General W/C 30th October 2006

Hi guys, hope you all had a lovely halloween. You should have seen some of the trick or treaters who came here last night! soooo cute, there was this one little chap who was so tiny he must have only been about 3 and he goes "twick or tweeeet" haha gorgeous! not like in the last area we lived where you'd get surly teenagers (not even in costume, unless you count a hoody as a costume) demanding cash grr! So all in all I had a lovely halloween (the torture of abstaining from all the mini choccy bars not withstanding - lol) It took some mega willpower last night but I did it, and I am glad of it today.

Debbie, don't worry you will be back in ketosis v soon - lol @ starvin marvin xx

*waves frantically back at Victoria* how are you Vic? You have been missed!!!! Glad you had a lovely hol xx

*waves frantically at Sharon* Hiya missus, hope you are ok?

*waves frantically at all the wemitts* hope everyone is feeling ok? Anyone seen Roch? hope you are ok hun please get posting!!!!!!! xx

Ok my arm is hurting now from all the frantic waving so I am gonna sign off, catch you all later xx

Hello,

How is everyone doing?

I saw some lovely halloween cossies last nite and some of them so cute. One had flashing horns.

Ive not been doing cd this week, my mum was admitted to hospital twice on saturday because her blood sugars were too low she had a hypoglyceamic(sP) attack, it was my worst nightmare as I'd found her collapsed at home!:eek: :eek: :eek: Shes doing much better now and hopes to be home with me in a day or so. I just couldnt concentrate on CD this week but I've also been quite a good girl. Im still not drinking much....too cold anyhow. I'm hoping to be back on the wagon next week but also getting more active.

Wrap up warm everyone, its freezing outside!

Hi All,

TG....grrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt to have you back. Sounds like you had a fab time. Must talk very soon. :)

Mrs T....frantically waving to you!!!! :)

Ann....lovely talking to you the other day :)

RD....tried to call but no answer :(

SB....hope your Mum will soon be on the mend.

PH....hope your ok hun.

Everyone else hope your all doing fab.

Well...erm not a good day. Was a complete pig eating 2 cranberry bars on after another! :eek: Just got the munchies and ate one and couldn't resist the other! haven't drunk as much water as I should have. Had my meal for dinner and couldn't resist eating a slice of garlic bread that I'd made for everyone else. Blaming TOTM which is due any day!

Off for a nice hot bath then early night with............a good book! I know what you all thought!!! fat chance!! :(
Night all.

Kam xx

Hi Kam
Gutted I missed you: I was probably at my granddaughter's birthday tea drooling over the picnic eggs and jaffa cakes!

Sheesh I was so hungry even the place-mats looked tasty!!

Thanks for putting a comment in my daughter's guestbook on her website - she was absolutely chuffed to bits. She works hard chipping away at this website of hers, tweaking it here and there. It's lovely that she got some feedback!

Don't panic over the bits and pieces you ate: as you said, it's TOTM and we all know how that gets us. In the big scheme of things, it's hardly binge of the century - you're a lot more controlled than me when I'm not on SS!

The cold snap doesn't help either - I always want to eat more when I'm cold.

Sending big hugs your way XX
PS
Got my first History presentation at Uni tomorrow - wish me luck!

Well done for sticking with it Debbie, I'm proud of you.
The comfort blanket of ketosis will wrap around you soon.
Well, I'm off to Amserdam tomorrow until Monday. We are staying with the friends who came to stay with us in the summer. I was doing SS then, I they didn't really understand and were quite worried about me I think, but they respected my decision and didn't pressure me to eat/drink. I promised them that when I saw them again I would have a drink and a meal with them, and it will be nice to do this. Luckily, I have never liked chocolate or sweet things so the wonderful shops won't bother me that much. It's the demon drink that tempts me usually. I have decided to stick to wine this time, and not get started on the vodka & tonic or bacardi & coke like I did in Spain. It took a week for me to feel "right" again, and I don't want that again.
Have been encouraged by CDC to enter for slimmer of the year, so at the very last minute, have sent the form off.
Need to pack warm clothes for Amsterdam - isn't it freezing!!!!
Stay strong WeMitts.
Ann xxx

Have a great time in Amsterdam Ann: it's a fab city - you'll love it!

Go, go, go for Slimmer of the Year Ann!! If ANYONE deserves to win it, you do!
You absolutely get my vote
'ANN FOR SLIMMER OF THE YEAR!!'

Right - I'm off to make a placard :)

2nd'd ANN FOR SLIMMER OF THE YEAR!

Ann...even if you don't win...although like Debbie I think you are so worthy....your still the WEMITT slimmer of the year!

Debbie...I know it wasn't a huge binge....but it was later! I defrosted the freezer yesterday and left out a raspberry pavola that Andy had brought home from work a few weeks ago. I was having a nice relaxing bath when I remembered I'd left it out in the garage when I was transfering all the kitchen freezer stuff. So Andy got it and I just had to eat it! Not all of it...and it wasn't that nice but I ate it anyway.

Had a really bad sleep woke up on the floor at 6am! Tossing and turning all night! I think due down to TOTM being due and lots of things going round in my head.

Oh well another day.....

Have a good one...Debbie good luck with your presentation.

Kam x

Hello WeMitts,
well, I've packed, and we're just about to go to the airport for our long weekend with friends in Amsterdam.
Catch you all when I get back on Monday.
Ann x
PS top tip for this cold weather - put a one pint glass of berry flavoured water in the microwave for one minute before you drink it!!!

