Gemma's diary to slimdom!

Gemma79

I will do this!
Ok so here it is, the eve before I start my new journey, my 2nd time on a vlcd, but the 1st on exante.

my story so far: I have been over weight all my adult life until February 2010 when after 5 months of LL I reached my goal weight and felt amazing. I really enjoyed my time on LL, I had a great councellor and loved the whole re-evaluation of my eating habits, and the whole self discovery. I found it really eye opening and it has helped to change the way I think and act. It was a good time in my life and being thin was everything I hoped and wished it would be. It didn't change me as a person, but it gave me confidence and self belief and allowed me to be more assertive, quite important in my job as a social worker. After 2months at goal we decided to try for our 2nd child
and fell pregnant august last year. I gave birth to a happy, healthy baby boy on 27th April, however as well as growing a baby I changed all my new found 'rules' and ate whatever I liked. Needless to say I am now 5 stone heavier! I have lost 10lb, so have just over 4 stone to lose to get back to my target weight. I have joined the gym and have found a love of exercise. I have been following a 5%fat diet, taking xenical pills from my gp. At first this was how I wanted to do things and although I've been losing weight, it's slow and I remember how fast vlcd Is and so have decided to do it again.

I have only ordered the products today, so hopefully they arrive tomorrow, if not I do still have some LL products left so will start with them until my exante arrives.

I'm on maternity leave until September so would like to see a stone or 2 off before then. I am reading a good book to help me on my journey, 'eating less' and also reminding myself of my LL therapy. so I'm actually sat here quite excited, a sense of control is coming. Although I feel most of my eating has been controlled and for hunger and nutrition, there was still the emotional eating at times so I'm looking forward to abstinence and the time away from food this diet gives you to reflect and discover who you are.

My main motivation for this diet is to be a healthy mum, wife, person. That is my goal, to run and not be weary! I hope you all have a great Thursday, i'm looking forward to mine!

welcome gemma and good luck! i ordered mine last nite so cant wait to get started when they arrive. im aimin for 2 stone off by the end of september, jus gona take alot of willpower... we can do it!

Hi beach body, will look forward to reading how you get on, we can do this, just remember this is a choice we are making, we are not in prison.

so day 1, water in hand and feeling really good. Bottoms up and here's to quick ketosis! Hope you are all having a lovely Thursday!

Hi Gemma
Good luck for today! It feels great to take control back from the food doesn't it!
Gorgeous boys in your pic - so cute!
LED x

Hi Gemma
Good luck for today! It feels great to take control back from the food doesn't it!
Gorgeous boys in your pic - so cute!
LED x

thank you so much, they mean the world to me, I want to be a happy, healthy mum for them.

Well my exante hasn't arrived yet and I am starting to get hungry so I've just had my LL porridge that I had left, tasted good, just how I remember it. Also had over 1 litre of water so far so that's going well too. Feeling possitive, but I'm sure that will change over the next few days! haha

Hope your packs arrive soon :) welcome and good luck :D

thanks DQ - packs have still not arrived, so popped to asda and got some of those measure up bars everyones talking about, bagin for £2. Had the chocolate toffee one for lunch and was nice. Hungry is staying away for now, long may it!

I also got some of the asda tetras, are we allowed to drink those on exante?

Gemma79 said:
thanks DQ - packs have still not arrived, so popped to asda and got some of those measure up bars everyones talking about, bagin for £2. Had the chocolate toffee one for lunch and was nice. Hungry is staying away for now, long may it!

I also got some of the asda tetras, are we allowed to drink those on exante?

No I don't think the asda shakes are allowed as they don't have all the bits and mins and I think they are higher in sugar

thanks DQ - I won't be using the 2 I have got then!

MY ordered still hasn't arrived, I thought it was meant to be next day delivery? ThankfullyI do have about 6 more LL packs so will be OK, but would have been mightily annoyed if I had done day 1 for nothing!

