General wemitt thread W/C Monday Nov 13th

Well wemitts ..... guess what I did today that I could NEVER have done before I lost weight??

(Minds out of the gutter please ladies!! ;) )

I went on a history field trip and ended up on the ROOF of Chichester cathedral!!

Yep - hundreds of stone steps in narrow little spiral stairways all the way to the top! ANNNNDDD ... not a drop of sweat in sight!!

The view was amazing: I felt very privileged being able to see places in the cathedral that 'ordinary' members of the public don't (the roof space, medieval wood & lead work etc) and there was no way I was going to miss out on the chance.
A year ago, I'd have had to stay at the bottom - there's no way I could have made all those steps and I would have been worried about getting wedged (no kidding, those medieval dudes must have been as thin as pins ... the stairways were only just the width of a person - it was quite claustrophobic at times!)

And even if I'd made it up some of them, I don't think I'd have been able to come down: my knees just wouldn't have been able to take my weight on the steep steps down: you could only fit one foot at a time on the steps and I needed to shuffle downstairs both feet on one step when I was bigger.

So - another plus to losing the weight!!

(I also went for another gym workout afterwards - madness!!) :)

I had a similar feeling climbing a tower in Sienna. It was a narrow, spiral staircase and the system had some wrong allowing people to go both up AND down at the same time. There is NO WAY I would have attempted it before, let alone been able to squeeze past other people! scary.
Well done Debbie. And BTW, I still don't know how you walk at 6mph - I did 4mph today, and that felt fast to me!!!
Ann x

Think 'Benny Hill' and you'll probably get the gist of how I do it Ann! :D

I did it again today ... 5 minutes at 6mph on a 3.5 deg incline and then 10 mins at 5.5 mph on a 4 deg incline. (and that was AFTER the cathedral stairs!)

It's just short of running - which, as you know, I can't really do at the moment without a cork installed!! :eek:

If I don't end up with thighs that can crack Brazil nuts after all this then I'll be most put out!! :)

I've got strong thighs as well. Do you do the weight excercises where you have to push weights apart with you legs? and then push the weights together on another machine? and the one where you push forwards with your feet to lift weights? Well I do 65k on the first two and 85k on the last one, with no trouble at all! Must be all those years of carrying a permanent weight around.
ann xxx

blimey, I 'm worn out just reading about it!!

Mrs T... if you get to the stage where you cannot swallow your saliva then call out a dr or go to your local A & E. Please.. don't wait too long before having someone check you.

RD & Westhills.. gosh, you two are keep fitters too!!Erk... I have a manual treadmill and an exercise bike at home but despite looking at them every day... I still can't sum up the energy to get on them!

RD & Westhills.. gosh, you two are keep fitters too!!Erk... I have a manual treadmill and an exercise bike at home but despite looking at them every day... I still can't sum up the energy to get on them!

I used to own an exercise bike .... I found the handlebars were JUST the right size to hang a shirt on! ;)

I had to lose 6 stone before I was light enough to use my treadmill (top weight to use it is 100kg) but since then, I can honestly say I have been on it most days, building up my speed/time along the way. I have music LOUD! The beat I like most to walk to is like on "Chain Reaction" by Diana Ross. Anyone else got favourite music to walk/run to??
Ann x

Morning all WeMitts
Not be posting much latly but stll reading everyones posts.
You are all doing so well.
Debbie and Anne you are doing so well with your exercise.Proud of you both.
I know how you feel about the the steep narrow steps,when my father in low was alive we would go th lots of castles and I would always make some excuise not to go up the stairs,was also worried I would get wedged halfway up.Would love to do it now though.

How are you today Mrs T? hope the throat is feeling better,
Have you been to see GP?

I am on 1,000kcals now and enjoying it,bit worried about the carbs,lost no weight last week but keeping to it 100% so hopefully I will lose this week.

Lots of things going on we me at moment so may not post lots but I am still around reading posts.Its just my head is all over the place.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
{{{HUGS}}}

LOL @ Debbie, I found my exercise bike was a good clothes hanger too!
I am still a couple of lbs too heavy to start a programme on my treadmill (can't say I'm looking forward to it either) lol I am a lazy bint!

FFnF (((hugs))) xx

Hi Libbie, thanks for asking I still feel really rough, my throat isn't too bad during the day but the very minute I lie down I start to cough BAH! So I am not getting much sleep.