Blimey its cold!!!

Just been for what seemed a very long walk with Sophie....on her roller skates! Walked to local shops and hobbled back after we both fell over!! I've twisted my knee so sitting here with a bag of peas on it as very swollen. OUCH! Anyway, no time to feel sorry for myself! Going back to Cubs tonight after 7 weeks off....sad but I'm looking forward to it...its a night out for me! Away from my own kids to look after 32! I MUST BE MAD!!!!

Bag full of clothes to take in for a mate so better press on. 4 pairs trousers, 2 tops & a zip to fix! Wasn't sure what to charge she said she wouldn't let me do them unless I took some thing off her! So agreed on £5 per item....looked in local cleaners and they charge £15.00 for a new zip!!! And £8.00 to take up trousers so shes got a good deal there....or could I have refused to take any money off her? Feel abit bad taking money off a mate.

Kam x

Go, go, go for Slimmer of the Year Ann!! If ANYONE deserves to win it, you do!
You absolutely get my vote
'ANN FOR SLIMMER OF THE YEAR!!'

I absolutely agree!! I can't think of anyone who could possibly deserve the title more.

Have a great time in Amsterdam, Ann :D

Lots of love

Hello

Ann, have a great time in Amsterdam.

Im doing OK. Thank you all for the good wishes for my mum. She is on the mind and all the test results have come back clear, thank God. I feel much more relaxed now and feel I'm able to focus on CD again. Although I did have a fleeting thought of 'going it alone' as you do once you've eaten but I didnt want to be a failure to myself and start to feel bigger, frumpy and depressed if I started to put weight on again. So CD here I come on Saturday. Totm is due any day now so one more day of eating sensibly....cough cough....and back to packs. Seriously Im proud of myslef for having smaller portions and being good.

I think I've got the flu:( , I can feel a notion of a hot water bottle, big fluffy socks and staying in bed coming on:( .

Hi peeps
Just thought I'd report in - see how you're all doing in this FRIGID weather! FROST?? What's all that about? So much for global warming!!
I'm going to drive around in my car for a few hours - see if I can make the hole in the ozone layer a bit bigger and let some rays through! ;)

Anyway - the good news for me today is that I'm on day four of my restart - did a ketostix test this morning an am back in ketosis - yayyy!

So it's GAME ON ... (burn, burn, burn - my body is a little fat burning machine! :D :D )

The bad news is that I think I've caught my OH's darned cold. The back of my throat feels like it's been sandblasted and I feel a wee bit sicky. Drat and double drat!

I'm taking echinacea to see if I can boost my own body's fighting mechanism and will carry on with drinking the equivelent of a small lake each day. Does anyone know what throat lozenges are OK on CD if it comes to that?

Have a great day everyone!
PS
It's my youngest daughter's 1th birthday today - we bought her a Go-Kart and you'd have thought we'd placed the crown jewels in her hands! Don't you just love it when a pressie is a hit? :)

Anyway - the good news for me today is that I'm on day four of my restart - did a ketostix test this morning an am back in ketosis - yayyy!

So it's GAME ON ... (burn, burn, burn - my body is a little fat burning machine! :D :D )

That's great Debbie!! You go girl!! :D

Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your drive.

Take care!

Lots of love

OMG I can't seem to warm up! Can't remember bneing this cold last year! Never had to sit indoors with a fleece on before.
Well finally went back to Cubs last night to a roar of welcome form the Cubs...ahh bless! Had a manically busy night and came home to a lovely hot tetra! Oh I love that choc one!
Jumped on scales this morning and as I suspected I'd put on a few pounds...3lbs! TOTM arrived in the early hours! why does it do that? I never start in the day its always in the middle of the night! Oh well its here and explains the hunger I've been feeling. Counting down now to SSing! Hopefully should be back on the 4th December 3 months since my operation...erm and just in time for Xmas! I'd love to have a stone off before then. I wasn't sure I'd be able to go back as I've been off for so long but I want to give it a real go this time. I'm inspired by the amazing weightlosses the Wemitts have been having and I want to be one of those people as well.
Off out to night with the Mums from playgroup...last minute night out. I wasn't going to go but I was told if I don't go they'll come round and drag me out!! So better go then! My bedroom floor is a tip! as spent moring trying to find something to wear. Finally decided on the first outfit I tried on! Grey cords with turn-ups, black or grey, black v-neck really baggy! jumper its meant to be big 'n' baggy! & high heeled black boots...sounds awful but I love that thrown together look!
Fireworks at Cubs tomorrow night always really good display followed by mulled wine & hotdogs! hate hotdogs so thats ok...mulled wine now I like that but isn't it meant for Xmas!
Then got family over for fireworks at our house on Sunday...reminds me better buy some!
So if I don't check in have a great weekend all!
Kam xx
P. S Purple Hugs...where are you? :(

Morning Wemitts everywhere!
Well how knackered do I feel this morning! VERY!Just back from taking Sophie to her ballet class...could have done without a 9am start this morning though as didn't get home from my night out until 1am! Had such a fab time though but so tired today...erm and abit hungover! Haven't had a drink since 17th Feb! so having a few glasses went straight to my head!
Anyway, feeling very fat & bloated today and really looking forward to my first shake which DH is preparing for me now.
Off to fireworks down the Cub hut later, got to give the house a quick once over as family over tomorrow.
Have a great day all.
Kam x

Back