Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Journey

First weigh in today = -10lbs!!!! Sooo happy, seeing the numbers go down really makes me get my game face on!! Bring on the next 11 weeks!! :D

Oh a massive well done Fairyhobnob :) that's such a good loss on your first week. It really does make you more determined to stick to it as the results speak for themselves!! :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Gemz, hope today hasn't been too stressful? I started this morning and still going strong! :)
x

Hi Gemz, hope today hasn't been too stressful? I started this morning and still going strong! :)
x

Hi Alli, so how has your first day on the plan been? What have you had?
Today has been a wee bit stressful but also busy and fun :) x

Gemzo84 said:
Hi Alli, so how has your first day on the plan been? What have you had?
Today has been a wee bit stressful but also busy and fun :) x

I had a chocolate shake for breakfast, blended with skimmed milk from my allowance. then mid morning I had a strawberry tetra. for lunch I had prawn salad with some vinegarette.. for dinner I had the maple and pecan porridge but that was discusting I had to chuck it :( so I'm starving!! just drinking water now to fill me up.

feeling quite good about it all still but jus wondering how il feel tomorrow lol

glad you've had a good day :)

xx

I had a chocolate shake for breakfast, blended with skimmed milk from my allowance. then mid morning I had a strawberry tetra. for lunch I had prawn salad with some vinegarette.. for dinner I had the maple and pecan porridge but that was discusting I had to chuck it :( so I'm starving!! just drinking water now to fill me up.

feeling quite good about it all still but jus wondering how il feel tomorrow lol

glad you've had a good day :)

xx

I've always wondered what the shakes would taste like blended with milk because they are really nice with just water so I bet they are so thick n creamy with milk, when I'm on step 2 this will be top of the to do list lol :)
I'm with you on the porridge, I found it very difficult to eat, taste and texture is disgusting, I didn't order any after week 1. Drink lots of water to get over the hunger feeling. Well done on day 1, your only a couple of days away from ketosis now :D xx

Gemzo84 said:
I've always wondered what the shakes would taste like blended with milk because they are really nice with just water so I bet they are so thick n creamy with milk, when I'm on step 2 this will be top of the to do list lol :)
I'm with you on the porridge, I found it very difficult to eat, taste and texture is disgusting, I didn't order any after week 1. Drink lots of water to get over the hunger feeling. Well done on day 1, your only a couple of days away from ketosis now :D xx

it was actually nice! I'm going to bingo tomorrow after work so will find it difficult to resist chips! I was told by my consultant that I wouldn't be in ketosis as on 810, but someone on here said if I stick to the lower carb food choices then I will be.

are you on SS+ now? I've had about 2 l of water today but will aim for more tomorrow. luckily I only bought two porridges so have one left, I will save that until Sunday as will see my consultant before then.

are you staying in your new house tonight then? xx

You'll find it hard when you catch a whiff of them :O I'm doing the odd SS+ day here and there but will be going on it permanently soon I think next week.
No we don't move in for another 2 weeks, we got keys today but don't need to hand keys to the flat were currently in for 2 weeks so we'll be busy decorating and stuff before we actually move which is great rather than living in a work site.
Were you off work today? xx

This is such a good motivational idea :)

image-787602975.jpg

image-478853126.jpg

image-2092339324.jpg

MOTIVATION = SATISFACTION !!!

Gemzo84 said:
You'll find it hard when you catch a whiff of them :O I'm doing the odd SS+ day here and there but will be going on it permanently soon I think next week.
No we don't move in for another 2 weeks, we got keys today but don't need to hand keys to the flat were currently in for 2 weeks so we'll be busy decorating and stuff before we actually move which is great rather than living in a work site.
Were you off work today? xx

Very good pictures! it's good you have the old place for another two weeks to help you decorate etc :)
no, was at work yesterday :) I've woken up very hungry but had a good sleep so that's part of the battle!
have a good day chick x x

Very good pictures! it's good you have the old place for another two weeks to help you decorate etc :)
no, was at work yesterday :) I've woken up very hungry but had a good sleep so that's part of the battle!
have a good day chick x x