I haven't been to the docs and to be honest it would take something extraordinary to get me there too lol, I hate gps/hospitals etc even when I broke my ankle it took me hours to agree to go to hospital LMAO and only then because I realised that I couldn't get to the loo haha

I couldn't get any dipersable asprin/paracetamol yesterday but I crushed a couple of cocodamol and mixed them with a hot berry flavour drink which helped.
I will try to get some asprin later though.

All in all not much to report from my lil corner of the world, how are you doin hun?

xx

The beat I like most to walk to is like on "Chain Reaction" by Diana Ross. Anyone else got favourite music to walk/run to??
Ann x

I use my ipod at the gym: it has ALL 'beaty' tunes on it but some are faster than others. Some are great for the rowing machine because they're not quite so fast and you can do the two 'strokes' forward and back to them. Three that are good for rowing are: 'Love is like Oxygen' by ELO , 'I think I love you' by David Cassidy (there's a blast from the past for you!) and 'Boogie shoes' by KC & the Sunshine Band.

For walking, I have loads but one that comes to mind is 'Pump it' by the Black eyed Peas (if you heard that Ann, you'd know how I manage 5.5 - 6mph!!) :)

Mrs T - glad you got some relief yesterday with your Berry concoction - hope it all gets better soon. Like you, I don't like going to see the doctor unless I absolutely have no other option.

Have a great day everyone! :p

Just wanted to op in quickly and say thanks for all your support yesterday both on and off the forum. Glad the subject is now closed!
I am taking a break for abit as I need to refresh my batteries.
Thanks again.
Kami x

Last edited:
Hello lovely Wemitt peeps!

Just popping in to catch up with all the goss - and, BLIMEY!, I'm exhausted just reading Ann and Debbie's posts :eek: :)

Actually you both put me completely to shame as I'm still such an exercise-phobe - but know I should get back to the gym to at least try to tone up what has now become a very flabby bod :(

On the plus side (there's always a plus side in Summer-world ;) ), I'm now NORMAL! Yippeee!! As of this week, I cracked the BMI 25 milestone which is 11 stone for me. As of today, I'm actually 10 st 12 lbs - so just 6 lbs away from my goal weight of 10 st 6 lbs :D .

The problem I have now is ... how to flaming well stop! *lol* I've been doing the 790 plan for a week or so and suppose I should step up to 1,000 cals sometime soon - but the thought of eating all those luverly carbs again! Scary stuff!! :eek:

Much love to all Wemitts - oldies and newbies alike :)

err what's the wemitt DH site?
Glad you are doing better kam.

Still sticking to plan and was down 5lb this morning! don't you love low carb! lol

hope you are all doing well. Thanks for the welcome back and well wishes on A's adoption.
We are going through a life history chronology that we have to do for tuesday... gosh it's amazing how many times i moved house in my life! :rolleyes: :eek: Thankfully i'm more settled now. ;)

Thanks for the link, Kam. The WeMitts were "born" on the Discovery Home and Health weight loss forum, in January 2006, at the start of my weight loss journey. We more or less moved over to Minimins when it started, in the summer.
I continue to post on both, wherever and whenever anyone who has a lot of weight to lose needs suport, encouragement or information.
Ann xxx

Thanks guys! :D is it ok to stick here.. i struggle to get a lot of pc time as it is at the moment!? lol

Well... i chose a new puppy last night! heinz 57 type Jack Russell mum has short legs long body.. not quite right but looks lovely.. he's 7 weeks at the moment un-named but we're working on it. ;) and i collect him on Wed night.
he's my xmas present! :D

and i'm down in weight.. not back to my lowest yet but getting there... :D

Oh I just love puppies, and dogs of all varieties. A cautionary story about a Jack Russell we once had...... He kept on escaping from the garden no matter what we did to the fences! One day, he burrowed under the fence to next doors garden. They were on holiday. Well, he managed to get into the rabbit hutch and killed their three pet rabbits.
When my husband got there, the dog was wagging his tale and thought he had pleased us - provided dinner I suppose.
Anyway, they are lovely dogs, but this one was obviously a working dog, not suited to being a pet. We found him a home on a farm where his rabbit hunting skills were much appreciated!!! Send us some photos asap.
Ann xxx

Back