Getting a grip

I LOVE the marathon analogy post TH - it's exactly what I needed to read today, so thank you! I might have to pinch a bit for my diary as a reminder (sourcing you ofc ;)) - and our goals are essentially the very same. Let's run this exante marathon together!

The most I've ever run was 5k (used the couch to 5k app with reasonable success) but then I started gaining weight again and gave up. Running a marathon is on my bucket list - it's one of those things I never thought I would be able to do (seeing as at my heaviest I was just over 18st!), so I want to do it at some point to prove to myself that anything is possible xx

Glad u like it Scotminx :) well done for the 5k distance too. It's hard getting started but ok once u get into it! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

Day 18 continued...

Daughter is delighted with her car. It's really cute :)

Friends dress fitting went well. She looks gorgeous in it.

We went past coast and they had a sale on so we popped in. I HATE shopping but I was in the mood. Anyway we picked a few dresses to try on. Our friend Nat came too. Julie is an 8, Nat is a 6-8.i tried 16s on but they were way too tight. Way too tight. Maybe the girl at work was right! I don't feel bad. I'm just determined to get rid of the tyres.

We went to Costas afterwards. I had a peppermint tea. Not sure if that's allowed but I thought a cup of hot water might look a bit severe. I avoided the cakes etc :)

So I'm on the couch now and daughter is eating yet another pizza and her boyf has a kebab, two nights of take away. Shocking!

Anyway, I've had half a soup and half a bar so I've still got lots to have and it's nearly 8pm. Don't even feel hungry.

Hope u r all feeling strong :) don't let the weekend beat u...x

Subscribing :D, will catch up later :)

The 16's in Coast will soon be too big, you're doing great and the good news is that peppermint tea is allowed so that was a good choice. Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

Willpower of steel once again - love it! Coast is small made, and sometimes it's about the cut rather than the size per se. However, as has already been said, it won't be long before 16s from there will be too big ;) x

Love your marathon post hun and how you relate it to your weight loss. Glad your daughter loved the car and that you just stuck to a peppermint tea at costas. Well done! Those 16's will fit you soon, just keep going strong hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too love the burnt bits :)
For some reason I have always wanted to run a marathon, even although I hate running !!
:)

Thanks twinkle and Marge...

Marge, maybe you will run a marathon one day. It's a buzz to think that u can put one foot in front of the other for 26.2 miles. Just like paula radcliffe! It's addictive too. When someone told me during my training of first marathon that I'd get addicted, I laughed in her face. But, she was right... X

Day 19

Nice wee FaceTime with OH to start the day :) been awake for wee while.

Plan today: gym then chilllllllllll :)

My legs and glutes are killing from yesterday's spinning class (new instructor) love feeling the ache! I'll prob do spin then yoga/Pilates then little bit of gym, then few lengths of pool followed by sauna, steam, jacuzzi. Lovely ;-)

Here's 2 wee pics that are so true...

Have a great Sunday. Stay focussed. This is a typical slip up day. Beware! X

Attachments

• image-868136291.jpg
    image-868136291.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3571781210.jpg
    image-3571781210.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 37
Loving the pics. They are very true. I always think that the more you ache, the more good is happening to your body, so I'm glad you're aching :)
Have a good day hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

TH, can I ask you a gym question?

I belong to a gym - not that I've been there in ages - part of a well known hotel chain. The fee just covers the gym, swimming and sauna. Any classes are extra. Do you pay extra for all your classes?

The reason for asking is the local council have set up leisure centre membership that includes all the classes, so I'm thinking that would be a better bet - but then I wonder just how crowded it will be.

Undecided which way to go so asking the gym guru around here!! :D

Enjoy those aching muscles, they're a reminder of how hard you're working!

Still going strong TH well done. Have a good gym session then relax! x

TH, can I ask you a gym question?

I belong to a gym - not that I've been there in ages - part of a well known hotel chain. The fee just covers the gym, swimming and sauna. Any classes are extra. Do you pay extra for all your classes?

The reason for asking is the local council have set up leisure centre membership that includes all the classes, so I'm thinking that would be a better bet - but then I wonder just how crowded it will be.

Undecided which way to go so asking the gym guru around here!! :D

Ha! No I don't pay extra for classes. My membership is £35 per month which is discounted because I'm a teacher.

Think u should consider new gym. Fresh start and classes to make u work harder than u would do normally. And the classed can be fun and are a good way of meeting new people. Problem maybe crowding. Can u get a weeks pass to try before you buy? Council gyms can be fabulous :)

Let me know what u decide! X

Help...

I'm exhausted but happily so! Another new spin instructor today. She nearly crippled me. Worse than yesterday. Then I went to yoga/Pilates. Again new instructor n she nearly finished me off! Who'd have thought tiny movements could be so hard? I really did look like a burst couch!

Anyway I skipped the swim and sauna bit (lazy bum) and went up to the gym to lie on the power plates. They are LUSH!!! Facetimed OH at same time which was nice :)

Back home now. Was going to go for a walk in the lovely sunshine but its streaming through my patio doors so ill just be lazy and enjoy sunshine from the couch!

Hope ur being good :) x

Sounds exhausting but well done!!!

Well done TH. You deserve a rest now. What are those power plate things & what are they for ??

I love feeling the gym ache TH :)
I love the knowledge tgat the only thing that is going to ease that pain today is to do it all over again today :D
Happy Sunday :)

Back