gemmaxgemmas new sw diary :)

gemmaxgemma

Well today I have decided to start a food diary as I have been a bit slack recently! Hopefully it will help me stay a bit more focused :)

Am using EE as have used it before and am pretty familiar with how it works..... i think!

When I went to group last year (!) was pretty much the same weight, and was told to aim for 10 syns a day - but will be hoping to bank up a few to use at the weekend over a few bevvie's (that will probably mean all of them then!)

Does anyone else do this?? Not sure if banking syns and splurging them on alcohol is really a good idea for weightloss but I do find I drink most weekends.

Anyway, here goes :) ....

B: bananna & black coffee

L: 2x wholemeal nimble (hexB), ham, cheese (hexA), 2xtsp extra light mayo (1syn), e.light butter (1syn)
Low fat yoghurt (1.5syn) - run out of muller lights eeek!

Snack: small tin of spaghetti hoops - 0 syns I think??????????

Will be going for a walk with the dog in a bit

Reallly craving some choccy! Hmmph must be totm due - another low fat yoghurt @ 1.5 syns, what a piggy!

D: will be - chilli chicken noodles- plum sauce (1.5 syn), 1/2 tsp vegetable oil ( 1syn)

Ps i feel like im eating loads?! ??

2 x vodka 35ml 8 syns

Syns: 15

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi,

Happy Thursday, its nearly the weekend :)

Back at work today, hopefuly will stop me snacking!
Have a headache today - that may be the reason why!!

Am trying to drink a lot more water today but am finding it hard as i dont really fancy it some days. Will maybe have some green tea, need to cut down the coffee!

B:
low fat fruit yoghurt (1.5syns)
Banana

Snack:
black coffee
Banana
Fox's crunch cream (4syns)

L:
Tesco instant chicken noodles (2.5syns)
2xWholemeal Nimble (HexB)
E.l butter x2 tsp (1syn)
Marmite (yum!)

Can of diet coke to pick me up a bit mid pm! Lol

D: (will be)
2x smoked salmon fillets
Loads of broccoli carrots peas and cauliflower

Excercise: some dance central on the xbox 360 :)

Dont get paid until next Fri so am a bit skint, therefore not much of the green stuff included within my days at the moment :(

Still, we can only make do with what we have.

I suppose I could have avoided the crunch cream and saves the suns for a drink at the weekend........

Morning :)

Am not going to even go into the last few days! I have had mainly sw meals but WAY too many syns!
Boyfriend has been over and am finding it hard to say no! Its like I have no willpower, when the biscuits are there i have to eat them, not good! Im the same at work aswell. need to sort that out, anyone got any tips on willpower? Lol

So today (Sunday) I am going to do my damndest to stay 100%

I find once I get one 100% day it motivates me a bit more.
Im motivated to loose it anyway so i dont know why i binge :(

B: Had cereal & milk (HeA & B) and a muller light for brekkie.

Am off to Guildford to do someones hair so will take a bananna if i get peckish. Have no idea what I will have the rest of the day so will update later

Snack: bananna

L: rock cake (9 syns), 2 satsumas

D: tuna Sushi

Exercise: 1/2 hr Dance central (dancing game on xbox incase you were wondering! Lol)

Snack: Batchelors cup a pasta - creamy cheese (1.5 syns), mandarines

Total 10.5 syns

X

Last edited:
Ps WI on friday i had lost 1lb which i was quite pleased with considering i had lost my way a but :)

Have got 5 days to make up for the weekend so hoping for a better loss and to stay at 100%

X

Hi Gemma, just popped in to say you are doing really well x

Saving some of your syns for a weekend is absolutely fine hun ;) Just don't deprive yourself too much in the week - we need the odd treat :)

I was getting headaches the first couple of weeks ... I think it's our bodies reacting to the lack of the 'usual' foods it gets fed. They will stop - just reach out for superfree then free in that order if possible and you'll be fine x

Ali* said:
Hi Gemma, just popped in to say you are doing really well x

Saving some of your syns for a weekend is absolutely fine hun ;) Just don't deprive yourself too much in the week - we need the odd treat :)

I was getting headaches the first couple of weeks ... I think it's our bodies reacting to the lack of the 'usual' foods it gets fed. They will stop - just reach out for superfree then free in that order if possible and you'll be fine x

Thanks Ali :) some good advice, i appreciate it
X

Feeling really positive today after a managing a 100% day yesterday on 10.5syns. I still need to save some syns each day so i can have a night out at the weekend but i am feeling a lot more motivated and didnt binge :)

Have a cold again :(
Got up early and started the day off with half hour cardio on the xbox - check me out!

