Gemma's Diary

There's no rhyme or reason is there? I dropped 8lb last week but went back up 4 a day later. I don't trust them at all! Bloody things rule my mood too so I think having set my goal at 1lb a week there really is no reason to weigh more than once a week.

How long into your plan are you? I've been swapping diets for 2 years & have lost 2 stone so far, with another 3 to come off this year!

So busy at work today - it's 4:05pm & I've just sat down to have lunch! I'm only on just over 300 calories so far so think today is going to be a low one

Thank you for the subscribe!

I'm trying to regulate my meal times more from today, I'm finding myself so busy at work that I don't eat all day & then eat loads at nighttime which feels really unhealthy.

Going to the gym for the first time in months today, it's opposite my office so super convenient

I'm feeling really good! Have eaten 1,259 calories & been to the gym at lunchtime. Gym was just half an hour but I'm going to be going regularly.

Food wise, I had a banana & cinnamon granola bar for breakfast, lunch was prawn salad & dinner was sweet potato falafel which I could eat all day.

Not weighing for 2 weeks & am going to Boots to do it so I have reliable scales. I know these small daily changes will really add up to some great weight loss in a few months

Hi

Do you have a recipe and calorie count for the falafel pls?

Hi Minzie - I don't have the recipe, sorry, I buy them from Waitrose & they're 125 calories for 2 & quite filling x

Day 1 of Josie Gibson's 30 second slim. Started on level 1 & was challenging enough! Enjoyed doing it though

Had a mumtaz curry last night so haven't calorie counted. Had a protein shake today so far.
I do tend to eat out & each rich foods on a weekend so I'm going to really try to do 2 fast days a week to allow me to do that without feeling guilty.

I've had chocolate a couple of times in January but I haven't binged on it which is good, I think I just need to keep mindful of it & don't have it in the house in the false hope that I can have it there & dip in on it only occasionally!

No idea what weight is, I weighed at Boots last Tuesday & am going to go back at the end of February to weigh in. Aiming for 7lbs by then.

Going to the gym again at lunchtime tomorrow & may get up early to do Josie DVD

Iv just bought her other DVD , guna give it a go this afternoon !

I'm trying something new today. I'm trying not to track calories & to eat what I want as long as I'm hungry & not eating for any other reason. It feels weird, scary & liberating.

I wasn't hungry this morning so I ate a pear at my desk mid - morning. By 12 I was hungry & ate a banana & 2 satsumas. I've just had a late lunch with a friend in Starbucks & chose the falafel salad. I'm eating what I want to, not because it's diet food or because it's within my calorie allowance.

I'm doing this because I've noticed two things about myself. I binge when I say that I can start again tomorrow, and I binge when I go slightly over my calorie count. If I go a bit over it's like a switch goes & I can't stop eating even though I know I'm not hungry anymore. So I'm trying this. I don't know how it'll pan out but I do know that I'm so sick of trying different diets, binging & telling myself I can try again tomorrow.

Iv kinda been doing that this week, if it's been healthy food iv not been too fussed about counting the calories !

Went to Wetherspoons last night. They print nutrition information on their menus & it was eye opening. The meal I would normally choose, including dessert was nearly 2,000 calories. No wonder I'm carrying so much timber!

I had a pasta dish from their 500 calorie range instead & it was honestly filling & satisfying. Knowledge is power. I couldn't believe the chocolate fudge cake was over 800 calories!

It's nuts isn't it?! Really makes you consider whether the particular item is "worth" the calories. I found this even more when I started exercising and knew how hard it is to burn off a measley 200/300 calories! Glad you enjoyed the pasta :)

Well I lost 5lbs last week & am getting better at my exercise DVD - I've still had to stop to be sick the last two times I've done it, but in a perverse way I quite like pushing myself.

I'm in a good place mentally, I know if I keep on like this I'll be at goal by the summer x

Another 2lb of fat gone from my body. I've slacked on exercise recently so making an effort to plan it in this week.
Really focusing on getting this weight off before summer stars

Trying 5:2 with calorie counting. Today is my first fast day & I almost gave up a couple of hours ago but it's 4pm now so I'm thinking it's not worth eating now & spoiling the day. I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes by.

Back