Good luck for day 2 :) xx

Gemzo84 said:
Good luck for day 2 :) xx

thank you Gemz :) hope you've had a good day x

So how many weeks gone are you and how much weight did you loose on ss? Am in my week 2 of ss and in my wk1 I lost 10lbs so excited

Hi Nebogu
I'm on week 7 day 5 today, been doing SS with the odd SS+ (more often recently though)
First week lost 9 1/4 lbs, 10 days later 5 lbs and 7 days later 3lbs. It's been 14 days since my last weigh in but tonight's the night :D can't wait to see how I've done.
Well done you on losing 10lb on week 1, that's great :) how you finding week 2? X

Day 39 ( yesterday)

Was such a busy day again. I now officially hate stripping wallpaper lol got that to look forward to today haha...
Breakfast - Banana Shake
Lunch - Oriental Chilli Soup
Diner - Lemon Yogurt Bar
Desert - Strawberry Mousse

Tonight's weigh in time finally :D I'm excited!! Also getting my measurements taken again.
Then I'm out for diner with OH's parents as a thank you meal for there help with buying the house ect. It's a bar grill/Indian place so will need to find something suitable to eat.
Will report back later with result and what I ate.
Hope you all have a great day :) xx

Last edited:
Morning Gem,
Good luck with your WI tonight, seems like its taken ages to come round. Im sure the result will be worth the wait!!
Ive been off plan since last Wed because i was on antibiotics, and now im finished them but im going out friday sat and sunday so i cant justify wasting 2 days of shakes (the expence of them i mean) up until then. So i STS this week which i totally expected to put on so im quite happy. But obviously will probably put a shedload on this weekend so i will be back on monday with vengeance 100% :)

Cant wait to hear how you got on...and enjoy your meal out :) x

Gemzo84 said:
Morning Alli,
How you going? Feeling? Ect x

Hey

Good luck for WI tonight, bet it's been a long two weeks!! have fun at your meal too :)

I'm feeling ok considering this is my 3rd 8-6 shift since starting the plan but will be glad of a day off tomorrow. I have felt weak in the mornings but as the days have progressed they get better xx

Morning Gem,
Good luck with your WI tonight, seems like its taken ages to come round. Im sure the result will be worth the wait!!
Ive been off plan since last Wed because i was on antibiotics, and now im finished them but im going out friday sat and sunday so i cant justify wasting 2 days of shakes (the expence of them i mean) up until then. So i STS this week which i totally expected to put on so im quite happy. But obviously will probably put a shedload on this weekend so i will be back on monday with vengeance 100% :)

Cant wait to hear how you got on...and enjoy your meal out :) x

Hi Sian,
Hope your feeling better from your illness, did the antibiotics to the trick? Your body will have needed the food to get better. Not long till your girlie weekend now eh? I'm well jel haha :) just enjoy and get the serious CD head back on on Monday!!

I only lost 3lb :( 14 days of SS/SS+ only to lose 3 measly lbs :( really don't know what to think of that 1....current weight 10.12 1/4 lb
1 good thing is goodbye 11's xx

Weigh in tonight was a big let down only lost 3lb in the last 2 weeks of SS/SS+ without so much as a cheat of food passing my lips, I could have cried there and then. Especially with my mood being quite low this week.
Went straight out for diner afterwards which could have went completely tits up but opted for a no carb meal.
Totally deflated!! :( x

Gemzo84 said:
Weigh in tonight was a big let down only lost 3lb in the last 2 weeks of SS/SS+ without so much as a cheat of food passing my lips, I could have cried there and then. Especially with my mood being quite low this week.
Went straight out for diner afterwards which could have went completely tits up but opted for a no carb meal.
Totally deflated!! :( x

Aww gem try not to be disenheartened from
it, I can only imagine how your feeling thought. how much have you lost overall? as that's the bigger picture. has your consultant said anything to you?
well done for sticking at it at dinner, if that was me I would be thinking sod it. you have done so well in the last 7 weeks
xxx

Back