:)

B:
Cereal (hexB)
Milk (hexA)
Muller light

S: bananna

L:
Jacket potato no butter
Baked beans
Muller light

S: Nice biscuit (2syns), tomato & herb cup a pasta (free)

Im sooo hungry today! Maybe because od the exercise this morninf or just feeling under the weather with a cold ... Hmmmm

D:
Tesco hunters chicken (4.5 syns)
Veg
Oven chips (2.5syns)
Muller light

S: Rocky Caramel bar (5syns)
Can of Tango (3 syns)

Syns: 17 :(

Waaaaay too many syns :(

Last edited:
Hi Gemma!

Well done on losing a pound! That's awesome!!
I still can't get to grips with EE.. it doesn't seem to work for me! meh.
Are the cup pastas worth the syns? I miss green days!!!

Good luck with your week xx

Ela ine said:
Hi Gemma!

Well done on losing a pound! That's awesome!!
I still can't get to grips with EE.. it doesn't seem to work for me! meh.
Are the cup pastas worth the syns? I miss green days!!!

Good luck with your week xx

Thanks hun, i seem to find EE quite easy for some reason, theres hardly any thinking involved and i just try to stick to free foods wherever i can. I think using meat/pasta as hea and b would confuse the hell out of me but on ee you can have both :)

The cup a pastas are quite nice and quite filling for a snack but not a main meal. The tomato and herb or vegetable flavours are actually FREE though which is a bonus :)

X

gemmaxgemma said:
Feeling really positive today after a managing a 100% day yesterday on 10.5syns. I still need to save some syns each day so i can have a night out at the weekend but i am feeling a lot more motivated and didnt binge :)

Have a cold again :(
Got up early and started the day off with half hour cardio on the xbox - check me out!

:)

B:
Cereal (hexB)
Milk (hexA)
Muller light

S: bananna

L:
Jacket potato no butter
Baked beans
Muller light

S: Nice biscuit (2syns), tomato & herb cup a pasta (free)

Im sooo hungry today! Maybe because od the exercise this morninf or just feeling under the weather with a cold ... Hmmmm

D:
Tesco hunters chicken (5 syns)
Veg
Oven chips (2.5syns)
Muller light

S: Rocky Caramel bar (5syns)

Syns: 14.5

X

Hmmm, an okay day i guess but still higher than i would like on syns :(

I think i need to focus on having no syns at all suring the day as i tend to use most of my syns in the evening, then i can have an evening treat while being able to save a few syns! X

Hmmm, an okay day i guess but still higher than i would like on syns :(

I think i need to focus on having no syns at all suring the day as i tend to use most of my syns in the evening, then i can have an evening treat while being able to save a few syns! X

I've just come to that conclusion myself hun after totting up today's syns. I usually only syn at night but today I had a packet of crisps (1st packet in a month!) so that was 6.5 syns. I had a dessert tonight which is unusual for me ... another 6.5 syns! Then 6 little cheeky wine gums ... another 4.5 syns!

Bad Ali :sign0007:

Ali* said:
I've just come to that conclusion myself hun after totting up today's syns. I usually only syn at night but today I had a packet of crisps (1st packet in a month!) so that was 6.5 syns. I had a dessert tonight which is unusual for me ... another 6.5 syns! Then 6 little cheeky wine gums ... another 4.5 syns!

