Getting a grip

Hello!

Well someone was smiling down on us today :)

Weather was very wet n windy but not as treacherous as we expected. We all managed to finish without injury or incident and when we crossed the line, the sun came out! The weather did get worse as the day progressed.

We did it in 1:40 which sounds great but we were talking to the mum if an elite woman who did the Olympic distance (double the length of ours!) in a time of 1:50 last week! It was a great day. So many people of different ages, shapes, sizes, ability including elite athletes and para athletes.

Everyone worked hard against the elements, but the elite women performed in the worst conditions of the day and they ended up cancelling the elite men's race completely. They were going to eliminate the bike section but it became too dangerous for swim and run too. I feel for them. They have trained hard for months and spent a fortune travelling and staying in hotels etc. Thats a real shame.

Am now sat on the couch. Feet up, lots if calories consumed! DD tomorrow. Will need some major fasting this week :-/

Hope uv had a good day too x

P.S in the pic is Gwen Jorgunsenn from USA. She won elite women's race and is ranked number one in the world this season (I think!) x

Attachments

• image-4187252434.jpg
    image-4187252434.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 20
  • image-1908621070.jpg
    image-1908621070.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 20
Look how thin Gwen Jorgunsenn's legs are! Well done what an achievement for you. Something to tell the children about when you're back at work.

That's brilliant!!!!!!!

That's amazing! You should be really proud of yourself - what an achievement!!

Morning mrs, hope today is a good one for you and that you've no aches & pains ;) xx

Excellent result TH. Very proud of you. Hope today goes well x

That's a fantastic result! Well done x

Thanks Yoyo. We weren't expecting that :)

The winners from the Royal hospital were a team of lovely, young male doctors. They were racked next to us. the Hollyoaks team had a professional swimmer from a triathlon club, that's why they haven't ranked in the finishing results. The MPs were really nice. Their runner was called lucianna and I was calling her oceana. Doh! Craig, the winner from the very first Big Brother, only cycled one lap instead of two, but he got rumbled because if the timing chip. Our swimmer noticed that straight away at the time because he went out 5 minutes after me and came in 15 minutes before me. She had him sussed! Was great fun :)

You should definitely give it a try. You would really enjoy it and it would give you a bit of variety in ur training.

My first was the Olympic distance at the Liverpool Tri. There was an amazing amount if supporters there cheering everyone on. I'd recommend doing a big city one first because there are lots of competitors and there will be lots of people doing it for the first time. They have lots of different wave times and if u are last, u can't tell because there are lots if people starting after you.

Smaller triathlons usually attract serious athletes who don't have time for a nod or a well done. I did Marbury park and it was tiny, full of die hards. We had to cycle on roads that were open to cars, so that is something else to consider.

I guarantee that you will love it! X

Look how thin Gwen Jorgunsenn's legs are! Well done what an achievement for you. Something to tell the children about when you're back at work.

They are all so skinny. Not a shape I'd like if I'm honest. They looked do freezing in the wind n rain. No padding to insulate themselves.

There was one girl who had some meat on her bum. JLo bum. She is probably a size 6-8 but looked big next to the other athletes! X

Week 2 DD

I really need this because I have eaten so much over the weekend. I think psychologically I ate double because I knew I was going to be exerting myself then I ate loads afterwards because I felt I deserved it. That's why I've always been a fat, fit person!

Nit sure what and when'll eat today, just see how it pans out :)

Hope u start the week off well :) x

Back