Still doing OK, but it was hard late afternoon when I was hungry. Just played with son and tried to take my mind off things and it did pass.

Hubby is out at badminton tonight so think a long soak in the bath and time to paint my nails to take my mind off the hunger that is bound to resurface. I keep reminding myself this is a choice I am making, to better my life, no one is forcing me to do this, I am choosing it and I know the results. I also visualised me when I was slim and that seemed to give me motivation. Hope you all are well.

Gemma79 said:
thanks DQ - I won't be using the 2 I have got then!

MY ordered still hasn't arrived, I thought it was meant to be next day delivery? ThankfullyI do have about 6 more LL packs so will be OK, but would have been mightily annoyed if I had done day 1 for nothing!

Still doing OK, but it was hard late afternoon when I was hungry. Just played with son and tried to take my mind off things and it did pass.

Hubby is out at badminton tonight so think a long soak in the bath and time to paint my nails to take my mind off the hunger that is bound to resurface. I keep reminding myself this is a choice I am making, to better my life, no one is forcing me to do this, I am choosing it and I know the results. I also visualised me when I was slim and that seemed to give me motivation. Hope you all are well.

When did you order?

I ordered yesterday about 1pm, got an email this evening telling me I will receive the packs tomorrow so pleased about that.

Had a LL vanilla shake with coffee, hot, earlier. Was really yummy and happy to remember that taste. Got 1 more pack as done LL today so will enjoy a hot chocolate later. Been a good day, feeling really happy and positive, can't wait to start seeing this weight go, for good this time!

Gemma79 said:
I ordered yesterday about 1pm, got an email this evening telling me I will receive the packs tomorrow so pleased about that.

Had a LL vanilla shake with coffee, hot, earlier. Was really yummy and happy to remember that taste. Got 1 more pack as done LL today so will enjoy a hot chocolate later. Been a good day, feeling really happy and positive, can't wait to start seeing this weight go, for good this time!

Ahhh see 1pm is the cut off I think :( if you get the order in before 1pm it should come next working day :)
Great glad it's coming :) good luck x

Hello Gemma and welcome to the exante losers club ;)!! You sound really positive so I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. Hope your packs arrive safe and sound for day 2 :D xx

Woho my packs have arrived! Having my first strawberry shake one, it's actually really nice, a lot thicker than LL shakes and the bars look nice, looking forward to that later. Let's get day 2 under my belt! Off to the pub later with friends, some who don't know I am doing the diet, but it's not unusual for me to have just water so should be fine. Fe ing really positive and in control, for now at least!

Gemma79 said:
Woho my packs have arrived! Having my first strawberry shake one, it's actually really nice, a lot thicker than LL shakes and the bars look nice, looking forward to that later. Let's get day 2 under my belt! Off to the pub later with friends, some who don't know I am doing the diet, but it's not unusual for me to have just water so should be fine. Fe ing really positive and in control, for now at least!

Yayyyy hope you enjoy them all :) good luck at el pubbo ;)

Oh my word, just had lunch, choc orange bar and really enjoyed it. I had told myself it didn't matter what they taste like, this diet is about so much more than that, but it helps that I actually find them tasty!

Just about to cook son and hubby dinner and the hunger pangs have started! Gurgling tummy, well I guess this is what I wanted, sooner they are here, sooner they can go and we can welcome ketosis and metal mouth haha!

Just about to cook son and hubby dinner and the hunger pangs have started! Gurgling tummy, well I guess this is what I wanted, sooner they are here, sooner they can go and we can welcome ketosis and metal mouth haha!

I've got to admire people who can cook for others on a vlcd! It would be torture for me, so well done! :)

Well last night went well, had a lovely evening 1 diet coke and lots of water. Feeling good today. Had a banana shake this morning, lovely too! Now off to Oxford for the weekend to see the in laws, hopefully they wont be too disappointed and understand why I am doing this diet. They are all really thin and struggled to understand why I did LL, but they've never had a food addiction.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Back