Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

skinnydawn

Gold Member
Thinking about taking the plunge and having a go at some form of gentle exercise?

A group of us ladies were chatting today about this very subject earlier today, and thought a thread for ‘exercise newbies’ might be useful. We wanted a friendly, relaxed place to log our activity, ask questions, and receive and offer support 😊

And here we are! 😃

A couple of us have got dusty treadmills at home me included 😳) and various other bits of equipment that aren’t being used 🙄

Some of us have got pooches that would LOVE an extra 5 minutes on their walk! (me again! 🐶🐾🐶🐾)

Whether it’s swimming 🏊🏻‍♀️ , using the gym 🏋🏻‍♀️ or simply walking🚶🏻‍♂️- whatever floats your boat - please share it here.

Let’s try to encourage each other into taking the first steps into a more healthy lifestyle.

Even if you’re still at the ‘thinking’ stage, rather than the ‘doing’, we’d still love to hear from you 😁

I’ve made a start today by de-cobwebbing my treadmill in the garage and downloading a walking app 😇

Tomorrow I might even get on it! :whacky068:

Last edited:
As the weather is cold but sunny I walked to Sports Direct instead of jumping in the car. It's about 1.2 miles each way.

Not far but it's a start.:classic_smile:

I also popped into M&S for a end of month treat.:eating:

Oh well done you! That’s a great start! :0clapper:
And that’s exactly the sort of thing that we can all do to increase our activity levels without really having to change our day too much! We have a Waitrose near us...probably about a 10 minute walk...but I ALWAYS take the car 😳

Not any more! I’ve got one of those cute little shopping trolleys on wheels so next time I’m walking for sure.

Well I’ve made a start too! Twice actually! 😇

Exercise no 1
Managed to walk 2k on the treadmill in 28 minutes. Yes I know it’s not very fast but I did put it on incline which really made me puff!

Exercise no 2
As it’s such a beautiful day here we wrapped the doggies up in jumpers and went for a walk after dinner. Only a gentle wander, about 0.9k in around 25 mins, and we had to stop for two 💩‘s and lots of 💦 (the dogs, not me and Gwyn 🤣) but it was very pleasant and I feel justified in just chilling all afternoon now 😇

5000 is a LOT of steps @Diane1966 :0clapper: And to have done that many at work is very impressive.
I was a bit of a twit really as I didn’t keep my phone on me when I was on the treadmill so didn’t record my steps 🙄 AND I forgot to take it with me when we walked the dogs so I couldn’t log it on Map my Walk 😩
Oh well, I won’t forget next time! 😂

I’ve been walking round the carpark on the hour every hour, bit chilly but it makes you walk faster, just over 700 steps per lap :classic_big_grin:

What a great idea! Hope you’re all wrapped up! 😨🧣🧤🧦xx

You ladies have really put me to shame today 😳
@craftermary Bad luck on the battery running out! i hope your legs are recovering now though x

@Mini well done! I think they recommend 20 mins a day anyway so maybe try that for a while until you're more comfortable with it and then increase it? I fell asleep after I used the treadmill! 😴💤

@Diane1966 You KNOW you can't wait to get on that :whacky068: 😂

How awful that you couldn’t use the trainer :rotflmao: , only joking, very annoying when that happens. You’ll soon get fitter, your moving in the right direction and thats what counts.
I’m just hoping that when i plug my treadmill in tomorrow that its not is working :whacky068: must be more positive about exercise, i know once i get into a routine I’ll enjoy it.
Done just over 6300 steps today, been running round like mad today which is a good thing.

Today's the day to get on the :whacky068: . Even a quick 10 minutes will be better than nothing.:classic_smile:

You ladies have really put me to shame today 😳
@craftermary Bad luck on the battery running out! i hope your legs are recovering now though x

@Mini well done! I think they recommend 20 mins a day anyway so maybe try that for a while until you're more comfortable with it and then increase it? I fell asleep after I used the treadmill! 😴💤

@Diane1966 You KNOW you can't wait to get on that :whacky068: 😂

Going to try and take the battery pack apart to see what one I need and if I have it. Too cold to go out just for that if I haven't got one.:classic_smile:

My computer thing isn't working as it's broken and as it's old I'm not going to replace it. Will wait until garage is finished then go on FB marketplace or Shpock to find a cheap second hand one.

Attachments

• 20180227_082202[1].jpg
    20180227_082202[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
I'm impressed with all this activity ladies - as I'm reading whilst sitting here on the sofa ;) but when I've caught up on here - I'm going to do 30 mins exercise - not sure what type yet :oops: I keep trying but failing to do the 150 mins moderate activity a week plus 2 or more weekly strength sessions as recommended on NHS website, so hoping that joining you all on here will motivate me!

Back