GENERAL WEMITT THREAD - Week Commencing 27th Nov

bakerfa

Silver Member
Has everyone recovered from the weekend yet? I'mstill "paying the price" lol. Well worth it though. Am chuffed that yesterday I tried the chicken and mushroom soup AS a hot drink! Yummy! Definitely going to get some more of those today! Hope all you lovely WeMitts are having a fab start to your week xxx

I've bought a new dress for Christmas, and it came today. It's a Kim & Co one from QVC. I tried it on and Michael took a couple of pictures, so I put them next to the "befores" as I am in black on those as well.
Public Album
Needs some diamonds to brighten it up, says my husband!! I don't think he's offering though.
Ann xxx

Hi guys,

Ann, look at you! stunning as usual, maybe Santa will bring you those diamonds, you never know!

Lizzie, well done with your 1st weigh in 9lbs is fab! I am v v pleased for you ~ now there will be no stopping you!

FF&F chicken and mushroom soup is my fave (savoury) shake too, I can't get enough of it lately LOL must be the cold weather setting in! Enjoy!

Anja, glad you got a diagnosis, my friend has raynauds syndrome (had it for years) her poor extremities were either white, red or blue depending on her environment and the weather, and lately it doesn't seem to bother her as much as it once did, infact I don't think she still takes any medicine for it (she seems to think it has something to do with having giving birth, but then again she also said that her IBS disappeared after her second baby so who knows, LOL she is completely mad and attributes most things to the babies haha), but it can be controlled very well with the proper medication, I hope the medication helps you hun, in the meantime Lakeland do some fab microwaveable slippers (lol) you unzip the pad and microwave it before reattaching to the slippers and hey presto lovely toastie feet for the next few hours!

Well wemitts, as you all know since we moved house in August I have been faffing about (not really following the diet for the past 5 months) and am very glad to say that this morning I reached my 12 stone loss :eek: 12 stones! thats more than some of you actually weigh now :eek: lol I have lost a whole person (I still have a further person to go but hey, I really mean it this time so I'm sure that extra person will disappear too in time)!

Anyhow, I hope you all have a fantastic day, and remember, if you can't be good ~ be careful!!!!!!!!

xx

am very glad to say that this morning I reached my 12 stone loss :eek: 12 stones! thats more than some of you actually weigh now :eek: lol I have lost a whole person (I still have a further person to go but hey, I really mean it this time so I'm sure that extra person will disappear too in time)!

xx

Oh blinking Norah! That's just wonderful news, Mrs T!! I don't pop in here nearly as often as I should these days - but I'm blooming glad that today is one of those days just to have read this! I'm am more thrilled for you than you could possibly imagine, honey! :D :D :D

You will lose that 'extra' person, I have no doubts about that whatsoever - just as long as you make sure that it's not one of us WeMitts! :rolleyes:

Much love, as always

*blushes* thankyou gorgeous, I have taken the liberty of sneaking a peek at your most recent pics and WOW! You are stunning, fantastic I can't wait to be half as lovely as you darlin!
I could kick myself for not sticking to the diet these past few months but still I can't help but smile when I think that I have lost all that *fat* since February :eek: I totally attribute my success so far to all the wonderful support shown to me by the wemitts (and the other lovely peeps on here and Discoveryhealth) I am truly blessed to have gotten to know you all!

Anyhoo, before this turns into a novel of epic proportions I am off to make a shake, take care hun xx

Bless ya darlin! I'm sitting here raising my capuccino shake to your incredible achievement. 12 stone since February is extraordinary in anyone's book and you should be so proud of yourself!

Methinks at least one Minimins finalist for Slimmer of the Year 2007 is already in the bag - or even the winner! :rolleyes: :D

Mrs T - I nearly spluttered my hot choccie shake all over my keyboard when I read your post ..... 12st!!!! OMG - you are AWESOME and a real inspiration!!

Ann - your dress looks fab: so slinky and sophisticated. I don't wear dresses as a rule - I don't have the legs for them - but maybe in a few stones time I might have a go.

Hope everyone is tucking up nice and warm in this weather (I know it's not freezing cold but it feels it when you're SSing!)
Hugs to all

Debbie xx

Mrs T - I just don't have the words to tell you how proud of you I am. After the truly awful start you had, with the trouble with the scales, you have shown such courage and determination. I know you've had a "blip", but you're back on track, all I can say is well done, but it doesn't come close to how I feel.
Debbie - keep us informed about the job, it sounds SO interesting.
2 years ago, after the inquest into my son's death, I did an interview for Radio Derby. They also made a TV report, which was on Central News. I did these things for my son, and so that the world at large would know what had happened. I never did look at the TV piece, because I just knew I looked so awful. Anyway, I have been in touch with the lady who did the original piece for the radio - she wanted to do another interview about how people cope after bereavement. Well, we got talking about how my life has changed, and this afternoon I did another interview - we did it at the gym, and put a positive slant on how my life has changed, and how a degree of happiness can eventually follow total despair. Of course, I talked about Cambridge, and my weight loss journey, as this has played a large part in my "recovery". I also told her about the wonderful support I have received on - line.
Also I have bought a suit for the Cambridge Conference on Saturday, as it si "business dress". I went all over the place, but of all places ended up buying it at Matalan. Shopping for a suit had it's frustrations, as they are sold as separates nowadays, and no one had my size in both jacket and skirt!!! A familiar feeling from the old days, but one I can put up with when the size they don't have is a 12!!
Just sent another WeMitt fleece out to Steph, so it's nice to know there are "Winter WeMitts" out ther - the original lot, including me, were in T shirts in the summer.
Welcome again, all nrre WeMitts.
Ann x

