• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

S: 15st5lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 1st2lb(7.44%)
Thinking about taking the plunge and having a go at some form of gentle exercise?

A group of us ladies were chatting today about this very subject earlier today, and thought a thread for ‘exercise newbies’ might be useful. We wanted a friendly, relaxed place to log our activity, ask questions, and receive and offer support 😊

And here we are! 😃

A couple of us have got dusty treadmills at home me included 😳) and various other bits of equipment that aren’t being used 🙄

Some of us have got pooches that would LOVE an extra 5 minutes on their walk! (me again! 🐶🐾🐶🐾)

Whether it’s swimming 🏊🏻‍♀️ , using the gym 🏋🏻‍♀️ or simply walking🚶🏻‍♂️- whatever floats your boat - please share it here.

Let’s try to encourage each other into taking the first steps into a more healthy lifestyle.

Even if you’re still at the ‘thinking’ stage, rather than the ‘doing’, we’d still love to hear from you 😁

I’ve made a start today by de-cobwebbing my treadmill in the garage and downloading a walking app 😇

Tomorrow I might even get on it! :whacky068:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
I would love to join this thread in the hope your enthusiasm will rub off on me and that it will motivate me to do a bit more than what I am doing presently.:classic_oops:

As the weather is cold but sunny I walked to Sports Direct instead of jumping in the car. It's about 1.2 miles each way.

Not far but it's a start.:classic_smile:

I also popped into M&S for a end of month treat.:eating:
Oh well done you! That’s a great start! :0clapper:
And that’s exactly the sort of thing that we can all do to increase our activity levels without really having to change our day too much! We have a Waitrose near us...probably about a 10 minute walk...but I ALWAYS take the car 😳

Not any more! I’ve got one of those cute little shopping trolleys on wheels so next time I’m walking for sure.

Well I’ve made a start too! Twice actually! 😇

Exercise no 1
Managed to walk 2k on the treadmill in 28 minutes. Yes I know it’s not very fast but I did put it on incline which really made me puff!

Exercise no 2
As it’s such a beautiful day here we wrapped the doggies up in jumpers and went for a walk after dinner. Only a gentle wander, about 0.9k in around 25 mins, and we had to stop for two 💩‘s and lots of 💦 (the dogs, not me and Gwyn 🤣) but it was very pleasant and I feel justified in just chilling all afternoon now 😇

S: 17st7.5lb C: 14st4.6lb G: 13st13lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 3st2.9lb(18.29%)
I’ve managed to clock up just over 5000 steps at work today, not much but better than nothing. I’m off work from Tuesday to next Monday so that :whacky068: better watch out. I shall start one of those walks on the app.

Last edited:
5000 is a LOT of steps @Diane1966 :0clapper: And to have done that many at work is very impressive.
I was a bit of a twit really as I didn’t keep my phone on me when I was on the treadmill so didn’t record my steps 🙄 AND I forgot to take it with me when we walked the dogs so I couldn’t log it on Map my Walk 😩
Oh well, I won’t forget next time! 😂

5000 is a LOT of steps @Diane1966 :0clapper: And to have done that many at work is very impressive.
I was a bit of a twit really as I didn’t keep my phone on me when I was on the treadmill so didn’t record my steps 🙄 AND I forgot to take it with me when we walked the dogs so I couldn’t log it on Map my Walk 😩
Oh well, I won’t forget next time! 😂
I’ve been walking round the carpark on the hour every hour, bit chilly but it makes you walk faster, just over 700 steps per lap :classic_big_grin:

I’ve been walking round the carpark on the hour every hour, bit chilly but it makes you walk faster, just over 700 steps per lap :classic_big_grin:
What a great idea! Hope you’re all wrapped up! 😨🧣🧤🧦xx

Battery has died on trainer :classic_mad: so done 10 mins. After 2 mins my thighs were starting to hurt. Shows how unfit I have become.:classic_frown:
How awful that you couldn’t use the trainer :rotflmao: , only joking, very annoying when that happens. You’ll soon get fitter, your moving in the right direction and thats what counts.
I’m just hoping that when i plug my treadmill in tomorrow that its not is working :whacky068: must be more positive about exercise, i know once i get into a routine I’ll enjoy it.
Done just over 6300 steps today, been running round like mad today which is a good thing.

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
I just about managed a 45 minute walk today:classic_smile:...I think I will stick with 20 to 30 minutes for now as I was exhausted after it.:classic_frown:

Well done Mary, Dawn and Diane:0clapper:

You ladies have really put me to shame today 😳
@craftermary Bad luck on the battery running out! i hope your legs are recovering now though x

@Mini well done! I think they recommend 20 mins a day anyway so maybe try that for a while until you're more comfortable with it and then increase it? I fell asleep after I used the treadmill! 😴💤

@Diane1966 You KNOW you can't wait to get on that :whacky068: 😂

S: 11st0lb C: 9st0lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 2st0lb(18.18%)
How awful that you couldn’t use the trainer :rotflmao: , only joking, very annoying when that happens. You’ll soon get fitter, your moving in the right direction and thats what counts.
I’m just hoping that when i plug my treadmill in tomorrow that its not is working :whacky068: must be more positive about exercise, i know once i get into a routine I’ll enjoy it.
Done just over 6300 steps today, been running round like mad today which is a good thing.

Today's the day to get on the :whacky068: . Even a quick 10 minutes will be better than nothing.:classic_smile: