General W/C 6th November 2006...lets have some colour this week very grey outside!

Debbie: 11lbs WOW well done. I knew you would do it - the other 6 will be off in no time.

I too was very saddened to read about that young womans death. I was on the hitched forum (dont ask why I am reading wedding forums !) and there is a post on there from a friend of the girl who died: Hitched Forums - OT warning to stay away from dieting product

Its obviously very difficult for friends and family and its only natural that they look for something or someone to blame especially when she was so young - I just hope that it doesnt put too many people off LL who may benefit from it.

Victoria

Well done Debbie! not so well done to me though.......flipping heck 9lbs on! in 2 weeks since last weigh in. EEK! Darling Diva has put me down a stage so here goes 790 cals...here's hoping!
Kam x

Morning my lovely wemitts,

I feel better today. Hopped on scales a few days ago and realised 5lbs had crept back, got on today and 2 of them have dropped off again! Think I am going to just keep watching what I am eating, swimming when poss and start focusing on next years holiday and of course Christmas. If I could lose another 10lbs by Christmas(including the 3 I still need to knock off again) I will be very happy. Slow but sure. It's not a race is it?
Hope everyone is having a good day. Our Roch needs a lot of support at the moment so wemitts we must all visit her thread and try to buck her up.

Lots of love

Morning all,
Well the shock of putting on 9lbs has passed and I'm well and truly shocked into getting back on track today.
No packs or water yet as not long back from my post operation appointment....I thought the last one but :( I've got to have another operation :mad: not urgent so have bboked in for next April! I needed a break and to get on track CD wise. Basically, when I had my last operation the blood clot & lump that were removed has made my boob concave :eek: but only when I lift my arm...looks really weird! So they need to remove the scar tissue from the muscle then I should be painfree! But it does mean another general and a two day stay in hospital no day surgery this time :(. Not worried just annioyed that I have to have another operation but in the meantime I've got a fair few stone to get rid of!!
Barb...good to see you posting.
Texasgirl....you too!
Ann...home yet?

Kam xxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Back from Uni after one of those 'mad' mornings where everything goes wrong .... you know how it goes: you get up nice and early so you don't have any stress, :) leave on time with a smile on your face, :) then the car won't start so you take the other car :rolleyes: .... which has no fuel :eek: ......... then you get caught in the traffic because of the delay :( ............... then you get to Uni and find you have left your car parking permit in the other car :mad: .............................................. THEN YOU HAVE TO PARK A SQUILLION MILES DOWN THE ROAD AND POWER-WALK TO THE LECTURE .................... AAAARGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - other than that, I got two of my formative assessments back today. I passed my Creative writing assessment (it was a straight pass or fail - no grading) and in Victorian Literature, I got a 65!! I was absolutely delighted as the pass mark is 40 ......... 65 represents a 2:1 apparantly (if I can keep up that standard :confused: )

So - a good day all in all (if you minus the dodgy start). Hope you're all having a wonderful day! :D

Hi everyone, yes I'm back. Had a lovely time. Our friends Aart & Wietske live in Amsterdam, and it was really good to "live like a local". They took us to 3 wonderful markets (I like markets!!!) It was "Museum Night" on Saturday, when there are different things going on at all the museums in Amsterdam between 7pm and 2am. You just pay for one ticket, and can visit them all. It was great fun, and VERY busy.
I ate, and drank the same amount as the others - at least you don't binge when you are at someone else's house!!!!
I'm not weighing myself until tomorrow at the gym.
Debbie, you are an inspiration to me - you have shown that it CAN be done - (getting back on SS)
Well, must go and fetch the dog back from the kennels now.
Ann xxx

Sounds like one busy morning Debbie and another few pounds off after your power walk!
Talking walking...just been for one with DH & DD but OMG its so cold! Must invest in a warm coat soon! Had a nice wander around the shops even got a few presents!
Ann...lovely to have you back...so what did your friends say about your weight loss?
Barb....keep up that swimming....which reminds me I need a new costume before next week as going to aquafit while Sophie is at playgroup and myine is a 26 and keeps falling down!! Better have a nosey on ebay as the shops seem to have stuck them away since no one swims in the winter!!!
Better get on loads to sort before the boys come home and I keep stopping for little breaks!
Kam x
P. S I've lost my cambridge book...can you have red meat on 790?

You look very funky Ann - and so YOUNG!! Amsterdam hasn't changed at all in the two weeks since I was there! ;)

Oh I forgot to tell you guys this ....

