General w/c: 18th September 2006

OMG just watch Wire in the Blood it was fab!

Anyway...a tear or two in my eye reading your replies to my post this moring.

Debbie...you hit the nail on the head...isn't it funny how our moods can change at different times of the day: what seems important one minute doesnt seem such a big deal later. Your sooooooooo right! I am upset, I do really miss them all but when I sit and think about it do I really miss them? I know it would never be the same as it was....and polus they are still doing the same old thing week in week out on the same days and I've moved on. For a start I've met the Wemitts! You are being deep! but its got me thinking...thanks. xx

Anja...thanks hun...photo spot the double chin!!But its from a few months ago..hope its gone now! Must get new one as hair now short! OMG I'm smiling in that one!!!

Victoria...got your text thanks. Was out with Mum so couldn't reply but will tomorrow.

AKB...thanks mate. Your right my health has to come first. And all the mates that have been great out weigh those that haven't by miles!

Off to the land of nod.

Nite, nite ladies.

Kam xxxxx

Ann,
Of course, you were in the posh bit as the other hotel they used to use was burned down last month (well known Corby past-time).
Actually you were just down the road from a brilliant ex-Argos warehouse - loads of excellent bargains to be had there on most days, if I'd have twigged earlier I'd have given you the details in time - d'ohh!
Gotta go, must go to bed!
Love,
A
xxxx:D

Sorry wasn't around today.
so glad you got things a bit more settled in your head Kam ((hugs)) I know it's hard when friends back away.. and there does come a time when you have to move on. Remember it's their loss!

Well.. we have a new fostering arrival. She arried at 2pm at less than 1 day old!! tiny 5lb muslim baby girl. she's here till adoption, unless mum changes her mind. it's a sad world sometimes.. all because she's unmarried.

Been running around all day, and likely to get very little sleep tonight but didn't eat! And that is a major achievement as usually on a new arrival and running around i'd have had a slap up dinner to 'reward' myself! :rolleyes:

I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow at 4.30pm i prefer weighing in the morning to be honest, but have my course and couldn't fit in today and she couldn't do friday. Still.. i am sure i'll register a loss, even at that time of day!

Bought new jeans sized 16 today!! From a size 22 i am pleased with the progres.. and i accidentally tried on a 14 in them! lol wondered why they were a bit too tight.. they did fit though but wasn't as nice a fit as the 16... i haven't fitted into a 14 for sooooo long though! lol
Can't wait to get there properly!

well better try and get my head down i suppose.
night all,

What an absolutely fantasic thing to ho PH - look after a little baby in that way, at that time. That little girl will never be as needy as she is right now - and you are there for her, I cannot find words to express how marvellous I think you are for doing this. It takes a VERY special kind of person. My thoughts are with you, and that little girl - has she got a name??
Ann xxx

Thanks Ann & Kam ((hugs))
This morning i feel tired rather than 'good' ! lol

Ann, sadly because of the world we live in, and to protect identity, i'm only allowed to say baby is Baby A.. her name begins with A. As does our toddler! lol so she's now 'big A' as far as the computer goes.. she'll be able to be named once we have fully adopted her though. ;)

Here is the post i've just put on the nightshift forum....

lol now had i realised this was here 4 hours ago.. i'd have been here! lol
I'm on the dayshift technically, but as a foster carer, with a newborn 1 day old in our house.. i am also part of hte night shift.. i did till 2am and hubby went to bed early at 9pm and did from 2am till 6am! lol now i'm up cos if i don't get up i never will!!

Need to get showered before the other 3 kids get up! :rolleyes: :p Am off on a training course on dealing with bad behaviour and spotting early signs.. and will have to try hard to stick to CD (there is a fab buffet there) and stay awake!!!

Ok... good news is.. I weighed myself on my home scales...
and
I weigh.... 12 stone 13 lbs!!!! woohooo!

I spent most of my late teens in the mid 12 stone range so feel fantastic!

I'm weighing with my CDC today at 4.30pm but know i won't be in the 12's on her scales, but was 13st 4lb last week.

Hope you all have a great day... i've really gotta go get showered now and get myself woken up! 2 glasses of water down.. and hoping breakfast wakes me up! lol

Will be back after my weigh in! ;)

((hugs to all))

Hi Purple Hugs

Those scales are just rocketing down! Well done. Just think of how much more energy you will have for the kids, sounds like you will need it.

I echo everything Ann said. It takes special people to do as you do - and the world could do with more like you. My DH and I talked about potentially fostering...and when we finally get a house sorted out and he gets out of the forces it is something we will think hard about.

have a great day

love
victoria

Good morning everyone,
I didn't feel "right" last night. I think it was because of the day out. I was out of my eating/drinking "routine" and I didn't drink nearly enough water. (My own fault - it was available) I ate a meal at lunchtime as well, which I don't normally do. Anyway, the outcome was that when I got home I was STARVING! I had a cambridge bar plus my teatime meal, and still didn't feel much better. Had 2 coffees with shake mix used as "coffee mate". Went to see a friend, who's birthday it was, and then only had A GLASS OF WINE with her. Didn't stop there either, when I got home I ate 2 of my Cambridge desserts + yoghurt, dried apricots and 6 fresh figs. It's the nearest to a binge I've had, and it's left me feeling "yukky" and a bit scared. Woke up with a headache today ? dehydration? Serves me right.
The accreditation forms are waiting to be done for Cambridge later on - I don't feel I deserve to do it at the moment.
Anyway, today's another day and all that, but must try and learn from yesterday's experience - I do NOT want to feel like that (or like this!) again.
I'd like to get on with Cambridge now, but as betweeen now and Jan 11th I shall be spening 6 weeks away, it doesn't seem fair to start until after that.
Purple Hugs, why don't you call your baby for the purposes of this thread, baby WeMitt? If you've still got her when she's a bit bigger, I'll get her a T shirt embroidered!!!!
love to all,
Ann xxx

Ann

Well done on the CDC training. You always give such good advice to everyone when they find it tough, but your right today is another day. Nothing can be done now, but move forwards.