Bad Ali :sign0007:

Exzactly! And ivr just done the same thong again today , aaaargh! Lol. No syns tonight for me then! But i am really going to try again tomorrow then i shoul be fine once i get into the habit :) glad im not the only one, thanks :)

X

Exzactly! And ivr just done the same thong again today , aaaargh! Lol. No syns tonight for me then! But i am really going to try again tomorrow then i shoul be fine once i get into the habit :) glad im not the only one, thanks :)

X

Oh I'm not to bad today hun, no syns so far ;) But I've got the outlaws staying over tonight so hubby is making a curry - SW friendly of course ;) But the naan bread, popadoms and wine ARE NOT :D

Ali* said:
Oh I'm not to bad today hun, no syns so far ;) But I've got the outlaws staying over tonight so hubby is making a curry - SW friendly of course ;) But the naan bread, popadoms and wine ARE NOT :D

Yum! Have to treat yourself every so often or you wont stick to it! Hope you enjoy and have a nice night :)

X

Think i got out the wrong side of the bed today, been tired and sluggish and just wanted my bed all day, couldnt wait to finish work. Still managed to stick to plan thouhh pretty much, had a few biscuits for a sugar fix though, all withun syns so not too bad overall. Hopefully i can keep it up for WI on friday. I still feel i am havng too many syns and hopefully tomorow I will be in a better frame of mind to keep them low lol

B: 2 small bananas

L: wholemeal roll (hexB),
Boiled egg & ham
Extra light mayo (0.5syns)

S: 3 x (!) custard creams

D: chicken breasts with lots of vegetables,
Rice pudding (milk hexa)

Syns: 9.5

Excercise: none

X

Think i got out the wrong side of the bed today, been tired and sluggish and just wanted my bed all day, couldnt wait to finish work. Still managed to stick to plan thouhh pretty much, had a few biscuits for a sugar fix though, all withun syns so not too bad overall. Hopefully i can keep it up for WI on friday. I still feel i am havng too many syns and hopefully tomorow I will be in a better frame of mind to keep them low lol

B: 2 small bananas

L: wholemeal roll (hexB),
Boiled egg & ham
Extra light mayo (0.5syns)

S: 3 x (!) custard creams

D: chicken breasts with lots of vegetables,
Rice pudding (milk hexa)

Syns: 9.5

Excercise: none

X

Looks like a red day to me hun - you don't usually have those! Don't forget you can have another HEA and HEB tonight if you get peckish ;)

Don't worry about the custard creams - could've been a lot worse :D

Ali* said:
Looks like a red day to me hun - you don't usually have those! Don't forget you can have another HEA and HEB tonight if you get peckish ;)

Don't worry about the custard creams - could've been a lot worse :D

Hi Ali,
Do you think so?! Looking back at it I suppose you're right, I hadnt really thought about red/green i really need to sit and go through them i think, as I just thought I would always do EE every day. I could have actually done with an extra hea-b yesterday :) thanks!

X

Hi,

Well after Ali's insight yesterday I am going to sit down later and actually go through red/green as I had never done those before and it seems i had a red day.

Am going to take today as an EE for now as i havnt had time yet.....

B: rice pudding (milk HexA), sugar (2syns),
Bananna

S: Jammy Dodgers (9syns - wish christine would stop bringing biccys into work lol

L: Wholemeal roll (HexB), tuna, scorn, extra light mayo (1 syn)
Muller Light

D: ham & mushroom omlette, olive oil & ketchup (2syns)
Rocky caramel bar (5syns!)

Syns: 19!

Omg! Lol

Does anyone know of any low syn treats? Ive got a really sweet tooth at the mo and i cant seem to stop myself its crazy! I hate it, time of the month due but i must have more control than that?! Lols how depressing! Still really craving some choccy or something feel like writing the whole day off! :(

I suppose tomorrow is another day and i can only try again. I am determined to do this and im getting sick of wasting my syn in sugary treats its the only thing i fall down on and it gets me every time. I need to stop craving them and get some willpower its horrible.

X

Last edited:
Hi I was just reading some of your diary I suffer with the biscuit munchies too, after trying everything within my willpower (not much) so the only way left was to not buy them as I cant just eat one.

Ive not bought any biscuits cakes sweets for over a week, as I would have to drive to a shop I cant just nip out.

Keep going Im sure you will get to your goal

:D

Back