I was in Chichester yesterday and went into Boots to buy some Ketostix (I normally get them from my little local chemist with no problem whatsoever).
I asked the assistant in the pharmacy for them and she said "Oh those things for people on Atkins diets? We don't sell them."
I replied, "What? You're telling me you're a pharmacy that doesn't sell ketostix? They're for diabetics you know"

"Ummm" she pondered, "I thought they were for testing for protein on the Atkins diet."

"They test for ketones" I replied tersely, "Do you know what they are?"

"Ummm - not really"

"Well, would you like to go and ask whoever DOES know whether you have strips that test for ketones."

She sheepishly returned from the back with a box of ketostix and I paid my dosh. As I was about to walk away, she said,
"I'm sorry about that - I thought they were for the Atkins diet"

By this time I was pretty ticked off. So I said, "Look - so what if they were? People on ketogenic diets DO use ketostix but why you'd consider that a problem I have no idea ... they're test strips not drugs!"

(cue flouncing out of the shop!! ;) )

This is the first time I've ever encountered any issue with buying ketostix (although I'd heard Boots can sometimes be funny about selling them). Her response to my request seems to confirm what I heard, that Boots doesn't 'agree' with ketogenic diets and won't sell ketostix to be used for that purpose out of principle.
Oddly enough - right next to where I was queuing, there was a newly erected Christmas display selling alcoholic gifts ... seems Boot's principles re health doesn't extend to alcohol's effect on the liver then!

Too darned big for their 'Boots' if you ask me!!

LMAO @ "too big for their boots" haha it's so true!

Sorry this is just a flying visit wemitts, Hope everyone is ok I will try to pop by again in a day or two, I am busy doing letters from santa for my nephews (its bliddy hard work) maybe I should have just ordered them from ebay lol

Well take care guys .. xx

I have decided to start posting again on our original DHH thread, as well as on here, as I am concerned that in view of some recent events, some WeMitts may lose touch if we confine ourselves to minimins. I shall post on both.
Back to the gym today for me.............
Ann (Mother WeMitt) xxx

Hello girls!

just a quick post to say i hope you are all doing well. I will try and get here more often i promise...
I'm off the diet - as i was when i last posted, and have gained but only about 8lb and it's my TOTM so that's not too bad.
I am crap at any diet over the winter, but generally better come the 1st jan, when i kick my own butt HARD! lol
My hair is still coming out by the handful, which is worrying, but nothing i can do about it at the moment.

We are busy bee's with kids, xmas shopping, toddler A's 2nd birthday party on sunday and an adoption course for her adoption starts next week too. But other than that we are all well.

I've missed you! Thanks for the call Kam. ((Hugs))

Hi PH
Have missed reading your posts, hope you sort out your hair probs soon, I am constantly losing handfulls of hair every day :eek: but luckily my hair is thick and to be honest it's easier to straighten now lol it now takes just a fraction of the time it once did * always a silver lining*

Hope you are ok, spk soon xx

You're definitely a 'glass half full' gal Mrs T!! ;)

Just a flying visit as totally knackered!
Seem to have rushed round like a complete loony all day! And finally got time to sit & relax!
DS just wound me up with a lemon fondant fancy and I'm on here with my mouth watering up! As they are my weakness. I'm really cross with him he came right up to me and said....yum lemon fondant fancy! then stuffed the whole thing in his mouth! He knows I'm very cross with him now! Even DH who is doing slim fast at the moment and eating the same meal as me on 790 cals having lost 9lbs this week...him not me!! said can he have a beer or glass of wine! to wash down the scotch egg he had just had! Oh I give up! I'm not giving up on the diet though.....I'm loving it!
Thats it rant over!
PH lovely to see you back and great to talk to you too!
Mrs T you too
Everyone else have a good weekend and think of me standing on parade in the freezing cold on Sunday morning!! Remembrance Sunday.

Hi everyone, well done Kam, you didn't need that horrible sticky lemon cake! AS for scotch eggs - YUK, give me a nice apple any day!(did that sound convincing?)
Debbie, how did this weeks weigh in go? I seem to have lost track of the week and suddenly it's Sunday!
I have had a better week, not dietwise particularly but generally so feel much more 'up for it'. Still don;t feel full on committed, which I know is where I need to be but have ot put on and feel ready to be a bit stricter next week and increase the swimming again. Only managed one day last week which is just not good enough. It was partly because I had a flu like lurgy with a high temperature, but even so I should have done better. So next week I will! Can I just say - 6 WEEKS TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee, I love, love, love Christmas. Our little grand-daughter and all our kids and my parents will be with us for Christmas Day and I am so looking forward to that.
Ok, I am off to Waitrose, don;t try to stop me, it has to be done!

Catch up later, love to all,

Back