Getting a grip

Good idea re the weighing, if it's a number you normally get stuck on then it's best not to scale watch and just miss that number completely ---roll on the 10's!

Good idea re the weighing, if it's a number you normally get stuck on then it's best not to scale watch and just miss that number completely ---roll on the 10's!

Totally agree! I have a feeling going through the 11s will be hard and slow for me too, as at that stage I start to get close to where my body seems to feel quite comfortable... I'd love to ditch the scales for a while, but not sure if I could... I'm a compulsive weigher!

Hope today is going well for u :) x

High 5 for me. Just sat through daughter eating a pizza, garlic bread, cheeses chips and pizza with her friends. Choc shake for me :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

High 5 for me. Just sat through daughter eating a pizza, garlic bread, cheeses chips and pizza with her friends. Choc shake for me :) x Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

Definite will power present to resist all that!! x

Well done for resisting hun. Have a good night xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies!

I made her put the crusts in the bin (the outside bin) because I love the crusts, especially if they are burnt!

I didn't really feel tempted. Bless her friend. She kept offering me onion rings and wedges etc. She doesn't know I'm dieting!

Anyway, I managed to avoid that disaster! X

Day 18

So today is the day when my daughters car should be delivered. She still doesn't know about it yet. Been dying to tell her! Brother not sure if he can get it delivered today. Fingers crossed that he can :)

I will squeeze the gym in today then I'm going with my bestie for a dress fitting this afternoon:) how exciting. We'll go out afterwards so ill have to avoid food and drink!

I feel good most of the time. Feel like the diet is working and I can feel a difference to my size. But then I realise my weight and I think that I'm so far off target and ill never get there. I remember starting a diet at 12st 2 and thinking I was a whale! This time round I was 14st and am 6 lbs off 12st 2. It's only fleeting thoughts and they don't overwhelm me but they get me down momentarily!

This is a marathon, not a sprint. I have actually ran marathons before so I'm going to have to equate it to that.

I know when you start a marathon you initially think you're never going to run 26.2 miles. never. then u think its a case of putting one foot in front of the other and you start to feel good. about 8 miles in you feel bit sluggish and think ur less than a third of the way there. Wee pep talk and energy gel and ur good to get to the half way point of 13 miles. There's lots of support and people encouraging you. Spurred on by that, you keep going. The miles go by, the crowds continue to encourage. At mile 18 ur thinking I'll never do this. No chance. I've done 18, that's great. Could just stop. Then u think, another couple of miles. When u get to 20 miles you think I've got a 10k run left to do. I can do a 10k so u keep plodding on. By the time u get to 22 miles that's where they say the real race begins. Ur body is knackered, uv used ALL energy and ur body converts to using other sources. This is when it's really tough and it hurts. One foot in front of the other. The crowds are fantastic. They can see ur hurting and they are willing u on. Ur fellow runners are right there with u. Feeling the same thing. you encourage them when they're struggling and vice versa. At mile 25 you think 1 mike to go. You're so proud of yourself. But that mile seems like the longest and it definitely the hardest. But you keep going. You know the finish line is there. You can see people with their medals around their neck, looking proud. On an on till u see the line. In the final 400m you feel like Usain Bolt having just smashed a world record. The crowd are going wild. Crossing the line feels tremendous and very emotional. You can't beat that feeling! The months and months of sacrifice, hard work, medal, tshirt, sweat, tears and pain was all worth it!

So I've ran marathons as I've said. But I've never got to goal weight. In terms of weight loss ive only ever managed to get to between 18-20 miles. see below! Even when physically running marathons. Thinking about it... I'm probably at the 8 mile mark just now. I've lost 1st 6lbs. I'm a third of the way there. Lets hope I can use my marathon's positive mental attitude to get me through this.

8 miles: 12st 7 (I'm 12st 8)
13.1 miles: 11st 7 (half way point)
18 miles: 10 st 7 (ill be looking and feeling better then and thinking stop now)
20 miles: 10st (stop, its hard, u look ok)
22 miles: 9 1/2 st (god this is hard, u look ok, uv worked hard, stop)
26.2 miles 9st (wow, I've finally made it!!!!!)

Sorry for the babbling. It's helped me to write it down. I can run a marathon. I can bloody well do this!

Have a good day folks. Stay strong :) x

I love that post, one of the best I've ever read!

You're right, you can do this, one foot in front of the other = one day at a time. Thanks for sharing that......now I only wish that I'd ever run a bloody marathon!! ;)

I love that post, one of the best I've ever read!

You're right, you can do this, one foot in front of the other = one day at a time. Thanks for sharing that......now I only wish that I'd ever run a bloody marathon!! ;)

Thanks Katie. If I can do a marathon. Anyone can. Really. It's all in the head. A long slog. But most if the struggle is in ur head. If someone told u to walk 26.2 miles to cure ur nearest and dearest if cancer. Ud do it with bells on. You'd run/walk to get there quicker. Anyone can do marathon. Unless u gave an illness or injury and the doc doesn't advise you too! I've got asthma and a few injuries that come and go and I did it...

Have a great day x

Inspirational thoughts TH, thank you :)

....now, if I could just run a hundred yards I'd be chuffed!! :eek:

Thanks Darcy. U cd easy run 100 yards. Run slow/walk to begin with. Build it up slowly!

U can't run a marathon on a VLCD. That's for sure! X

Excellent post TH and although i have never run a marathon and quite frankly never intend to, the thought process behind it was fantastic. Know exactly what you mean and have had exactly the same thought process!!

Oh and got to agree, burnt crusts, definitely the best bit ..... Mmmm :)

Keep going, your doing great!!! xx

Lol yes I'd agree with the burnt crusts too!

Excellent post TH and although i have never run a marathon and quite frankly never intend to, the thought process behind it was fantastic. Know exactly what you mean and have had exactly the same thought process!!

Oh and got to agree, burnt crusts, definitely the best bit ..... Mmmm :)

Keep going, your doing great!!! xx

Thanks Miss Mac!

Glad I've discovered a fellow lover of burnt bits! X

Thanks Miss Mac! Glad I've discovered a fellow lover of burnt bits! X Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

My family think im crazy!
At christmas im like ill have the burnt parsnips, burnt potatoes etc!!
Things just taste so much better like that!!
When i cook, i do it deliberately :)

Interesting & thought provoking post there TH. Thank you.
As for the burnt food I love it too!!
Hope your day has gone well x

I LOVE the marathon analogy post TH - it's exactly what I needed to read today, so thank you! I might have to pinch a bit for my diary as a reminder (sourcing you ofc ;)) - and our goals are essentially the very same. Let's run this exante marathon together!

The most I've ever run was 5k (used the couch to 5k app with reasonable success) but then I started gaining weight again and gave up. Running a marathon is on my bucket list - it's one of those things I never thought I would be able to do (seeing as at my heaviest I was just over 18st!), so I want to do it at some point to prove to myself that anything is possible xx

Back