I think most would agree you are at the toughest stage now. SS is a comfort zone where you dont have to think about other foods, but the challenge is learning to introduce food properly. And if you think of all the years of eating habits we all have to correct, it seems logical that it takes a bit of getting used to.

So i would think you should put it down as a learning experience and next time you have a similar situation you will be better prepared to deal with it.

You have done incredibly well and are an inspiration to many, and will be an inspiration to many more when you start recruiting lots of new WeMITT's!
(love the baby wemitt idea LOL)

anyway...take care

love
victoria

Thanks Victoria. One pint of water down, some kind words from you, and already I feel a bit better.
I have to choose a name for my Cambridge work - they suggest your own name - but there's noting to stop you calling your practice anything you like. I've got a feeling WeMitt has to be in there somewhere!!! I also need a new e mail address for Cambridge purposes - I shall go and see if [email protected] is available!!!! Now my mind's working, I feel more like usually do!!
Ann xxx

Hi Ann

You are doing so well, and I agree with Texasgirl..... treat it as a learning curve. Your at the stage that I am feeling scared of reaching but you have the will power to get through it.

I like your idea of including Wemitt in the title of your practice..... You can spread the WeMitt word. You will make an excellent CDC, you totally deserve to be accredited. You have so much knowledge and support to offer people. Don't hesitate to sign those forms.

Jazzy xx

Ann
You had a strange sort of day yesterday what with the travelling and the day itself. Can be quite stressful. Also you don't want to drink too much water as not always easy to have wee stops. So I would have just the same. But you will have a better day today. And so pleased you decided to go for the training as you'll make a wonderful CDC and your clients will be so lucky to have you
Irene xx

Hi everyone,

Ann - if that's a binge it's a very calm one. You feel uncomfortable 'cos you haven't eaten in a while but your choices were ALL healthy. You only had 1 glass of wine, you didn't have birthday cake, takeaway, chocolate or any of a million terrible things... eating after SSing can be terrifying but your choices of fruit & yoghurt are very good & will make it loads less likely of you ever putting the weight back on.

I've found if I don't drink enough I feel like I should eat more... your mouth wants to do something to make up for not drinking.

Love xxx

Good morning Ann - Re your blip yesterday - you are human, stuff happens and at least you can warn your clients about possible pitfalls! You've done the easy bit - the abstinence - yes that is the easy bit compared to maintenance - just look at the issues people seem to be having after reaching their goal! I and I'm sure every other WeMITT on this board have every faith in you achieving and maintaining your fabulous weightloss - keep going as you are a true inspiration:) xxx

Victoria - You are so right about SS being a comfort zone thing - when people ask me about SS (from the psychological angle) I liken it to how heroin addicts use methadone. SS absolves me from any responsibility around food, gives me excellent nutrition and allows me to carry on as normal with living. I admit that I am frightened something stupid about finishing (and I must as as of this morning I have a BMI of <25 and I'm unsure whether to be happy/sad/relieved/amazed etc) as I now have to learn to make sensible decisions around food. Something I clearly didn't do before or I would never have tipped the scales at 22stones. I know that my messing about SS-wise of late has been because I don't want to finish SSing as I truly believe it's the easiest bit of my diet journey - maintenance is going to be the toughie!
Anyway, here's hoping I can do it!
Love,
A
xxxx:D

Ann

That is so exciting!!! Glad your back on track and feeling better today.

Now that I am back and fully functioning again I was going to resurrect the WeMITT website. I thought maybe we could work together on that to make it a little better.

Drop me an email....

love
victoria

Ann, it was great to see you yesterday - and you really do look utterly amazing and SO pretty!!! I had to keep darting sneaky peeks your way as you really are totally slimline now :)

I know what you mean about yesterday - I didn't drink nearly as much water as I normally would have either (although probably snaffled about two bottles just for myself). You'd have thought they'd have supplied more really wouldn't you?

I got home around 8:00 pm and had a bar AND a frozen tetra in the evening .. on top of the lunch and some of the lovely fruit and dips too. Ho hum! We're all human I guess :rolleyes:

I don't intend to start CDC'ing until I get back from my holiday,although will try to get the questionnaires completed and sent off by the weekend if possible. No chance of getting accredited before I go away though ... ah well!

Well done on getting the Wemitt email address too! I did much the same yesterday and registered my company name as a hotmail.co.uk account (I've already got the website address registered - I just need a website now *lol*). Mine is [email protected] ... so anyone who wants to drop me a line to it, please do as it's empty at the moment :)

Love to all Wemitts,

Back