Gemma's Diary

Gemha

Hi, I have completed my weeks re-feed and thought I'd join you over here to keep a diary on what I'm eating and how I'm doing.

My start weight was 13st 10lbs, my finishing weight on LT was 11st 2lb and I have lost a further 3lbs on refeeding. My weight now is 10st 13lbs - never thought I'd be writing that :eek:.

I very much doubt this is going to be interesting but hope it will keep me on the right track - I give my full permission for you to give me a kick up the backside should it be needed!

Here goes

Breakfast - vanilla shake (using up the supply I have)
Lunch - cottage cheese and ham sandwich, grapes and a shape zero yoghurt
Dinner - 1/2 portion of river cobbler cooked with lemon, jacket potato, garden peas and brocolli

Last edited:
Hi Gemha and welcome!!! Congratulations on your fantastic TFR and great refeed :D:D

Menu looks brilliant - just curious as to why you only had half a portion of river cobbler?

Looking forward to getting to know you :) xx

Gemma, well done on your TFR journey. Doubly well done on losing another three pounds on refeed.
Keep a record of your menus whilst you get your head around maintenance. It really does help.
The only advice I can offer is to keep a careful watch on portion sizes. It is so easy to overdo it. Using a smaller plate is a good tip too. Also keep up the water habit you will have gained on TFR. I drink about 500mls either just before or with every meal and it really helps keep the appetite in check.
Have a great week.

Thank you - I'm struggling to eat large amounts so though I would have half and then will have the rest tonight.

I definately need to remember to carry on with the drinking (water!!!)as I don't think I have drank enough the last couple of days.

Today has been slightly bad - children's party arrgghh.

Breakfast - 1 weetabix
snack - banana
lunch - triangle of egg may sandwich, small sausage roll, a thin finger slice of pizza and cheese.
snack - shape zero yoghurt
Dinner - same as last night

Quite dissappointed in today, looking over it I could of had a proper lunch before the party and then I wouldn't of been hungry/tempted there

ETA - I have bought size 12 leggings and trousers today - yay

Hi Gemma WELCOME to maintenance!

your food lists are very interesting to us so do post. Well done for losing the weight and getting to maintenance and looking at size 12 clothes. I've been in maintenance for 5 weeks roughly now and am still below my tfr finish weight so it can be done and I have cheaty fun foods a lot, I just go back to good days in between.

Good luck, you'll get lots of support here. x

Thank you - still quite scared about being let loose in the world of food again!!

I found it easier being at work today.

B - 1 weetabix
L - Small salad with a slice of ham and balsamic vinegar
D - Chicken stirfry in black bean sauce with rice noodles, shape zero yoghurt

Snack - banana

1hr of legs, bums and tums - not going to be able to walk tomorrow!

Food IS daunting after a stint on TFR!! You're doing well though AND exercising!! Good for you :D xx

Hey, good luck on maintenance, will be interested to read your menus and hopefully get some idea of what to do for mine. I can already see from reading u's that i'm definitely eating too much.. so maybe u'll keep me in check too. good luck, u've done great xx

Thank you Missy - hope you do well too.
Jan - I definately need to tone up ;)

Another [STRIKE]hard[/STRIKE] crap day at work (can't wait for everything to be resolved!) and the thought of alcohol came to mind on the way home but drove straight past the shop :D

Tues 9 Nov
B - 30g cornflakes
L - small dish of chicken stirfry
* satsuma
D - Chicken curry (homemade) with small portion of rice

don't think I have drank enough today - will try harder tomorrow

I definitely need to tone up too ... not that I'm doing anything about it ;)

Well done on resisting the alcohol - that's my downfall!! Yes do try to keep your water intake up!

BTW - How do you write a word and then cross it out (or am I being really thick!?!) xx

Well done on your journey to get here, your menu's are looking good, and well done on the exercise.

Yeah, I need to tone up too.......but struggle with exercise.

PS Jan, I want (did) to score a word out too lol, but cheated by copying and pasting. Haha it didnt work.

Alcohol was my downfall before losing the weight and I'm determined not to go down that track again (until christmas!!;))

To cross out a word you need to be in the advanced bit, type the word and then highlight it and click on the [STRIKE]S[/STRIKE] button which is the 3rd one in from the right on the second row!! (clear as mud)

Wed 10 Nov
B - 30g cornflakes
L- small bowl of chicken curry
*satsuma & banana
D - chicken curry and chicken stir fry left overs (to use up), shape zero yogurt

2ltrs of water and 2 coffees

oh my goodness Mary have just looked at your pictures - you have done fantastic x

Hi Gemha, how are you finding food now, enjoying it much. Your menu looks good lots of curry lol. It will take a while to get your confidence up with food I think. I weigh myself every 3-4 days to keep an eye on the numbers.

[STRIKE]
Oh Yeah
[/STRIKE] I see :D:D:D Ta xxx

No problem Jan

Still finding food daunting which is why I seem to be sticking with the same things, well that and perhaps cooking too much!

Do you still go to the chemist and get weighed, if not when did you all stop and trust yourselves on your own scales!?!

Ooo crumbs no - not after 17 months ... I haven't weighed in the chemist since my 2 week refeed. I DID buy a good set of scales that weighs in 10ths of a lb. You'll soon get used to it all :) xx

Alcohol was my downfall before losing the weight and I'm determined not to go down that track again (until christmas!!;))

To cross out a word you need to be in the advanced bit, type the word and then highlight it and click on the [STRIKE]S[/STRIKE] button which is the 3rd one in from the right on the second row!! (clear as mud)

Wed 10 Nov
B - 30g cornflakes
L- small bowl of chicken curry
*satsuma & banana
D - chicken curry and chicken stir fry left overs (to use up), shape zero yogurt

2ltrs of water and 2 coffees

I still cant find the strike button.......:cry:

oh my goodness Mary have just looked at your pictures - you have done fantastic x

Thank you Gem, but I am about a stone heavier than that pic now, but back on track from today.

Mary - it's on the toolbar on the advanced reply page, 3rd from the right xx

Back