loose to take me to 11stone that kinda weight loss could have even a bigger impact on skin! Now im not happy with my weight yet i want to get to my goal BUT i dont want loose stupid skin either.
We cant win can we! I mean even with clothes the bulge still shows so when people say the clothes cover it... they dont looks awful from the side!

I dont want to sound ungrateful and selfish and i know theres people worse off than me but this gets me down xx

Gembritney said:
Week 20 Day 1

Went to Docs today for my monthly check up, and a query abotu my loose skin... I am really concerned about this you see. I feel at the weight i am now, i shouldnt really have this big bulge and the saggy skin is getting me down too. I spoke to my Doc about this and i know im not entitled to any surgery to help me. So i said to her, since loosing the weight im getting more down and un confident coz i cant stand the sight of all this excess skin. She gave me some advice which i am going to take.. She says to try Pilates.... apparently it strengthens ur core muscles in the tummy and also helps tighten ur noo noo aswell ;).
Yes i am very proud of myself for loosing 5.5 stone and still need to pinch myself to see that it really is true..BUT im still left with the skin Problem. I have 19lbs left to loose to take me to 11stone that kinda weight loss could have even a bigger impact on skin! Now im not happy with my weight yet i want to get to my goal BUT i dont want loose stupid skin either.
We cant win can we! I mean even with clothes the bulge still shows so when people say the clothes cover it... they dont looks awful from the side!

I dont want to sound ungrateful and selfish and i know theres people worse off than me but this gets me down xx

Aw hun, snap for sure!! It's so strange how the loose skin isn't an issue and then wham it hits you like a ton of bricks. Ate you going to try pilates?

You are not ungrateful about the weightloss I can tell in your posts, but I guess you have offset the loose skin to something and it just happens to be that! Given the option of being overweight and having loose skin which would it be?? I know what it is for me.

We have the same goal now, bet you still hit yours before me lol xxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies,
i know which I'd rather have, but I am a lot older than either of you. Having just had my surgery it has confirmed what i always thought, I wouldn't have it voluntarily to get rid of loose skin.
Good news - it is true that the loose skin does improve quite dramatically over the next few months after you reach goal.
I lost 12 stone and I know I look and feel a hundred times better than I did before.
Exercise, especially swimming. Moisturising creams and lotions, bio oil, CBT and time all make such a difference.
Lycra - supportive vest tops with built in bra with a pretty loose shirt over the top.
SPANX (and cheaper alternatives - Matalan is good) for fitted clothes and special occasions.
It isn't as bad as you think too. Remember how you used to worry that people would wonder why you weren't eating and then no-one noticed? Others are more interested in themselves than us.
This is just my opinion. I know other people have surgery to get rid of loose skin and are really happy with it.
How fantastic you have lost so much weight to be worried about loose skin. Congratulations.

Thst all sounds great to me, I'm not at the stsge yet where I have hanging skin, but it will come, I agree with all the above points about swimming, I have noticed my tummy and legs looking leaner, still huge, but leamer.
Give it a go, my LLC said her skin contracted over 12-24 months, she lost 6 stone and it seems not too noticeable depending on style of clothes she wears, and she did no exercise! Could just be lucky. There were some soap and glory creams mentioned on another thread, that they were raving about. I started a new thread to ask which ones as I could not find the thread, again .......
We have to put it into context, obesely (spelling) overweight does lots more damage mentally and physically.

When you get to the stage when yoi have lost so much weight, you have done so so well, keep that in mind, I am sorry it has suddenly become a problem for you.
Jx

Yup... as said, it takes a while for the skin to retract a bit... in fact, they recommend you wait 2 years for any post-weight loss surgery as it takes that long for everything to settle, skin to retract, fat to move about or whatever! Lol... ok, so I don't know all the details, but it does improve continually over 2 years... :)

I have it a bit after my 5 stone loss too, and it gets me down, especially on my bust... but they look fine in a bra, and in my opinion it's better than being the unhealthy weight I was... so, yes, we must just weigh it up... bet you look fab anyway hun!! :D

xx

Weigh it up Pinkie - nice one !!!
:mad::mad:

Aw hun, snap for sure!! It's so strange how the loose skin isn't an issue and then wham it hits you like a ton of bricks. Ate you going to try pilates?

You are not ungrateful about the weightloss I can tell in your posts, but I guess you have offset the loose skin to something and it just happens to be that! Given the option of being overweight and having loose skin which would it be?? I know what it is for me.

We have the same goal now, bet you still hit yours before me lol xxxxxxxx

I know for certain i never wanna be fat again... it ruined my life at the time and i was so miserable and the health issues were horrible. Really think Pilates will help me, but once again, as you have also said in the past, im "weighing up" whether to start it now, and possibly slow my weight loss down or "weight" till i have reached goal and then start.. (or will the damage be ireversable by then)??? grrrr what a prediciment! x

Hi Ladies,
i know which I'd rather have, but I am a lot older than either of you. Having just had my surgery it has confirmed what i always thought, I wouldn't have it voluntarily to get rid of loose skin.
Good news - it is true that the loose skin does improve quite dramatically over the next few months after you reach goal.
I lost 12 stone and I know I look and feel a hundred times better than I did before.
Exercise, especially swimming. Moisturising creams and lotions, bio oil, CBT and time all make such a difference.
Lycra - supportive vest tops with built in bra with a pretty loose shirt over the top.
SPANX (and cheaper alternatives - Matalan is good) for fitted clothes and special occasions.
It isn't as bad as you think too. Remember how you used to worry that people would wonder why you weren't eating and then no-one noticed? Others are more interested in themselves than us.
This is just my opinion. I know other people have surgery to get rid of loose skin and are really happy with it.
How fantastic you have lost so much weight to be worried about loose skin. Congratulations.

Im really sorry SB :( how selfish of me, theres me questioning surgery and your had to have it without any choice... i have such a big mouth im sorry.
I know i should feel happy with myself for loosing the weight and i am and you have made me re think how i feel about my body. big hugs xxx

Yup... as said, it takes a while for the skin to retract a bit... in fact, they recommend you wait 2 years for any post-weight loss surgery as it takes that long for everything to settle, skin to retract, fat to move about or whatever! Lol... ok, so I don't know all the details, but it does improve continually over 2 years... :)

I have it a bit after my 5 stone loss too, and it gets me down, especially on my bust... but they look fine in a bra, and in my opinion it's better than being the unhealthy weight I was... so, yes, we must just weigh it up... bet you look fab anyway hun!! :D

xx

Thanks Pinkie, thats given me hope , its very clever the Skin! how it can retract and settle over time! im gonna continue with my daily moisturising regime with my firming body tonic by Garnier.... (1/2 price in Tesco) just to give u all a heads up ;) x

Back