General WeMITT Thread - week commencing Monday 31 December

IreneH

Gold Member
This is my final day before going back on to a diet to lose many stones.

A great hi to fellow WeMITTs and a big welcome to anyone who has a lot to lose and wants to join us.

We support and encourage each other all the way.

Happy 2008 and let's make this our successful year

Irene xx

First day of the New Year ... wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2008.

Having regained nearly everything I lost in 2006, I'm about to embark upon a whole new start on Jan 5th (seeing my CDC on the 4th) and, hopefully, will turn things around over the next few months.

Good luck on whatever plans you intend to follow

xx

First day on Euro Diet today. Weighing in at 19 st 8.5 lb. Slightly less than i was when I started CD in feb 06 (20 st 1.5 lb then)

Here's to success for all WeMITTS.

Hi Russian Doll and lighterlifeclaire

Irene xx

Hi Irene

Well, now you know where you are: there's a starting point and you've committed to turning things around and making 2008 YOUR healthy year!
You haven't regained everything you lost so that's something - and now's the time to look forward and not back. New Year - New start!

I have my weigh-in on Friday and suspect I'll be where I was in March 2006 (I was 18st 13lb at the start of CD - although 22st at my heaviest) I know I'm over 18st but have been avoiding the scales since Christmas as I didn't want to depress myself even more. I wanted to enjoy christmas and new year after the stresses of the months before.

I look forward to hearing about your progress and will be joining you soon xx

Hi Irene

Well, now you know where you are: there's a starting point and you've committed to turning things around and making 2008 YOUR healthy year!
You haven't regained everything you lost so that's something - and now's the time to look forward and not back. New Year - New start!

I have my weigh-in on Friday and suspect I'll be where I was in March 2006 (I was 18st 13lb at the start of CD - although 22st at my heaviest) I know I'm over 18st but have been avoiding the scales since Christmas as I didn't want to depress myself even more. I wanted to enjoy christmas and new year after the stresses of the months before.

I look forward to hearing about your progress and will be joining you soon xx

Who is the bloke in your sig russiandoll?!!! Have I seen him on TV...?? It's nagging me!

Who is the bloke in your sig russiandoll?!!! Have I seen him on TV...?? It's nagging me!

Hi Claire
That's my nephew James who died in June aged only 20. He was a handsome devil wasn't he :)
He was a real 'cheeky chappy' which I think was captured in that pic (taken only a month before he died). We miss him loads.

Hi Claire
That's my nephew James who died in June aged only 20. He was a handsome devil wasn't he :)
He was a real 'cheeky chappy' which I think was captured in that pic (taken only a month before he died). We miss him loads.

Ah... sorry to hear that russian... I was convinced he was somebody off the TV...

He certainly was a handsome devil... :)

Sorry about ur loss... :eek: that will teach me for being so nosey. xx

Hello everyone
I have decided to start again as well I also have put back nearly all the weight i lost last year but I have still managed to keep of 5.5st but I still have a way to go.. Im following the slimming world diet and counting calories I dont go to any clubs now I prefer to go it on my own but I know the wemitts will help me keep going .. I have made it my new year promise to lose the weight defo this year and then I will give up smoking then cant do both at the same time. Going to start a new ticker bar off so when I get my new weigh in weight tomorrow at the chemist I will write out a new one.. H appy new year to all wemitts and hope its a good one for you all.. bye for now Tina........

Ah... sorry to hear that russian... I was convinced he was somebody off the TV...

He certainly was a handsome devil... :)

Sorry about ur loss... :eek: that will teach me for being so nosey. xx

Please don't think you were being nosey ... if I never wanted anyone to mention him, I wouldn't have put his pic on my sig :)

One of the reasons I've put him there (and mentioned my dearest friend's daughter Alison - who I've known since she was 3 - who died a few weeks ago aged just 24) is that it reminds me how precious but fragile life is. Here I am deliberately putting my health in jeapordy by being morbidly obese when the lives of these two youngsters were cut short.

I now have the opportunity to optimise my life-span by shedding some weight and seeing James there at the bottom of my sig encourages me to grab that opportunity with both hands.

Hello everyone
I have decided to start again as well I also have put back nearly all the weight i lost last year but I have still managed to keep of 5.5st but I still have a way to go.. Im following the slimming world diet and counting calories I dont go to any clubs now I prefer to go it on my own but I know the wemitts will help me keep going .. I have made it my new year promise to lose the weight defo this year and then I will give up smoking then cant do both at the same time. Going to start a new ticker bar off so when I get my new weigh in weight tomorrow at the chemist I will write out a new one.. H appy new year to all wemitts and hope its a good one for you all.. bye for now Tina........

Welcome Tina and good luck with your fresh, new start :)

Please don't think you were being nosey ... if I never wanted anyone to mention him, I wouldn't have put his pic on my sig :)

One of the reasons I've put him there (and mentioned my dearest friend's daughter Alison - who I've known since she was 3 - who died a few weeks ago aged just 24) is that it reminds me how precious but fragile life is. Here I am deliberately putting my health in jeapordy by being morbidly obese when the lives of these two youngsters were cut short.

I now have the opportunity to optimise my life-span by shedding some weight and seeing James there at the bottom of my sig encourages me to grab that opportunity with both hands.

That's a great outlook you've got there... it does make you stop and look at life and wonder what it's all about. Both of those people mentioned in your sig are around my age (I'm 21) so it's made me think twice

Stay positive, its excellent that you can take something and turn it around to help you along your journey to being slim and healthy :) An inspiration! x

This is my first "pop in" for ages and ages, and it was lovely to see Irene and Debbie still here and posting. I have been a very neglectful "mother Wemitt" - so busy with CD. I am making and effort to cut down on CD work now, as it sometimes feels like I've left one rat race and joined another.
I have put a bit of weight on over Christmas, (went to Spain for 3 weeks) but still over 9 stone lighter than when I started.
Going to Australia with son Chris in March, and have booked a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. I wouldn't even have contemplated the plane journey when I was 21st9lbs, let alone climb the bridge!!
So, all you new WeMitts, keep on keeping on, and you WILL get there.
love Ann x

ANN!!!! How wonderful to hear from you!

D'ya know I was only thinking about you the other day, wondering what you were up to.
It's great to hear about your plans - Sydney Harbour bridge - what an experience that'll be :)

Back