HELLO FELLOW WeMITTS!

just a quickie as im off to bed soon, very tired today.

another good day today although it had a yucky start! (i must confess to scoffing 9 (yes 9!) quality street yesterday, they were in my mums living room so i shifted them as soon as i saw them and hid them in the kitchen. when i went to make tea i was tucking in before i even realised then i got a taste for them, but i decided enough, and i stopped) boy did i suffer this morning! i had horrible scoots on the loo for about 10minutes. eeeeewwwwwwyuuuuch. Well I WONT be doing that again...lesson well and truly learned!

MRS T - WHAT AN AMAZING WeMITT YOU ARE!! keep up the excellent work, youre doing so so well xx

an ANN - you look stunning in your dress, i hope santa brings you those diamonds, you deserve an extra special present for all your hard work xx

take care all, have a great week xx

Last edited:
Mrs T
Congratulations. I also remember the time when you started CD and you have come a long way since then.

You are a great Wemitt

Irene xx

Aaaw thanks you guys, I often read back over my first desperate few posts on the DH wemitt thread and I really do not ever want to be in that place ever again! Without the help and support of the wemitts I would never have stuck the diet for the first week, let alone until now.

I wont kid myself, I know I will put on a few lbs over Christmas but I am the type of person who in the past has tried to diet over Christmas only to feel totally hard done to and deprived and by the time January arrives I fall off my diet and binge big time!!!
This has been a recurring pattern over the past 10 years, so this year I have granted myself Christmas week to indulge (a little) and hopefully in January I will be able to get back into my diet full time wihout any feelings of deprivation and obsessing about the foods I didn't get to eat!

Irene, how are you? I hope your mum is doing ok?

Lizzie, drink plenty of water to try and speed those quality street carbs out of your system and keep hydrated after your tummy troubles, lol maybe next time you are tempted you can remember the awful side effects lol xx

Ann it's so lovely to read about how drastically your outlook on life has changed, you are a true inspiration to us all! xx

Debbie, wrap up warm and have the kettle on permanent standby, lol I am wearing a lot of layers today, I am absolutely frozen!

I hope you guys are all ok, and have a really fantastic day xx

I wont kid myself, I know I will put on a few lbs over Christmas but I am the type of person who in the past has tried to diet over Christmas only to feel totally hard done to and deprived and by the time January arrives I fall off my diet and binge big time!!!
This has been a recurring pattern over the past 10 years, so this year I have granted myself Christmas week to indulge (a little) and hopefully in January I will be able to get back into my diet full time wihout any feelings of deprivation and obsessing about the foods I didn't get to eat!

Hi Mrs T ... this is going to be my ethos over Christmas too. I'm not even going to insult myself by saying I'm going to SS over Christmas because I know I won't. However, instead of spiralling into a pit of despair in January like I usually do, I'll just get right back on the wagon (I know I can do it now) and carry on with the rest of the journey.

It's great to know that 'CD safety net' is always there :)

Hi Ann and all wemitts.
Went for my weigh in last night put back 1.5lb had a bad week, but back on it now havent been able to exercise properly as my gout has been bad. Well done Mrs Tweedy on your amazing loss and I must agree Ann you look amazing in that dress.
Im still struggling counting calories but I will get there one day. Im looking into about doing CD after xmas if I can work out my finances but I dont hold out much hope at the moment.
My gout isnt to bad this morning so I will have ago on my bike and see how it goes. Anyway I off to do some washing and general housework so I will visit again later on and let you know how it all goes.
Hope evryone has a great day talk soon Tina.....x

Tina 1.5lbs gain is absolutely nothing and is likely to be water anyhow. You are doing so very well with the calorie counting (not something I have ever been very good at lol) well done on your losses so far.

Debbie, it's great to know that the CD safety net is there for after Christmas, at least with this diet it doesn't feel like you've 'thrown it all away' if you have a few days off, on other diets I'd be so demotivated if I fell off the wagon and give up, but with vlcds you know that any damage can be reversed in a very short space of time.

I have to say I am quite looking forward to Christmas, I have been worrying for months about whether to ss or not, and I think I've made the correct decision for me (given my past record) I just know that if I don't allow myself the few days grace, I will obsess about what I have 'missed' well into the new year and who knows where that will lead :eek: lol This way I am setting some boundaries and hopefully will get back into the diet without any fuss after Chrimbo xx

Hi everyone, had a wonderful day at the Cambridge Christmas Conference. Very many warm congratulations to the winner of the Slimmer of the Year Award, Leighan Finlay (ladykeltic) Managed to get a photo of her with WeMitts AKB (Ailsa), westhills (Ann) and summerskye (Sharon)
Ann xx

Attachments

• Ailsa, Leighann, Ann & Sharon.jpg
    Ailsa, Leighann, Ann & Sharon.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 64
Hi Ann,

Congratulations and it is great to hear you all had such a wonderful day.

Fabulous photo!!!

Love Mini xxx

Back