General WeMitt thread, week commencing 12 February 2007

Oh no Barb!!! What an absolute disaster!

These bugs 'n stuff certainly pick their moments don't they!!
Sending you lots of positive vibes and some 'good bugs' to fight the bad - hope you feel better soon xx

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~>>> BARB
positive vibes & good bugs!

Oh Barb, I hope you feel better soon. I was the illest I've been in my life when I visited Egypt (both times!) so maybe going with antibiotics already inside you, would be a good thing!
Ann x

Blimey Ann, that's a it worrying, perhaps I should stay put! Thanks for the good bugs Debbis, they maybe working, my peak flow is up to around 270 now and I have to get it to 350 to fly, so is possible. Ann, was is tummy bugs you suffered with? If so, any advice, other than don't eat!

BTW, thought I would weigh myself before I go (if I go) and was pleased to see have dropped 3lbs! Impressive in view of the steroids!

Positive thinking!!!

Love Barb xxx

Just a quickie - we think we are going to go. Have spoken with my GP - she is a bit dubious but thinks the warmth when I get there will do me so much good that it is just a bit of a balance of risk. I will go well medicated and take plenty on board so should be ok.

If I am not on here tomorrow then I have flown to Eygpt!

See you all when I get back. Lots of love Barb xxx:wave_cry:

hope u make it out for ur hols. would be awful to have to miss out.

happy valentines to all wemitts.

off to prepare hubbys steak (yum) and choose which pack im gonna have :cry: bloody valentines lol

xxxxx

hey Barb, hope you have managed to get off to egypt, sure it will do you the world of good. I have the same bug (and so does rachel) and it is setting off our asthma too so I know how awful you feel. bring back some warm sunshine for us will you!!

I had an awful day yesterday, Rachel has to take her asthma meds every 2 hours and so I was exhausted and feeling ill and worried about her and so will power was O!!!! and what did I want to turn to? pitta! wth?? well I managed to resist but just cried and cried and cried. I am pleased because I managed not to eat and had a bath instead. but it does worry me how close I came to eating. I feel just like an alcoholic about this, kwim?

Yes I know what you mean!!!
I have SS'd for the past 3 days, trying to get a bit of more of the Christmas weight gain off before I go to Prague on Saturday. Well, last night, the evening of day 3, I was STARVING (as you are). Are you reading this Debbie??? Well I made some perfectly acceptable crisps out of curry powder, psyllium husk & water. Don't think this could have done much, if any, damage.
Anyway, I weighed in this morning, and have lost 7 lbs since Monday - only 2 pounds of Christmas left - so with luck, after Parague, I'll only have about half a stone to shift (hopefully!!!) I know I keep saying it, but this maintenance thing is HARD - the reward of staying the same just doesn't give you the buzz like when you're losing weight and can see, and feel a difference in yourself each week.
Right, whinge over, have a good day WeMitts.
Ann xxx

what great news Ann, well done on shifting that 7lbs. I am sure maintenance is really hard, to be honest it is what worries me even though that is many many months off yet for me. But just look at you, you show how it works.

I hope you have a great time in Prague, I adore the city. how long are you there for?

Lovely to hear from you, Ann .. and so glad you're having such a great time in Prague :D

Have a WONDERFUL birthday tomorrow. What a year you've had!!! And you are one awesome looking 60-year-old, y'know? ;)

Lots of love

Back