General WeMitt thread, week commencing 22nd January

welcome back jellybabe!

please dont feel ashamed! u r YOU and thats nothing to feel ashamed about. u have done incredibly well to lose all that weight to begin with and ought to be very proud! so u've gained some? so what? u have done it before and u can do it again.

i only joined in december so didnt know u to miss u but hope u will stick around this time, in good times and bad cos we all struggle and staying around here will give us a better chance a success than just hiding. i do understand the feeling though but remember how fab u r cos u have come a long way.

xxxxx

thanks Karen - nice to "meet" you.

I plan on staying around. I think I wouldn't have gone so far off the rails if I had continued posting, you guys are so supportive and know what it feels like so I am sure you would have talked me out of the packet of fruit pastilles I was busy stuffing my face with:wave_cry:

Hi Ann, glad the weight is shifting and glad youve got a great perspective on it all, you have done fantastically since the beginning of your journey and you have to keep reminding yourself of your achievements!!!

Barb!!!! Helloo, you have been missed!!!! Well you also have to keep in mind that you are not starting off from square one, you also have done tremendously well so far 6 stones is nothing to sneeze at!
Ok so you went off plan for a while (a lot of us have done it) you are only human and at least you have decided enough is enough and jumped back on the wagon! I always would stop posting whenever I was on a binge or had cheated, and you know it was the worst thing I could do, I have got this far in my journey with the help of the wemitts, and I need the continued help of the wemitts to get me to the end of my journey (hopefully in one piece and with all my faculties intact ;) lol) - So keep posting and we will get there together!
On the bright side you know the diet works, you know you can do it and you know that the weight you've put on will be gone in a very short space of time! So get glugging that water!!!!!!!!!

Hope all the wemitts are having a great day, catch up with you all later xx

Thanks Mrs Tweedy, great to hear from you again. How are you doing on your journey?

Seems like a life time ago I was reading about your horrible people across the road - hopefully they are a nightmare that has started to fade (well until I brought it back up anyway):cool:

Lol Barb, they are a dim and distant memory, my new neighbours are lovely and NORMAL !!!
I am not doing too badly, have got back on the CD wagon myself since my massive Chrimbo gain :( and so far so good, Day 25 today (yes I'm counting lol) As of today I have lost 175lbs and still determined to lose the rest so overall I can't complain, This is the year for us Barb, we will both reach our goals in 2007!!!!

xx

Wow Mrs Tweedy, >Jellybabe standing on chair cheering and waving arms madly for you< well down what an absolutely incredible achievement, you must feel so proud of yourself - Phil and Fern better start warming the old sofa for you...

Well done getting back on track again - so you started SSing on the 1st Jan - good for you, I never start diets on the first as I am am superstitious about them not working out so always leave it a few weeks - well thats one excuse anyway:eek:, I am sure I can come up with a few more.

Change of subject completely...

Got an appointment this afternoon with an ENT consultant as I have a white/creamy growth thing on one of my tonsils, I am sure its a cyst or something as it swelled up over Chrimo and then nearly halved in size but its growing again... watch this space...

and another change - got the attention span of a grasshopper today..

Has anyone got one of those manual magnetic treadmills as thinking of buying one - would love a proper electric one but don't think I have the space for it (not to mention the cash).

my sister has one and its great. not as easy/swish as a lekky one but definately worth investing in a fold up one.

Ooh Barb, that sounds awful, is it painful? good luck with your appointment, let us know how you get on.

I have a fancy leccy treadmill but I never use it haha (at first I couldn't use it because it said you had to be 19st or less) so I had an ideal excuse but now I suppose I should bite the bullet and get on it (will have to find it first under a mountain of coats and christmas wrapping paper haha)!

As for starting on the 1st Jan I had to, if I'd allowed myself even 1 day more it would have easily become 1 week more, 1 month more etc etc, I need definite boundaries :sigh: .

Catch you all later (time for a hot toffeewalnut porridge I think, I am blinking freezing)! xx

Ann - I bet you'll be astonished when you do weigh yourself just how well you've done on your 'new' plan (and probably regret not weighing yourself to begin with so you know how much you've lost in such a short space of time :rolleyes: !) What you're doing now is pretty much what I do most days now .. and I find it works for me :)

Jellybabe -welcome back! :D It's a learning curve for all of us, but the important thing is that we DO learn and don't keep repeating the same mistakes. What we used to think of as 'normal' eating behaviour is what made us fat in the first place, so if we go back to that way of eating again we'll just end up putting it all back on again :( I always tell myself (and my clients), "Eat like a fat person and you'll end up fat again, eat like a thin person and you'll stay slim ;) "

Mrs T - 175 lbs! O .. M ... G!! :eek: You never cease to amaze and inspire me, you wonderful lady xxx

Barb - well done on the 4 lbs in less than so many days! Totally fab!! :cool:

Love to all Wemitts as I'm off from tomorrow for my birthday celebration weekend (yes, it's 'that' birthday :sigh: ) See you all again when I'm in my 5th decade! :wave_cry:

Happy birthday gorgeous !

You don't look a day over 30 :eek: I hope you have a fantastic birthday weekend, (plenty of photos please)!

xx

Hi everyone

back from the hosp appointment, feeling sorry for myself as have a numb nose the throat one has kinda worn off - had to have the camera thingy up the nose and down the throat to see if there where any others - yuk never want to go through that experience again. You feel like you can't talk or swallow but you can. Walking back up the hill in the cold and not feeling the cold air until it reached my lungs:rolleyes: . weird feeling! Still its official I have a voice box - seen it on the video (why - not sure!!) I was right it is a cyst but as its not causing me any problems the advice is to leave it as the only way to deal with it is to remove the tonsil. If it gets troublesome or smelly then its worth getting it removed - but like I said to the consultant - probably couldn't tell if it was smelly over the ketosis breath:eek: .

Happy Birthday Summer, congrats on reaching the half century!! You certainly don't look your age you must have good genes!! Summer I will print your little saying out and stick it on my food cabinets at home!!

Hi wemitts

Ann - your plan sounds a really sensible one ... and it's working PLUS it's something you feel you can stick with - that's the secret of a successful plan!

Jellybabe - welcome back! It's always hard biting the bullet and getting back on the wagon: I too had a bit of a disasterous Christmas 'break' going from 12st 7lb to 14st 2lb in just a couple of weeks. I was gutted as I thought I'd seen the back of the teens forever! After struggling to find a plan to get me back on track, I'm back with SSing (restarted last Monday) so hopefully I can get to where I WOULD have been months ago if I hadn't messed about so much! Oh well, I suppose the important thing is that we haven't given up eh?

Mrs T - 175lb .... flippin' heck that's telephone number land!!! I'm speechless with admiration!

Sharon - I didn't realise our birthdays are so close! Happy Birthday for the 27th from a fellow 'water bearer' :tear_drop:

I bought a couple of small haggises today ... it's Burns night and we usually have a Scottish dinner (Haggis, tatty & neaps, onion gravy) in recognition of our Scottish heritage.
Unfortunately, I'll have to be content with soup - but the others shouldn't have to miss out hence the haggis.

I've picked a brilliant time to start SS haven't I ... hubby's birthday last week, Burns night, my birthday, valentine's day, our 10th anniversary a few days later - oh well ... is there EVER a good time to start SSing?? LOL

Hope everyone has had a great day.

Thank you Mrs T and Barbara - both for your good wishes and lovely compliments (flattery'll get you anywhere! :eek: :) )

Debbie, I hope you have an absolutely FAB day tomorrow! (Yeah, we're the best .. aren't we? ;) :D ) - and enjoy Burns Night tonight :cool:

Love

Hello everyone,
How are all the new WeMitts doing??? Lets hear from you please.
I think I've lost a bit of the "Christmas stone", but won't know for sure until Tuesday when I go to see CDC to be weighed. I feel a bit thinner around the middle!
Nothing much to report in westhillsland, except that I'm disappointed I won't be able to go to the South Coast "meet" tomorrow - cost of train fare on top of Hotel is just too much, and I don't fancy driving to Portsmouth from Derbyshire in this unpredictable weather. I will definitely be in Birmingham for the March meet, come what may.
Ann x

Sorry wemitts this is gonna be my last post for a while, I am going through some awful times at the moment (not diet related- surprisingly thats one thing thats still on track).

I am having some personal probs and so wont have any time to devote to posting, not sure what i am going to do to be honest,:sigh: it looks like my 11.5 year relationship is over, and at the moment my head is all over the place, and I can't even think straight.
I just want you all to know that no matter where in the world I am or what i'm doing, I will treasure each and every one of my wemitty friends, and I wish you all the success in the world.
xx

Hiya Mrs Tweedy i am so sorry that you wont be posting you will be sorely missed i hope that you will be back soon .

How awful to end a relationship after all that time i hope that its not too bad for you . If you need a shoulder just yell will be thinking of you lots of love Julie xxx

mrs t,

u r such a well of inspiration on here so i hope u will stick around. i understand u have some awful things going on but we r all friends here and if u need to lick ur wounds and moan or whatever!! we r all here to listen and support u thru it.

i hope u will reconsider. uve given so much help and support to others it would be a shame to deny those people the opportunity to do the same for you. the support on here doesnt end at the weighing scales, remember that.

all my love

xxxxx

Sorry wemitts this is gonna be my last post for a while, I am going through some awful times at the moment (not diet related- surprisingly thats one thing thats still on track).

I am having some personal probs and so wont have any time to devote to posting, not sure what i am going to do to be honest,:sigh: it looks like my 11.5 year relationship is over, and at the moment my head is all over the place, and I can't even think straight.
I just want you all to know that no matter where in the world I am or what i'm doing, I will treasure each and every one of my wemitty friends, and I wish you all the success in the world.
xx

Thinking of you at this tough time. xx

So sorry to hear you having such a tough time Mrs T - I hope you manage to sort things out one way or another.... and huge respect to stay on track whilst this is going on..... you are someone who is greatly respected and admired...... I wish you well...... take care and when things sort themselves out I hope you can drop by and let us know how it's going...... don't forget once your at target we are all coming to Liverpool......;)

Take care
Love

Back